CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co washing your hair with conditioner

3 posters

Go down

Co washing your hair with conditioner Empty Co washing your hair with conditioner

Post by Emartini04 11th October 2010, 6:40 pm

Hello ladies. I have a mixture of 3a/3b/3c curls and wanted to know how often should I co wash my hair throughout the week? My hair is very dry so will doing this often make it worse? afro
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Co washing your hair with conditioner Empty Re: Co washing your hair with conditioner

Post by C. 11th October 2010, 7:01 pm

I dont know very much about cowashing, but I dont believe co-washing on a daily basis or multiple times per week would worsen your hair. If anything it might help since you are adding moisture, not stripping it away with harsh shampoos

C.

Back to top Go down

Co washing your hair with conditioner Empty Re: Co washing your hair with conditioner

Post by jlowman1 11th October 2010, 7:07 pm

Cowashing daily will not harm your hair. I did it when I first BC'd and it didnt do anything to my hair. I did it because I could get "fresher" curls from cowashing than I could with just using a spray bottle. The only thing was walking out the door with a wet head during the colder months gave me the sniffles quite often. Very Happy

Question: Did you recently BC?

If so and you still have dryness, do a deep conditioning treatment. The weather is getting cooler so a heavier moisturizer should help as well. My personal favorites are Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer, Qhemet Biologics Amla/Olive Heavy Cream and Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream.

Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down