CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washing your hair with twist in

5 posters

Go down

Washing your hair with twist in Empty Washing your hair with twist in

Post by Brainiac 2nd November 2010, 8:08 pm

Hi,

Over the weekend I finally found the phenomenon of kimmaytube. I just love how her videos or so explaintory. And her growth is amazing in only short period of time, and her hair journey is inspiring. Because it made me realize I wasn't alone when my hair wasn't growing. How she stressed about see through ENDS and always cutting them off. Because I'm always trimming my ends. I can only hope I can achieve the growth she gets at 1.5 inches in 3 months. I think I'll definitely be washing my hair in the shower for now on. I've always been washing my hair over the kitchen sink.

Question: Does any one only just wash their hair while in shower or does anyone do both?

So on saturday I did another henna treament, then left my conditioner in my hair for 30 minutes. After I rinsed I decided to do something different and do small two strand twist. I decided to them because I remember like 3 years ago I did plaits (small braids) in my hair and I think I got good growth then. Anyway, It took me about 2 1/2 hours but it didn't seem that long since I was watching those Halloween movies. lol

So I think going to leave them in for a month and see how my hair goes. That way I won't have to do anything to it.

However, I saw where Kim Love expresses how you should wash your at least once a week to remove build up from the hair, which I already do, but I wasn't planing on do it for at least two weeks with the twist still my hair.

I have washed my hair in the past with plaits and braids still in and just redo them after washing my hair. But I wasn't expecting to spend 2 1/2 hours to redo my twist every week. I'm really simple and want to be quick when comes to my hair. Like I want to be done with hour or so of a style after washing and conditioning my hair. That's probably why haven't seen any growth in months.

So any help here? To keep my hair clean and not have frizz from washing them.

I have also been doing scalp massages 2x a day since I did them and I simply just been spritzing my hair with water and seal my ends with shea butter or coconut oil.

I will definitely try to purchase Knot Today in the future, because I never heard of it. I don't have a close Target near me. So I do most of my hair shopping online.

BTW: I will also definitely purchase a denam brush real soon. I had always thought your not suppose to brush your hair while its wet. So can anyone recommend a good deman brush I can get at Walmart or Sally's?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Washing your hair with twist in Empty Re: Washing your hair with twist in

Post by naturallychelsea 2nd November 2010, 9:17 pm

Well you could try washing only the scalp by mixing some shampoo with water and pouring it onto your scalp and simply rubbing in between the parts. The second more tedious method is putting shampoo on a cloth and rubbing between the parts.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 2nd November 2010, 10:54 pm

I tried washing with twists and then letting them dry and wearing them a second week and it was a disaster. They were a fuzzy mess and when I tried to undo them it to a really long time.

I'm like you I don't like to spend alot of time on my hair weekly, so I find that braids work better for me. I do them, and wash and condition once a week with them and for some reason they don't get as fuzzy and I've been able to get 4 weeks out of them. And I wash in the shower not over the sink.

braids week 1:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

braids week 3:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hope I answered your question. At least partly anyways Smile
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 3rd November 2010, 9:58 am

Thanks kinksncurl, I'll see how me washing my hair with twist in goes. I'm probably going to have to redo them after I get out of the shower, I remember thats what I did with braids.

Darn now I have to spend at least an hour or so to redo them, hopefully it won't take long since I'm just redoing them.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 3rd November 2010, 1:57 pm

Brainiac wrote:
I think I'll definitely be washing my hair in the shower for now on. I've always been washing my hair over the kitchen sink.

Question: Does any one only just wash their hair while in shower or does anyone do both?

I wash (shampoo/condition) in the shower and cowash over the sink (b/c I usually do that at night). What's the reason for not doing that? Is it damaging? I haven't really noticed a difference, but I've never really thought about it.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 3rd November 2010, 2:19 pm

Kinksncurls you answered my question from the 3m challenge thread. I was wondering about deep conditioning my hair while in box braids. I'll be trying that this week and see if I can salvage these braids another week. Thanks!
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down