CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally I have pictures of my hair :D

+6
jenerett
Kea::curls
rayray19
MsJay1121
Fleur
meepmeep1101
10 posters

Go down

Finally I have pictures of my hair :D Empty Finally I have pictures of my hair :D

Post by meepmeep1101 4th November 2010, 11:07 pm

My hair is weird. I only have two inches of new growth but my new growth feels and looks just like these pictures. I'm guessing perms never held in my hair well? I already had cut off about 2 inches of perm, but I got about 4 left.

So this is my hair after washed and conditioned. Even after I detangle it, if I fluff it around, it looks like this again. I am posting pics because I still wonder about my hair type. lol. My hair is not not really curly, but its crinkly and wavy-ish.

What do you think?
(I'm not pulling my hair, i'm just holding it. lol)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Finally I have pictures of my hair :D Empty Re: Finally I have pictures of my hair :D

Post by Fleur 4th November 2010, 11:54 pm

Looking good but you won't know your "hair type" until you're completely rid of all relaxed ends. Try not to invest too much stock in hair typing because all those letters/numbers don't help too much when you are figuring out what your hair likes. My hair is similar to a few other ladies on these boards, but I can not use some of the products they're using. That being said, congrats on moving forward on your hair journey! I really want to see the final result. Very Happy

ETA: my new hair was much looser when I was transitioning, but I knew that it wasn't going to be that way because my relaxed ends were weighing down the new hair.

Last edited by fleur_nouvelle on 5th November 2010, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Finally I have pictures of my hair :D Empty Re: Finally I have pictures of my hair :D

Post by meepmeep1101 4th November 2010, 11:58 pm

I don't want to know for the sake of products. I know it doesn't help. I just want to know for myself. Its fascinating.
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th November 2010, 12:03 am

Oh ok. You still won't know until all the relaxed hair is gone. Good luck.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 5th November 2010, 12:05 am

I like how you're telling me about my hair. did you not read what I wrote?
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th November 2010, 12:15 am

Wow, no need to be rude. I wouldn't of responded to your post f I didn't read it! Correct me where I went wrong: you asked about your hair type with relaxed
ends and I CORDIALLY gave you the same advice that many of the ladies here would have given you--you can not tell your hair type until the relaxed
ends are gone. My comprehension and literacy skills are just fine. I'm done.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 5th November 2010, 12:17 am

you didnt read what i wrote. watever. i am so done with this forum
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 5th November 2010, 12:17 am

fleur_nouvelle wrote:Oh ok. You still won't know until all the relaxed hair is gone. Good luck.
and is that not rude?
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th November 2010, 12:31 am

I read what you wrote just fine. I was not expecting that reaction considering that everyone here is really supportive. Look, I am so proud that you decided to embark on a relaxer/free journey. When I said "congrats", I really meant that. It's a brave and scary step to take for a lot of women. That being said, I joined this place to find a support system. I've learned a lot and have used a lot of info from these wonderful ladies. If you felt that you were misunderstood, then all you had to do was clarify and it would've been all good. I would of apologized for the pragmatic misunderstanding and continued to help you the best I knew how. I hope you don't leave the board over something so trivial. It's all good.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 5th November 2010, 12:35 am

I'm just saying that I wrote that my texture of my new growth and most, not all of the rest of my hair is the same. Even though it has been permed, its not? I been perming my hair since i was 3, so I know how my hair is when it is permed. And its not like that.

(I really don't need a support system, I just like talking and leanring new things)
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th November 2010, 12:38 am

meepmeep1101 wrote:
fleur_nouvelle wrote:Oh ok. You still won't know until all the relaxed hair is gone. Good luck.
and is that not rude?

Honestly? No. I don't know why you even thought that at all. I guess that's why I was so confused. Obviously there was a miscommunication somewhere. If you felt somehow insulted you, then that was not my intention. Good luck on your journey.

