CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Hair In Illinois

4 posters

Go down

Winter Hair In Illinois Empty Winter Hair In Illinois

Post by allnblack 27th December 2009, 3:10 pm

I live in Illinois and this weather is really wreaking havoc on my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've been totally natural for abt 2 years now, but this is the first winter that I was unable to wear my hair in a bun. It just will not do it anymore, so I let it do it's own thing. I stick to a pretty basic routine: no shampoo ever, cowash with HE Hello Hydration, use HE HH, or HE None of Your Frizness as a leave in and pure Shea Butter for moisture. I do deep condition with EVOO, once a week. My hair was beautiful over the summer, but now it looks like a big, puffy cottonball. Ladies, PLEASE HELP and tell me what I can do differently for this winter hair. I am strongly considering getting braids until the weather breaks.
allnblack
allnblack

Back to top Go down

Winter Hair In Illinois Empty Re: Winter Hair In Illinois

Post by LilMsPuddles 27th December 2009, 11:19 pm

What are you putting on your head when you go out?
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by allnblack 28th December 2009, 12:07 am

I will place a scarf on top of my head if it's snowing or really cold when I'm walking. But usually that's only to and from my car. And once I reach my destination, it immediately comes off. And I've probably only done it a total of 5 times this season.
allnblack
allnblack

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 28th December 2009, 2:39 am

I FEEL U!! I LIVE IN CHICAGO AND AS FAR AS TRYING TO KEEP MY HAIR UP IT HAS BEEN A CHALLENGE, BUT WHAT I DO IS KEEP IT TWISTED FOR PART OF THE WEEK, THAT WAY ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SCRAF AND HAT IT. When I wear a twist out I usually wear a beanie or a hat but leave some hair out in the front or when I take mt hat off , finger pick out the twist so they look somewhat picture ready! Very Happy
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by chi-town coils 29th December 2009, 12:23 pm

I live in Chicago and this is my first winter with loose hair (I was locked for about 7 years) and I've been wearing microtwists as protective style. I moisturize my ends everyday and I deep condition weekly, and so far this seems to be working. From what I gather from various natural hair forums, a protective style like twists and/or braids might be the way to go for winter.

chi-town coils

Back to top Go down

Post by allnblack 2nd January 2010, 10:12 pm

thank you ladies, it seems as if twists and staying diligent with deep conditioning is the way to go. i will also be experimenting with other styles over the winter, so that this won't be a problem again.
allnblack
allnblack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down