CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair?

+8
TheRYL1
ElleX
Karyn
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
Lynnieluve
HappyCurly
Nessa101
Muz
12 posters

Go down

What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair? Empty What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair?

Post by Muz 3rd June 2010, 6:53 pm

We are always giving each other advice here (which is why I love this place so much), so I was wondering, what's the best advice you've ever gotten regarding your hair?

And what's the best advice you didn't get regarding your hair, but you figured out on your own?
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair? Empty Re: What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair?

Post by Nessa101 3rd June 2010, 7:01 pm

I'd say the best advice i've gotten on here would be moisturizing and not using pomades. The pomades I had contained petroleum jelly and I never knew it clogged your pores. Also I didn't know how to tell that a moisturizer was water based until I came on here and learned that water is usually listed as the first ingredient. The best thing i've learned for my hair that I figured out on my own was that it hates braids. Whenever I would get it braided and spent 6hours or more in that darn chair I always thought it would help my hair grow because of low manipulation, but my hair hates getting braided. When I unbraid it chunks of hair come out so now I just twist it.

Sorry it's so long!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair? Empty Re: What is the Best Advice You've Ever Gotten When It Comes To Your Hair?

Post by HappyCurly 3rd June 2010, 7:35 pm

best advice: GO natural!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 7:43 pm

Keep it Simple!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg 3rd June 2010, 7:45 pm

fuck my tiny little balls i am a voilent sack!
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 3rd June 2010, 7:46 pm

Protective Style!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg 3rd June 2010, 7:49 pm

shake that shit of your in my mouth!
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleX 3rd June 2010, 7:49 pm

Best advice: Read the labels...stay away for SLS...Read the Curly Girl method

What I learned on my own: I can do my hair just as well as a stylist. What I eat does affect my skin/scalp.

I am constantly learning here on CurlyNikki. Thanks, Ladies!!!!
ElleX
ElleX

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg 3rd June 2010, 7:50 pm

ElleX wrote:Best advice: Read the labels...stay away for SLS...Read the Curly Girl method

What I learned on my own: I can do my hair just as well as a stylist. What I eat does affect my skin/scalp.

I am constantly learning here on CurlyNikki. Thanks, Ladies!!!!

Shut up shithead!
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd June 2010, 7:51 pm

Ummm, how do you flag posts as inappropriate on this forum?

I think mine was wash & DC every week and don't use shampoos with sulfates
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg 3rd June 2010, 7:53 pm

Muz wrote: Ummm, how do you flag posts as inappropriate on this forum?

I think mine was wash & DC every week and don't use shampoos with sulfates
your gay dick shopper bring on the sexy men!
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd June 2010, 8:00 pm

You know it's sad when PEOPLE are evidently NOT wanted in their own habitat and then want to come where they KNOW THEY DO NOT FIT and be stupid!

But this is a good thing ladies...it shows us just how blessed we are, especially today when so many of us are experiencing something...a fool like this let's you know: YOU ARE ALRIGHT! :-)

To the ignorant newcomer: why don't you chip in some hair growth information, you obviously got the scoop with the long beard and all! Why don't you be useful! LMAO
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevynnew 3rd June 2010, 8:53 pm

say that THeRYL1!!!!!! excuse you sir but why would you come on here and act this way? are you angry? i will definately keep you and whatever you are going through in my prayers God bless you, thebigboy.

best advice: just chop already!
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 3rd June 2010, 8:56 pm

Best advice? Keep It Simple Stupid. Looking back, I was doing WAY too much to my hair at once and it screamed mutiny in January by being dry, frizzy as all hell and flat out unresponsive. Since the second chop in February, I changed up my entire routine to be the bare basics (wash, condition, moisturize and seal) and my hair is loving it and the growth is ridiculous. K.I.S.S. definitely works!!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevynnew 3rd June 2010, 8:58 pm

um what is K.I.S.S.?
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 3rd June 2010, 9:04 pm

kevynnew wrote:um what is K.I.S.S.?

K.I.S.S. is Keep, It, Simple, Stupid/Sister. It's about making your hair routine as simple as possible. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevynnew 3rd June 2010, 9:06 pm

lol i like it
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 3rd June 2010, 10:00 pm

Best Advice = "water will be your friend"!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by vovowiththafro 3rd June 2010, 10:05 pm

use heat sparingly. I relied on the blow dryer too much, drying my hair at the highest setting, and not using a heat protectant. Best advice ever.
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down