Last edited by fleur_nouvelle on 5th November 2010, 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification of thought)
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 5th November 2010, 12:54 am

I'm with Fleur... I'd hate to guess what it may be only for your texture to be different when all your relaxed ends are gone, as that tends to happen with many. Do you have any pics from when you were little? That may give you an idea!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 5th November 2010, 1:10 am

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I'm with Fleur... I'd hate to guess what it may be only for your texture to be different when all your relaxed ends are gone, as that tends to happen with many. Do you have any pics from when you were little? That may give you an idea!!

I do...lol...they are funny Very Happy
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th November 2010, 2:23 am

well judging by your baby pics i would predict your hair is going to my in the 4 family..but like fleur said u really will not know until u do the big chop..the relax ends are adding weight to your new growth..which makes it kind of hard to see your hair type

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 5th November 2010, 6:46 pm

i agree with everyone above, its very hard to tell your actual texture till you chop, because the hair lays differently. when i was "transitioning" my hair appeared to lay down, but it definitely doesn't anymore! lol. and that's something i just know about my hair Smile Those relaxed ends were laying down & the weight was pulling my hair in a downward direction too... I had an idea from baby pictures that my hair was a mixture of wavy and curly, but my hair was a lot more fine back then, so again...another surprise afro

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 5th November 2010, 7:54 pm

I like you guys are telling me stuff I didn't ask for. but thanks?
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th November 2010, 8:34 pm

honey well please tell me what is your question???
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 6th November 2010, 2:28 am

Meepmeep it seems that you are lashing out because you don't like the answers you are getting. Do you want someone to tell you your hair is 3b or 3c? Obviously the ladies didn't feel comfortable saying that because from the pictures you showed the curl pattern isn't visible. You can use your own common sense and know that your hair will be similar to or slightly more tightly coiled than your baby pictures. For example, no one is naturally a 4a when they are a baby and when they are a adult their hair type naturally changes to a 3b. Our hair type is in our genetics. But it gets changed by chemicals or excessive use of heat.

All that to say. From the picture you showed we don't know what your hair type is. Good luck.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 6th November 2010, 11:59 am

meepmeep1101 wrote:My hair is weird. I only have two inches of new growth but my new growth feels and looks just like these pictures. I'm guessing perms never held in my hair well? I already had cut off about 2 inches of perm, but I got about 4 left.

So this is my hair after washed and conditioned. Even after I detangle it, if I fluff it around, it looks like this again. I am posting pics because I still wonder about my hair type. lol. My hair is not not really curly, but its crinkly and wavy-ish.

What do you think?
(I'm not pulling my hair, i'm just holding it. lol)

Are you asking what we think your hair type is or why your hair looks crinkly/wavy?
Because if you're holding it, that's a lot of hair for 2 inches so maybe some of that hair is still relaxed and your natural hair is a little closer to your scalp.
Free2BMe :)
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 6th November 2010, 12:08 pm

You ladies are so sweet to keep trying to help this woman when she is lashing out the way she is. I love it, and this is why I visit this forum several times a day, because you all are always so very helpful!
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 1:10 pm

I was nice 2 days ago. After we tried to make help and still got attitude? Hell. To. The. Naw. Maybe someone else can help.

Last edited by fleur_nouvelle on 6th November 2010, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I went off too much and had to delete)
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Finally I have pictures of my hair :D Empty i think ur question has been answered!!

Post by DeltaAce2006 6th November 2010, 4:49 pm

meepmeep1101 wrote:My hair is weird. I only have two inches of new growth but my new growth feels and looks just like these pictures. I'm guessing perms never held in my hair well? I already had cut off about 2 inches of perm, but I got about 4 left.

What do you think?(I'm not pulling my hair, i'm just holding it. lol)

was this not ur question??? about what do we think your hair type is??? i think the ladies in here have answered it. you won't know until you have cut off your new growth. The hair you're holding in those pics appear to mostly be your relaxed hair that's not been dried or straightened. maybe you should ask this question after you BC....or re-word your question to say what you mean, and mean what you say Wink Rolling Eyes
DeltaAce2006
DeltaAce2006

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 6th November 2010, 5:46 pm

Its impossible to tell from those pictures what your hair type is. The pictures aren't really clear enough. You should go see a trichologist.....or some other type of ologist.......

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down