CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church

+17
newday
BlakButterfli
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
NikG20
Peachtree
poeticlyspkng
Roschelle
NaturalNixon
TheRYL1
tiashaunteé
sweetty_me99
Lynnieluve
MochaSoul
Daretobecurly
Curly_Aquarius
ftiffrenee
21 posters

Go down

FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church Empty FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church

Post by ftiffrenee 26th April 2010, 12:32 pm

Ladies,

Many of you know that I have had some reservations about wearing my hair out in church. Being married to a Minister in a baptist church there is a certain "look" that goes along with.. for instance long dresses, head covered, sleek hair loose or tied in a bun...not saying that there is anything wrong with that.. It's just not me, and I have to be who God called me to be, so HERE I AM!!!! It felt AMAZING!!! Received a ton of compliments too.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church Empty Re: FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church

Post by Curly_Aquarius 26th April 2010, 12:42 pm

You look Fab! I would be happy to have you for my first lady!!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church Empty Re: FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church

Post by Daretobecurly 26th April 2010, 12:43 pm

You look really nice.
Daretobecurly
Daretobecurly

http://www.chicrings.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 26th April 2010, 12:43 pm

you looked amazing!!! Can't wait to see my hair like that!!!
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th April 2010, 12:45 pm

Your twist out look fabulous!!! I'm glad you wore your hair out to church.....dont be surprise if people start asking you for advice.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetty_me99 26th April 2010, 12:47 pm

Hi....I did my bc Oct 29, 2009 and was wearing crochet braids/hair and wigs before and after then. Last Sunday was the first time I went to church since having my second son and I wore my hair out for the first time I was a lil nervous and first then I said it's mine and u don't have to like it. I wore it out this Sunday and felt better about myself and I got a few compliments!!! Your hair is really Cute too...

sweetty_me99

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th April 2010, 12:49 pm

Your hair looks great!!! Wearing your hair out shows that you are okay with and appreciate the way God made you and you recognize that He does not make mistakes.

Nevermind what people say because they DON'T have a heaven or a hell to put you in.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th April 2010, 1:12 pm

Your hair is beautiful! You should feel no doubts at all about wearing it out...it looks good! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 26th April 2010, 2:25 pm

Gone first lady!!

I agree with Tia. You look great and the people in the church does not have the final say so!

Work it!!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

FINALLY...Wore my hair out to church Empty I'm on the same page with you....

Post by Roschelle 26th April 2010, 2:38 pm

I definitely understand where you are coming from Ftiffrenee....my hubby is an Elder in our church and when we first moved to the area and joined our current church, I was transitioning with wigs and braids. After I transitioned enough and went with the BC, I started wearing it out and so many people were giving me good feedback..the First Lady (Pastor's wife) at our church just says, "be you, it suits you, don't change it to please anyone but yourself..." After she told me that, I attend church, district meetings, convocations and whatever else rockin' my fro :-) and if they're lucky I'll throw in some jeweled clip....lol

Roschelle

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th April 2010, 2:57 pm

I think your hair looks fabulous. Interesting that being Baptist (or any other denomination), a preacher's wife etc can impact feelings about the hair that God gave you, isn't it?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 26th April 2010, 3:25 pm

Roschelle wrote:I definitely understand where you are coming from Ftiffrenee....my hubby is an Elder in our church and when we first moved to the area and joined our current church, I was transitioning with wigs and braids. After I transitioned enough and went with the BC, I started wearing it out and so many people were giving me good feedback..the First Lady (Pastor's wife) at our church just says, "be you, it suits you, don't change it to please anyone but yourself..." After she told me that, I attend church, district meetings, convocations and whatever else rockin' my fro :-) and if they're lucky I'll throw in some jeweled clip....lol

Yes, if they are lucky....I rocks me some hair candy!!!! I know I play tooooooooooooo much!!!!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 26th April 2010, 3:26 pm

Thanks ladies for all the kind compliments!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th April 2010, 3:40 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist out look fabulous!!! I'm glad you wore your hair out to church.....dont be surprise if people start asking you for advice.

My thoughts exactly!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 26th April 2010, 8:36 pm

Omg, gorgeous!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th April 2010, 9:14 pm

Congrats on wearing your hair out at church. It's what God gave you so there should be no shame right....good for you. Funny you mention being first lady, I don't think I've ever seen a natural hair first lady. I know a pastor's wife who wears braids and wants to be natural but he doesn't like it. I think it's cool though....says alot about who the person is IMO. Free to be who they TRULY are.

Looks good btw.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 26th April 2010, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 11:00 pm

You looked AWESOME at church! And I LOVE that veil!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 27th April 2010, 12:56 am

You looked awesome! Girl, if my hair would do that, I would have BEEN rocking the natural. Hope your hubby was able to focus on he sermon. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 27th April 2010, 10:07 am

You look gorgeous!!
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 27th April 2010, 11:05 am

You look beautiful!
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 27th April 2010, 11:07 am

You look confident and fabulous.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 27th April 2010, 12:33 pm

Your hair looks wonderful. I am doing my BC in May. Your hair makes me want to do it tomorrow Smile
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by novembre 27th April 2010, 9:33 pm

you look fabulous...i love your twist out...feel free to express yourself naturally... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
novembre
novembre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down