CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Product for Deep Condition

+2
CrissyQ
Delta87
6 posters

Go down

Need Product for Deep Condition Empty Need Product for Deep Condition

Post by Delta87 25th May 2010, 11:56 am

I have a 3in TWA when stretched. I really need a good deep conditioner. Despite all of the great reviews Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose does not condition my hair. I tried it on wet and dry hair and mixed with castor oil and it does nothing. I am thinking of returning it this weekend. Any suggestions? I have Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner that I use as a leave in and my hair loves it. I also have Knot Today & Kinky Curly Curling Custard (have not figured out the right amount to use. My hair does not appear to like Giovanni Products or Castor Oil either. Jojoba oil works well. I have 4a hair. Any product suggestions?

Thanks
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Need Product for Deep Condition Empty Re: Need Product for Deep Condition

Post by CrissyQ 25th May 2010, 12:17 pm

AWWWW, I was going to suggest AO white camellia. I love it as a deep conditioner and as a leave in. O well, I would love to see what others use. I am a newbie too and I just started DC. I will be back.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 1:51 pm

EVOO and EVCO are good together. My favorite is Darcy's Botanicals deep conditioning mask. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] this stuff.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 1:58 pm

I also like the EVCO and EVOO combo!!! I recently purchase SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque from Target for $9.99....loves it!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 26th May 2010, 12:13 am

Hey Lynnieluve, I wanted to ask you about conditioner. I remember you mentioned that your hair does not like proteins. I don't think my hair likes it either. I have AO, Giovanni, aveeno and EO conditioners and they all have proteins in them. What condtioners do you use? I also need a good leave in conditioner, something I can buy at the store. I know that you are a PJ so I know you have a lot of good information. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My hair actually loved the Henna. Do you Henna?
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th May 2010, 12:27 am

@ BattleKat - Roxie (my hair) does not like a lot of proteins. If it is a the bottom of the ingredient list, she does ok. I use Giovanni Direct Leave In conditioner. And no I do not henna. I have a pack of cassia I have been saying I am gonna use for the last 2 months but have yet to use it.

If I use proteins and rinse them out, then I am okay. Once I call myself pre pooing overnight with ORS Replenishing Conditioner (the one that comes in the pack), I woke up with dry, brittle straw like hair. If I deep condition with it for about 30 minutes, then I will be fine.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 26th May 2010, 12:35 am

I like Lutrasilks Aloe Vera Cholesterol, ORS Replenshing Pak, and the Elasta QP Intense conditioner.
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 26th May 2010, 10:25 am

I need to read my ingredient list better. Do Giovanni and AOHSR have proteins in them? My hair definitely does not like either one of those products. I am going to return the AOHSR to Whole foods this weekend. What would you guys recommend buying? I am also going to try the SheaMoisture at target you recommended LynnieLuve. I used the Knot today and Curling Custard again last night and refreshed this morning with water mixed with Knot Today I like my hair today. Yesterday I had a twist out and it was a disaster, very dry, like a birds nest Smile The only thing I know for sure my hair likes is water and I think honey(Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner). I am not sure about oils I purchased castor oil from whole foods last week and I don't think it does anything for my hair, neither does conconut oil Sad
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down