CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washing hair while in twist???

5 posters

Go down

Washing hair while in twist??? Empty Washing hair while in twist???

Post by lexibugg004 4th March 2010, 3:06 am

okay i am going to wear my hair in twist for a few weeks. it will be far easier for me to do them while my hair is dry, but i really need to wash it, it is craving moisture!!! so i thought i could do the twist then wash it. i know some do this, but i was wondering if anyone experienced locking or excessive tangling from washing your twist???? even if i decide to wash before twisting i cant go weeks without washing it again, and i don't want a tangled, matted,locking(nothing wrong with locs when done intentionally) mess!!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Washing hair while in twist??? Empty Re: Washing hair while in twist???

Post by truet 4th March 2010, 3:19 am

when i have my hair in twist i wear them up to a month an i usually co-wash every week or so depending on how my hair feels. I foucs on the scalp only and let the water go down on my twist and i have less tangels when i use conditioner instead of reg. shampoo
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 4th March 2010, 5:01 am

oh thank you, thank you darlin'!!! i don't really use shampoo, but focusing on the scalp sounds like a good idea. i planed to leave them in for four weeks and chop the remaining perm when i remove them. i just don't want my hair to dry out, and the ends start breaking. that would kind of defeat the purpose, hahahaha!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th March 2010, 2:48 pm

What I've done and heard others do is put some shampoo or conditioner and water in a spray bottle and spray it on the scalp. That makes it easier to not disturb the twists.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th March 2010, 3:05 pm

I did it. I banded my hair to help with elongation. I co-washed in sink as I typically do. My hair did not frizz or shrink. There are pictures in my BnB Challenge thread. Wish I could tell you which page [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Hope you the best.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th March 2010, 5:49 pm

I also co-washed my hair in twists and they stayed in tact, no tangles!! They shrunk up A LOT but I liked it so I didn't mind. I'm not sure how your hair will react to your twists getting wet cuz I have heard some people say it made their hair tangle. But it definitely can work so I hope it works for you!! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down