CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to: Deep Condition

+4
labon10
Lynnieluve
HappyCurly
Pi*Jay
8 posters

Go down

How to: Deep Condition Empty How to: Deep Condition

Post by Pi*Jay 24th May 2010, 8:19 pm

I was just wondering... is there a proper way to deep condition natural hair? Is there an order-- should I co-wash then deep condish? wet my hair, deep condish, then cowash? shampoo then deep condish?

I'm newly natural (about 2 months) and everything I try is not working. I'm becoming a lil discouraged. I've deep conditioned like twice before and gotten no results. I've just brought a new deep condish (that was on sale or I would not have gotten it; plus, the ingredients dont look too bad... i think) and I am hoping a praying for it to work... but first, I need to know that I am applying it correctly.

Also, since I've been doing wash n go's mostly, i was wondering if there is a way to seal the ends or retain moisture when doing wash n go's?
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

How to: Deep Condition Empty Re: How to: Deep Condition

Post by HappyCurly 24th May 2010, 8:33 pm

i've tried deep conditioning after and before co wash, i don't know which is better, just wanted to say i empathize with trying it all.

as far as what to use for deep condish: i tried t joe's tea tree tingle for deep condish, i don't like it for that now. realized it's better for regular condish.

i was happiest when i used olive oil for deep condish before washing hair. i soaked hair with water, then soaked with olive oil. then plastic cap + towel for half a day. then wash, i didn't condition after that, but i should have. i think i jsut washed and sealed wth oil. hari was very soft, softer tahn ever, i was actually scared i had hurt my hair.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th May 2010, 8:38 pm

PiJay,

What are you deep conditioning with? I recently purchased SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque and loved the results. It cost about $9.99 at Target.

Here's when and how I use it...I shampoo and condition in the shower....rinse....apply the deep treatment to wet hair, put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes. I rinse it out, moisturize and style my hair.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 24th May 2010, 9:00 pm

Thanks for the tips!

I just bought Burt's Bees Hair Repair Shea and Grapefruit Deep Conditioner. It looked healthy and attractive and was on sale! Also, I am limited to products that are in general merchandise stores because we dont have specialty hair stores with healthy hair products like Ulta, Whole Foods, or even Sally's. The only hair stores we have are the corner hair stores that sale 99 cent weaves and pink oil lotion. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] They generally dont have the best or broadest selection.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 25th May 2010, 8:45 am

Sometimes I add oils and molasses to regular conditioner. Leave on for 20-30 minutes with a plastic cap. Makes for very soft hair.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 25th May 2010, 9:09 am

labon10 wrote:Sometimes I add oils and molasses to regular conditioner. Leave on for 20-30 minutes with a plastic cap. Makes for very soft hair.

Molasses? That's a new one-- at least for me. What's molasses supposed to do? I can't stand the smell of it, but if it will help my hair, then hey. . . LOL

ETA: Okay, so I posted about it on FB and someone said they heard it was used in the Caramel treatments. OH, so that's what caramel treatments are. . . looked up a vid on YouTube, sounds interesting. Apparently you can buy some pre-made?

Last edited by Muz on 25th May 2010, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new info)
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th May 2010, 1:41 pm

I pretty much do what Lynnie does except for the under the dryer part. I hate sitting under the dryer so I put a towel over my plastic cap and then put on a winter hat to trap the heat from my head. It works for me and I get to walk around and do stuff as I DC.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 25th May 2010, 7:55 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:PiJay,

What are you deep conditioning with? I recently purchased SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque and loved the results. It cost about $9.99 at Target.

Here's when and how I use it...I shampoo and condition in the shower....rinse....apply the deep treatment to wet hair, put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes. I rinse it out, moisturize and style my hair.

I hope this helps.

hey lynnie---- what are the ingredients of this DC?
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 8:05 pm

SheaMoisture
Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

Deionized
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argan Oil, Cetyl Esters, Sea
Kelp Extract, Pathenol (Vitamin B-5), Ammonium Salt, Essential Oil
Blend, Avocado Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and)
Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol
(Vitamin E), Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage)
Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Soybean Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa
(Carrot) Seed Oil.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 16th June 2010, 11:56 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:SheaMoisture
Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

Deionized
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argan Oil, Cetyl Esters, Sea
Kelp Extract, Pathenol (Vitamin B-5), Ammonium Salt, Essential Oil
Blend, Avocado Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and)
Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol
(Vitamin E), Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage)
Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Soybean Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa
(Carrot) Seed Oil.

Thanks for posting this. I am in search of a new deep conditioner...since Elasta QP DPR-11 formula changed.

Lovely
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down