CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

+38
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
Butterfly126
FloridaSunshiny
SummerSkye
FalconTress
blkbeauty2010
The Raw Twinkie
abradley002
Lovely_Curls
aduke1989
natalie24
rvalent2
naturallynola
Dannibeau24
BriaBeauty
Sebastain13
jazzwife
belleaenca
vonnluv
CurlsofGlory
curl_Gurl
Ebbz
eastsidegirl
Beautifulyfe
simplysloan
nbella
tiashaunteƩ
Karameldiva1978
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Afronique
DerbyDiva
dajewel
Treece
naturalblkbeauty10
luvluvmynaturalhair
HappigocurliJenn
naturallychelsea
42 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by dajewel 4th November 2010, 11:16 am

welcome vonnluv!

my twists are still in. last night, i noticed my ends weren't as moist as i would like them to be. so, i lightly spritzed qhemet biologics karkady tea replenishing mist and sealed with a castor oil and a lil bit of evco. i bunned so that the ends are protected. today, my twists are soft and the ends very well moisturized (cuz they are shiny and curling).
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by belleaenca 4th November 2010, 12:15 pm

Hi Ladies,

Am I too late to enter this challenge?
If not, when do we start and when does it end?

I'm planning for the most part to wear it pulled back in my version of a bun. I used to be very good at doing buns when I was in college but for some reason I can't quiet get it right anymore, weird huh? What I do is hold about 1/2 of my hair with two large bobbi pins in the back (I make sure to intertwine the pins, this way they stay put and hold my hair securely) and I then bring all of my hair from the bottom and sort of roll/tuck it in with a few more bobbi pins...I'll post my washing routine and pics later. Gotta get back to work now LOL

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 4th November 2010, 12:36 pm

thanks guys!

i had a work out yesterday and sweated out my two stranded, bantu knotted twists on top of my head. Sad this morning the twists just didn't cooperate and had to bobby pin alot of them. confidence is key! cause the hair is not looking great. i found a woman to braid my hair and im thinking of doing that it updos and fro hawks (renewing every two weeks) as my hiding hair doo!
vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 4th November 2010, 1:38 pm

Ok so I took out the twist and put in braids. I put the braids in myself for the first time (yeah me woot! ) feeling pretty special. I did take 2 days though (9 hours all together). I think that I'll get better with practice. I went to growafrohairlong.com and that gave me the know how. It's not too tight and I love it. I used Optimum oil therapy, shea butter strengtening hairdress and eco styler gel. Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 4:31 pm

belle you know we've always got room for you

vonnluv I know how you feel sometimes hair can be so unpredictable but gurl hang on in there and do what you got to do to make it work...and post pics if you do get the braids.

C of G is that your hair or are those extensions...if they are extensions props to you gurl cuz it looks so much like normal box braids with ones hair

Later Hunnies Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 4th November 2010, 6:42 pm

Beautifulyfe wrote:Wish I could rock a head wrap like you @CravingCurlz but my forehead is too big. Or maybe its the combo of forehead and a peanut head the wraps wont stay on lol

I have a big forehead too! But now that I have short hair and lack of bangs I have to rock the forehead regardless! Lol I just put the wrap on and go. Razz I usually put the wrap below my hairline and that covers my fore head. Plus I like my ears covered. I'm weird like that I guess.

Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 5th November 2010, 2:21 am

Curls, those look GREAT!!!! Good job! My hair is still sitting in 2 cornrows this whole week. I am not sure if I'll be getting it braided tomorrow as planned although I doubt it. I'll keep you posted!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 5th November 2010, 10:01 am

@CurlsofGlory your braids look nice, how long do you plan to leave them in? What will your braid regimen consist of?
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 5th November 2010, 5:08 pm

Just arrived home and it's soooo cold. I could feel my face drying up so I felt some serious pity for my hair. I'm thinking of getting braids when it gets a lil colder.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 5th November 2010, 11:16 pm

okay! so i had a whole EXPERIENCE when i went for these braids. the girl was working on a dude when i got there....braids were tight- check! the man was satisfied-- check! but the music was loud and i was definitely in the hood. (babies running through the salon, loud juke box video music, and 25 cent bags of chips being passed around)

i was going for a Goapele look.........what i kept getting asked by others in the salon was "you getting a sew in?" i guess the pattern is similar to the weaving braid patter. the side frow hawk is kinda pathetic. i did flexi rod it first and then just jerri curl rodded it and this is what i got. attitude.......cuz this gonna be in for 2wks at least.

its amazing how one persons description is completely interpreted different by the artist..........

vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 5th November 2010, 11:43 pm

My plan is to wash cond & dc wkly Also will b doing some henna
My hair is still short but will b twisting or braiding & wearing my twa I want to start wearing some beanies as well
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by BriaBeauty 6th November 2010, 2:52 pm

I took my box braids out and now my hair is in a sew-in. It's a kinky/curlyish one bc I loveeeee big curly Afros but my hair still has those darn relaxed ends :,( . I'll take pics soon. Omg, I almost 4got, I'm trying to keep my hair moisterized under the extensions which was not very until I started using a spray bottle. I plan on keeping this in for 6 weeks

BriaBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannibeau24 6th November 2010, 7:24 pm

Is it to late to join the challenge? I hope not silent
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 7:46 pm

Curls of Glory and Vonn - your hair looks fab! Curls, I wish you were here to do my hair. You got serious skills!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th November 2010, 9:46 pm

lol @ vonnluv but loving the braids and wasn't all the ghettotivity worth it?

