CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

+38
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
Butterfly126
FloridaSunshiny
SummerSkye
FalconTress
blkbeauty2010
The Raw Twinkie
abradley002
Lovely_Curls
aduke1989
natalie24
rvalent2
naturallynola
Dannibeau24
BriaBeauty
Sebastain13
jazzwife
belleaenca
vonnluv
CurlsofGlory
curl_Gurl
Ebbz
eastsidegirl
Beautifulyfe
simplysloan
nbella
tiashaunteƩ
Karameldiva1978
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Afronique
DerbyDiva
dajewel
Treece
naturalblkbeauty10
luvluvmynaturalhair
HappigocurliJenn
naturallychelsea
42 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 4 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by belleaenca 7th November 2010, 9:10 pm

@NC - look at all the beautiful growth, luvs it!

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 4 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 9:30 pm

Well I am just way too impulsive and have just cut off the relaxed ends from the back of my hair. I will eventually post pics. I'm sooo excited!!! woot!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 7th November 2010, 9:34 pm

@NC - awesome, can't wait to see what it looks like! woot!

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 10:42 pm

My twists and half BC:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 7th November 2010, 10:53 pm

That looks great! Do you think it will it be difficult styling the two diff lengths now? What made you BC only the bottom?

(Sometimes I get desperate to BC but the cold weather is a deterrent. Lol)

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 11:15 pm

well the back is long enought to tuck into my two ponys. It might be weird though having plaits at the back and loose hair in the front but...

But to answer your question about why half: I initially only cut a small section on one side so that I could twist it and see what my hair would look like if I decided to go through with the BC. Once I started though it was hard to stop so I did a much larger section on the other side for fun Very Happy

But I haven't done the whole head because I do not have time to style it for tomorrow. Also, I'm expecting some hair products so I want to hold off until then.
small section on one side

larger section on other side
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 7th November 2010, 11:22 pm

vonnluv wrote:naturallychelsea wrote:lol @ vonnluv but loving the braids and wasn't all the ghettotivity worth it?

so i guess no....because as someone pointed out (and a good point) my scalp is really showing and unprotected. is this a problem?

am so sorry that ur coat was switched??!?! da hell???

as for ur scalp, i suggest u focus on the following: adding and retaining moisture; regulating and maintain ur scalp to combat dryness and flakyness which could lead to fungi and possible hair loss.

how to add moisture to scalp: simple light spritz wth water and/or aloe juice. to retain moisture, oil of ur choice. perhaps castor oil (it is an oil that is also a humecant------>attracts and locks in moisture like none another). help to regulate the health of ur scalp: black tea, neem, amla. hh

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by rvalent2 8th November 2010, 8:43 am

Hi ladies...

I would like to join this challenge. Last week I did a MBC, so now i'm roller setting my hair once a week. I'll try to post a picture tonight.

Product regimen:
Condition every week with (Uncle Funky Daughter - Curly Magic)
Deep condition every week (Good Hair)
Seal with Shea Butter and oils.
rvalent2
rvalent2

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 8th November 2010, 9:05 am

naturallychelsea wrote:My twists and half BC:

affraid egad chica!! you got some length!! its so purdy!! i would not be able to see that teaser everyday and not cut!! but then again im scissor happy Razz btw those twists came out great! i know your hairs gonna look awesome if/when you BC it all!

happy growing! (and BC'ing....maybe Laughing)
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 9:08 am

Welcome rvalent2!! Very Happy

thnx DB and I know I'm itching to cut but have no time and my package of hair products is taking forever and a day to come Sad Can't wait to BC!!!!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie24 8th November 2010, 11:37 am

I wanna join:)

wash and condition with Giovanni Triple Tea Treat once a week
cowash with moisture milks every other day
DC with Neutrogena triple moisture mask
qp elasta mango butter
seal with shea anc coconut oil

Mainly bunnng and senegalese twist will be my protective styles for this winter

natalie24

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:54 am

Welcome natalie!!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 8th November 2010, 1:07 pm

Ok ladies, I am so sorry I have been MIA...went out of town for the weekend with no computer access! Anyways thanks for all the great comments on my braids...they are extentions and it did take a while, but I am really proud of myself and they're holding up well. They aren't too tight so they aren't pulling which is a big plus! My regimen for my braids will be. Co-wash once a week with aussie 3mm and shampoo every 2 weeks with herbal essences hydralicious rejuvenating shampoo. Tie up in a bun every night and apply optimum oil therapy and Shea butter streghtening hairdress daily. I plan on trying to leave them in for 3 weeks at least. The great thing is that if any of my braids get too fuzzy I can just redo them myself. NO extra cost. Thanks again ladies! Very Happy
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 1:21 pm

Welcome back C of G and I envy your skills gurl Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 8th November 2010, 2:13 pm

Just did my simple headband thing for today. I may co wash my hair and do braids tonight.

Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 8th November 2010, 2:23 pm

Looks good Treece!
Naturallychelsea~Thanks and I love the semi-BC you did...very bold cheers
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 2:29 pm

luv the puff treece

and thnx for the support c of g

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 6:03 pm

Well the BC is coming along ladies:

and as you can see my protective style of choice is twists and I plan to spritz daily with a water conditioner mix.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 8th November 2010, 7:26 pm

@naturallychelsea alot of growth. Your twists look good! Are the twists two strand or three strand?
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 8th November 2010, 7:30 pm

Couldn't wait huh? Razz it's looking good! How excited are you right now? lol
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 8th November 2010, 10:39 pm

@Chelsea - my jealousy is ever growing, but I really am happy for you and your BCing process! cheers

So, here are my braids (that I didn't do myself - hehe)
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 8th November 2010, 10:55 pm

I was posting on the other one naturallychelsea but I hadn't posted my pictures and such yet so I'll post them on this thread. I decided to get small sized box braids in the front & edges (about 1/4 of my hair) and the rest a sew-in. There's a quite a few pictures but I'll title all of them...

I'm in the center of the picture; this is before a performance I choreographed and performed in and the last day I before my hair was braided:

This was after I washed my hair with shampoo, treated it with JessieCurl deep treatment, and used Giovanni's Direct Leave-In before I blew dry it out to braid it. Then I oiled my scalp with Wild Growth Oil. I wasn't getting my hair braided until the next day but I wanted to get it moisturized before:

After getting it braided by the real stylist lol (my braids were taken down and she braided the front with box braids and cornrowed the middle and back and did a sew-in):

I guess my regimen will be to keep it oiled with the Wild Growth Oil every 2-3 days and I'm not really sure if I should still co-wash. I'll most likely take out the sew-in part, shampoo, and cornrow and put the sew-in back in before Turkey Day.
aduke1989
aduke1989

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648990541

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:07 pm

@ curl_Gurl thank you and it is two strand twists that I curled at the ends with my fingers

@ treece I really couldn't once I started I couldn't stop!!

JW your braids are gorgeous. You and C Of G are rocking those braids.

@ aduke loving the braid weave combo

U guys are gorgeous and doing your thangs Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:45 pm

Pics of BC:

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 9th November 2010, 2:47 am

Jazzwife~I'm lovin it...hopefully mine look as good as that with more practice.
Aduke~Lovin the the braid/weave combo (never seen that before) I might steal that one day
Naturallychelsea~Wow your hair look great I'm getting a little curl-envious
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next