CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

+38
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
Butterfly126
FloridaSunshiny
SummerSkye
FalconTress
blkbeauty2010
The Raw Twinkie
abradley002
Lovely_Curls
aduke1989
natalie24
rvalent2
naturallynola
Dannibeau24
BriaBeauty
Sebastain13
jazzwife
belleaenca
vonnluv
CurlsofGlory
curl_Gurl
Ebbz
eastsidegirl
Beautifulyfe
simplysloan
nbella
tiashaunteƩ
Karameldiva1978
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Afronique
DerbyDiva
dajewel
Treece
naturalblkbeauty10
luvluvmynaturalhair
HappigocurliJenn
naturallychelsea
42 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 13 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by naturellebeaute 13th February 2011, 7:30 pm

@jazzwife i totally feel your pain! It seems like everybody raves about their twist outs and I feel left out lol. I was thisclose to doing a mini chop myself last night but i am enjoying the length i have now since this challenge started. I dont want to cut off all my progress (even though I'll have to eventually) I have thought about getting a set of individual braids just to change things up and to not have to 'do' my hair daily. But i had a not so good experience with my last braider and ended up taking them down only 3 weeks later. Sad I'm trying to figure something out because I think I've hit a brick wall in the styling dept.
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 13 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by naturallynola 13th February 2011, 11:04 pm

Jazzwife and Naturelle, have you tried braidouts or flat twists? As a fellow transitioner (12 months and counting), I found out earlier 2 strand twist was a no go, but flat twists was my deal for a few months and then, braidouts became my go to style. I am doing more updos and curlformer sets now, but braidouts and scarf braidouts were my regular styles for months, especially in the summer and fall. I also found out earlier on that extra conditioning and oil on the ends kept them looking good, even if I needed a trim or had split ends. I think rolling them at night or tucking them in when I pineapple is also helpful. Straw sets and flexirod sets are also great ways to blend the textures.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 14th February 2011, 3:46 pm

@naturallynola: braid outs and bantu knot outs are the only ones that seem to look fairly decent on me. I've tried flats twists but im not that great at them so they come out so-so. I think if were were better at them it could work. When i did them i used flexirods on the ends and they all came out looking different, so i just bunned it. I'd eventually like to try the curlformer sets, but thats just not in my budget right now. They're super expensive and I wasnt sure they'd even work for me. Which would be yet another huge let down and drain to my wallet. Also ive been wanting to try the scarf braid out. How exactly do you do yours??
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 14th February 2011, 3:51 pm

Also I just had a detangling breakthrough!!! I am now using Tresemme Naturals condish (no silicones found in white bottle) I got from walmart. Ive tried just about all the other suggested (V05, Suave, HH, Ausie Moist, Giovanni, Garnier, etc, etc, etc.) and NO other condish has made detangling such a breeze. I lost about 2/3 less hair. It so slippy and just absolutely amazing! Just thought I'd share!

Last edited by naturellebeaute on 14th February 2011, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 16th February 2011, 11:03 pm

Ok first of all I am so sorry ladies for some reason I got unsubscribed to this thread and did not see any of the replies. I think it happened around the time when we were all experiencing difficulties on the forum.

@ curlsofglory CONGRATS your avi looks gorgeous and I knw I am late but still you look gorgeous and I am happy that you are happy. I told you that we'd be here for you when you BCd and here we r.

Ok as for the updates my hair is growing like weeds and I can't wait to do the final length check which is quickly approaching (feb 31)

As for my styles I have been experimenting with twists and the different styles that I can create wth the cornrows in the front. I found my love; aloe vera gel. And I managed to create gorgeous twists. And I can't believe that it took me so long to realise that in order to not have scalpy twists I had to make them smaller. I feel like a jack in the box.

Anyways I owe you divas pictures which will come soon when I get to a pc. I just wanted to say hi. lol!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 17th February 2011, 9:28 pm

Omg I must have been high when I wrote February 31... I meant February 28th.

Anyways here are my twists;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Finally no scalpiness woot!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 24th February 2011, 4:18 pm

Gorgeous twists, I'm thinking about getting some in April. But like you said I don't want my scalp showing, can you offer any advice? And what products did you use? Better yet can you do a video tutorial? I'm asking for a lot right, I know I got my nerves...lol.love the twists!
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th February 2011, 1:58 am

Thnx curl_gurl. To answer your question to reduce scalpiness I do my twists smaller. The smaller I do my twists the more scalp it hides. To twist my hair I used aloe Vera gel. I love this as it gives me a soft touchable hold and crazy shine. As for the vid I've never made one and wouldn't know how to begin to however I will find this video for you on YouTube where this woman explains how she sister twists to get the twists to last longer. I do not use her exact method but hers is similar to mine and the method will give you twists that last longer as the hair is twisted in on itself so it minimises frizz and unravelling. So bear with me whilst I locate the vid. The twists are called sited twists btw.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th February 2011, 11:05 am

as promised curl_gurl here's the vid

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 25th February 2011, 12:43 pm

Thanks a bunch naturallychelsea very helpful video and I will have to try the aloe vera gel
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th February 2011, 1:09 pm

Good luck!! How has your hair growth been thus far?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 28th February 2011, 12:06 pm

My hair growth has been great, .5inch or a tid bit more inch month as expected. What about you?
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 28th February 2011, 5:11 pm

The challenge is officially over!! We made it!! I am so curious about everybody elses growth.
So as promised I am giving my update:

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 1st March 2011, 3:15 am

Wow naturallychelsea! Looks great! I don't really have any pics to compare because I did my BC and then I tried a homemade DC 2 nights ago and my hair got all knotted up Mad ! So I had to go through and cut out a lot of hair Sad. It's still freezing cold here in the Netherlands so I put in some braids (I must say I am getting pretty good at it!). I can say that I have about 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 inches, wich is pretty good! Very Happy I'll post pics soon.
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 1st March 2011, 9:27 am

I'm so sorry about your DC but I'm happy with your growth. Keep it up hun. Also I'm glad to hear that you are braiding your own hair. If only I had that much skill...

Happy hair growing

Chelsea
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13