CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many naturals in your life?

+25
Color_Me_Coily
BigLipTiff
dajewel
naturallyu
Alana
kekesmum
naturally yours
krazy coils
DaButterflyBAP
Renny
Sebastain13
courtrhapsody
Niqui36
kinksncurls
Treece
Jazzyrin
CurlyChick
Curly Film Chick
curlya
LadyMika
fanmnatirel
Fleur
rayray19
CurlyNMixed
Free2Be
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many naturals in your life? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many naturals in your life?

Post by Color_Me_Coily 27th October 2010, 12:13 am

I have 2 (mom & cousin [we are both 3- 3 1’2 month) ( :

My cousin & I are rocking our twa’s and are not shameful at all... I love being able to say I am 100% natural and have been & will continue to embrace it.

Some of my family members [grandma & aunt] as well as some friends are totally against it but whatever *shruggs*

I do what makes me happy & me solely! Razz
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

How many naturals in your life? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many naturals in your life?

Post by Free2Be 27th October 2010, 4:52 am

dajewel wrote:i noticed that alot have been saying with the exception of support on this forum, that u don't have any other support close to you (in addition to some members of your family). i suggest searching for a local meetup of naturals here www.meetup.com. i have found an amazing, active and motivated group of naturals on that site in my area.
I actually found a group in town. But I'm afraid...there are 26 members and most of them actually have hair styles as opposed to my lazy WNG. I'm a grown woman, I don't know why I'm afraid to join.

I think I will, maybe. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 27th October 2010, 12:55 pm

I'm the only natural in my circle! Unless you count my 3 year old! lol! I have some distant cousins that are natural and some friends but we arent close.
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 27th October 2010, 12:59 pm

dajewel wrote:i noticed that alot have been saying with the exception of support on this forum, that u don't have any other support close to you (in addition to some members of your family). i suggest searching for a local meetup of naturals here www.meetup.com. i have found an amazing, active and motivated group of naturals on that site in my area.

Thank you for posting this! I found a group near my city (about 45 mins away), and plan to go to the meet up next month.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th October 2010, 2:06 pm

Meetup.com is a very good way to meet other naturals, and you can also find other types of groups that you might be interested in. When I moved to Houston I didn't know anybody (except for my husband, lol), but through this board and a couple of meetup groups, I'm starting to make friends.

In my life I have a few naturals close to me - my mom, 2 of my BFFs, and my grandmother (even though my cousin snuck a relaxer in a couple of years ago).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 27th October 2010, 2:17 pm

Just my mom and grandma
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2