CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

winter hair advice

5 posters

Go down

winter hair advice Empty winter hair advice

Post by naybesa 29th October 2010, 1:37 am

LAWD im not saying that my hair is ashy dry but i AM saying that its sure not like it was when it was warm out. i live in the northwest and baby i must say it gets pretty nippy out here and my newly natural hair does not like it one bit. im thinking of cutting out wash and goes all together unless its a special day and keeping my hair in twist outs, but at the same time my hair is still kind of dry. should i condition more then i did in the summer or should i just add more moisture to my hair???
naybesa
naybesa

https://www.youtube.com/NayBesa

Back to top Go down

winter hair advice Empty Re: winter hair advice

Post by Curlock Holmes 29th October 2010, 3:17 am

If your hair is feeling drier, then DEFINITELY boost your deep conditioning up, and unless it's humid near you, try to limit products with glycerine in them-- they will suck the moisture out of your hair if they can't get moisture from the air.

Also, what do you use to seal your hair? If you're normally using lighter oils, try heavier ones now that it's cooler. My hair loves castor oil, but there's also shea/coco/mango butter, olive oil, etc.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by RebekahR 29th October 2010, 4:37 am

Mine was getting super dry, its around 6-7 here at the moment

Am using a water based moisturiser sealing with grapeseed oil & castor oil before bed. Everyday! Hair is spot on now, not dry at all

Also started baggying a few nights a week which helped too Smile
RebekahR
RebekahR

Back to top Go down

Post by naybesa 29th October 2010, 4:22 pm

i use coconut oil, jojo oil, and walnut oil because my hair dont like heavy ones like olive oil. althought i have been thinking about trying a tiny bit of castor oil

CurlyDee wrote:If your hair is feeling drier, then DEFINITELY boost your deep conditioning up, and unless it's humid near you, try to limit products with glycerine in them-- they will suck the moisture out of your hair if they can't get moisture from the air.

Also, what do you use to seal your hair? If you're normally using lighter oils, try heavier ones now that it's cooler. My hair loves castor oil, but there's also shea/coco/mango butter, olive oil, etc.
naybesa
naybesa

https://www.youtube.com/NayBesa

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 30th October 2010, 1:01 pm

girl i know how u feel. im having the same damn problem!!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 30th October 2010, 8:58 pm

I read somewhere that castor oil is an humectant so you may want to stay away from that in the winter if your hair is dry. I too have started doing the baggy method to add moisture. CN did a post some time ago that linked to a list of humectants and proteins. Do a search for that and see if it helps with your situation.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down