@ Dannibeau24 we're happy to have you girl. What's your reggie?

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannibeau24 6th November 2010, 9:56 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:lol @ vonnluv but loving the braids and wasn't all the ghettotivity worth it?

@ Dannibeau24 we're happy to have you girl. What's your reggie?

Thank you! I plan to wear wigs, twist, and braids for the winter. It will be my first time wearing wigs so I am excited to see how it looks on me.

Product regimen:
Shampoo when I take braids and twist out to be redone
Use cleansing cream with braids in
Condition every week with (Yes to Cucumbers)
Deep condition every week (Shea Moisture deep treatment)
Seal with Shea Butter
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th November 2010, 10:18 pm

I know we are trying to protect our hair but I wanted to try an experiment to see if I could keep my hair moisturized in ponys. So half my hair is loaded with aussie and the other half HEHH. I plan on spritzing for two to three days then rewetting because my hair seems to love being wet.

Pics:
after washing

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

ponytails
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 7th November 2010, 10:54 am

curls and vonn, your hair is look fab!!!!! vonn, sorry u had to endure attitude. also, i am a little concerned with how much of your scalp is showing. how do u plan on protecting your scalp in the winter?

as for me, i said i was going to prepoo, wash, deep condish, retwist this weekend, but that ain't happening cuz am busy, tired and lazy. also, i more than likely won't be able to do it till thursday night...if that...so it is possible that i won't wash this week. in light of this, i came up with a brilliant idea...i add a lil giovanni 50:50 hudrating balance condition on my twists before i jumped in the hot shower. the theory was that the steam and heat + condish would help hydrate the hair. i then came out and sealed with shea butter. so far so good.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 7th November 2010, 3:05 pm

i noticed that alot of my scalp shows in the parts......im not sure what to do. on another note.............MY JACKET IN THAT PIC WAS SWITCHED! Someone switched (stole) my little faux leather jacket. I got home and realized the zipper was missing......and some of the details had changed. To my chagrin when I went to return the jacket (because i thought it was defective) it wasn't even the one i bought! i took pics before i left for the salon and after..........they switched my jacket! and there was all this commotion at the coat rack...........ghetto ass salons.....ugh! im sooooo pissed right now!
vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 6:32 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that vonn. Who in the world does that ?!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 7th November 2010, 6:44 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:lol @ vonnluv but loving the braids and wasn't all the ghettotivity worth it?

so i guess no....because as someone pointed out (and a good point) my scalp is really showing and unprotected. is this a problem?
vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 6:57 pm

Well it could cause your scalp to become dry and flaky. Your scalpiness may just be beccause you have fine hair. But if you are in doubt you could wear a beenie or something along those lines.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 7th November 2010, 6:59 pm

Hey ladies... so I was up until 4 am (3 if you count daylight savings) getting my hair braided. I don't know HOW I made it to church today! Pics to come...
lol, after I wake up Sleep
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 7th November 2010, 9:04 pm

Hi Ladies, what's poppin'? Very Happy

I just wanted to pop in and share my current routing/pic of my intended protective style for the winter.

Current length as of 11-6-10

My version of a bun, since I apparently forgot how to properly do them (with regular bobbi pins)

and lastly, finally a bun with Goody's Spin Pins!!!! This was today after hairwash yesterday...

I might have mentioned before that I currently have an overly porous problem which I'm trying to correct. Currently I'm trying to do a protein treatment once a month or every 3 weeks and a ACV rinse bi-weekly.

Yesterday my routine was:
Section hair and apply a protein treament for 1hour (1 beaten egg, 2TBSP reg Mayo and @ 1tsp of EVOO).
Wash with KKCK shampoo (I mix my shampoo with water because shampoo is just too harsh on my hair, no matter what type it is...).
DC for 2hrs. I didn't use additional conditioner to detangled. I wet my hair with a bit of water to loosen up the DC and detangled first with my fingers and finished with a wide-tooth comb.
(When I do use conditioner, it's a mixture of HE Hello Hydration, Aubry's honeysuckle and @ a tsp of EVOO).
After rinsing out the DC with cool water, I then did a final rinse with a mixture of 2TBSP ACV and 2 cups of cool water. I didn't rinse out the ACV rince.
Finally I put in some of my KKKT leave-in conditioner and sealed it with hibiscus-infused coconut oil.

(You'll notice that I usually mix my products with some kind of oil or another, that's because I have really fine hair and I need the added slip. Otherwise it tends to get tangled up really bad...)

The only varation in this routing is that I co-wash about twice a week and when I co-wash I usually use the Darcy's herbal spritz leave-in instead of the KKKT. I also alternate the protein treatmen with an overnight pre-poo.

My pre-poo consist of a mixture of Suave tropical coconut conditioner, a bit of jojova or EVOO, a bit of avocado oil, and a few drops each of lemon EO, rosemary EO and lavender EO. It leaves my hair amazingly soft and smelling really nice.

Lastly, I just placed an order for raw shea butter, mango butter, and organic coconut oil - I plan to do a mix for added moisture this winter and I will post that once I've gotten my products. yippe!!

Sorry for the lengthy recount! Embarassed

~Belle Smile

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 7th November 2010, 9:07 pm

@curls and von - your braids look awesome, ladies!

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next