CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with winter drying and daughter's hair

4 posters

Go down

Help with winter drying and daughter's hair Empty Help with winter drying and daughter's hair

Post by Silky Soul 23rd October 2009, 7:34 pm

I am new to these forums & still trying to find my way around my new journey into hair freedom. I am transitioning - around 8 months now. Please tell me if you have any shortcut to drying your hair faster without heat usage. It takes my hair approx. a day and a half to dry completely. With two children, husband, dog, etcetera, I just don't have that kind of time. Plus, it is getting cold. I just learned today that I am a 3b/3c and not a 3b/4a like I thought. I deep conditioned today and applied surya henna for color.

Also, I have a 4 year old (going on 40) daughter that is a 3c super curly dry hair that won't show shine unless I follow her around with a water bottle and oil. I tried cantu shea butter leave in moisturizing conditioner, olive oil with spray of vegetable glycerin and water mixture. It turned out soooooo soft!!!! It was shiny when she left for Mom's Morning Out. It was still semi shiny and still extra soft when she returned 4.5 hours later. I'm trying the water mixture, cantu, and shea butter tonight. I braid her hair in a couple of plaits and off to bed she goes on her satin pillows. Any suggestions? I am in love with the cantu!!!! I have tried KCCC, Eco w/olive oil, and Mixed Chicks on her hair. They all did well but the shine did not last.

Also, I am still working on my regimen. I am a PJ queen. I just came back in today with three bag full of products from 3 different stores on different sides of two towns. Yes, I need help!!!!!!! The first step is to admit the problem. Suggestions/Comments? Thanks in advance.
Silky Soul
Silky Soul

Back to top Go down

Help with winter drying and daughter's hair Empty Re: Help with winter drying and daughter's hair

Post by naturaltresses1211 24th October 2009, 3:13 am

Hey Silky Soul,

Regarding your hair try a light spritz of your glycerin spray to awaken your curls so it won't be saturated. You can also try a two strand twist at nights so that you're untwisting and fingering in the morning as opposed to wetting. There are a variety of hair styles that don't require water in the morning. I would recommend you check some of the hairstyles that Nikki has under her routine section.

As for the shine on your daughter's hair, maybe your expectations are a little high. If it's soft and healthy that's what's most important. With your regimen, that will always vary according to the new products you add to your arsenal. I just came back from a natural hair sistah's outing where we went to see Chris Rock's movie Good Hair, and one of the points he made was that in every sistah's bathroom cabinet are at least 20-30 hair care products that have been purchased and tried out. I had to laugh because it's pretty true!

I wish you the best in your quest!

Peace & Blessings,

Pam
naturaltresses1211
naturaltresses1211

http://www.theperfectnegative.com

Back to top Go down

Help with winter drying and daughter's hair Empty Re: Help with winter drying and daughter's hair

Post by herlucidsKy 24th October 2009, 10:27 am

Hi silky soul, as far as your daughter's hair, it depends on your regimen and products that you are using on her hair as someone mentioned above. I noticed that after a while my hair would get pretty dull after using product with cones. Cones cause buildup on my hair so maybe you can check out the ingredients in the products and do some experimenting. Also, coconut oil gives lots of shine! My mom always said to eat lots of veggies especially spinach because it makes your hair shiny..she was right!
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 2:18 pm

Hi I suggest drying your hair with an old tshirt. When I dry my hair with a tshirt it dries much faster bcuz the shirt soaks up all the water. I even put my hair in a few braids and squeeze with the tshirt then plop it over my head to soak up even more water.

As for your daughters hair...some hair esp curly does not get as shiny as it does sheeny lol...meaning some hair has a sheen to it but it wont get that super glossy shine...
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down