CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

+38
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
Butterfly126
FloridaSunshiny
SummerSkye
FalconTress
blkbeauty2010
The Raw Twinkie
abradley002
Lovely_Curls
aduke1989
natalie24
rvalent2
naturallynola
Dannibeau24
BriaBeauty
Sebastain13
jazzwife
belleaenca
vonnluv
CurlsofGlory
curl_Gurl
Ebbz
eastsidegirl
Beautifulyfe
simplysloan
nbella
tiashaunteƩ
Karameldiva1978
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Afronique
DerbyDiva
dajewel
Treece
naturalblkbeauty10
luvluvmynaturalhair
HappigocurliJenn
naturallychelsea
42 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 11 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by CurlsofGlory 2nd January 2011, 7:23 pm

Wow looks like everyone is doing great! I took out my braids and boy is my hair thick! It's a good thing...the hubby says that my growth is right on track and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of caring for these relaxed ends. Thinking about doing my bc after this hair challege is over! Very Happy Happy New year. Be Blessed!
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 11 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by jazzwife 5th January 2011, 9:40 pm

Ladies!?! How are you all doing! I just wanted to drop in... I've just been bunnin' and runnin' lately - nothing new :-) It's been working for me. Definitely easy and low maintenance. My washing and detangling sessions have been good. I've tried Aussie 3MM and I love the stuff! No new plans on the horizon. I think I am going to keep this up, it is easy enough for the winter time.
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 5th January 2011, 10:05 pm

Well I found some split hair and single strand knots YAHH ME!!

But seriously I took a break from twisting for the holidays and to experiment with a mix of mine. I need to come back home.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 6th January 2011, 1:44 pm

Just stopped in for an update...I tried henna for the 1st time and am very pleased w/ the results. Its a lot easier to detangle my hair and I've noticed that its not as poofy as it was beforehand! I clearly had that "you need a perm" look to my ponytails! lol! This is great since I've been mostly wearing bun variations since I started the challenge. I dont have much curl definition in my new growth (I think I'm 4a) but I have started to notice little spirals at the roots of my shed hairs! After 6+ mths this has renewed my confidence in my texture! I think I may be victim of 'scab hair' as some call it...
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 6th January 2011, 5:49 pm

Can I join pleaseeeeee? I've been doing protective styles for a little over a month and they're starting to get addicting LOL

Regimen: cowash 2x weekly and deep condition (wash every other week), massage scalp daily with hot six oil or sublimed sulfur mix, frequent protective styles, alternating fermodyl and henna treatments every other week

Hairstyles: BUNS!!! high buns, low buns, side buns, Chinese buns, figure-8 buns, the southern tease

I posted my starting pics in the grow your hair challenge but I'll do it again here.

Starting length? prob an inch shy of APL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Staple High Bun

Southern Tease Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th January 2011, 5:55 pm

Of course you can I'm sorry bout updating the list it gets complicated keeping up. But love the hair and the buns they're gorgeous. Keep it up. It's tired old twists for me but your really rocking your hair.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 6th January 2011, 8:05 pm

I was just checking in for an update. Have been wearing braids (my first time doing them myself--YAY!), and now I am rocking a high bun. I think I will just wear mu hair in a bun for a couple of weeks then back to braids for a while. I had to see how I looked with my braid out for a couple of days this week and it was a fierce transition braid out! Loved it. Then reality hit and I realized that I need to concentrate on growing my hair out so that I can trim more relaxed ends. That is the goal for me this year growing my hair so that I can trim as I grow. LOL!!!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 6th January 2011, 11:25 pm

krissy- LOVE your buns! they are too cute. I too have been using buns as my primary protective style, but they get sorta boring from time to time. I'm looking for new ways to jazz it up. If you have any suggestions, feel free... thanks!!
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 7th January 2011, 1:20 am

@ naturally chelsea thanks! Btw your siggy is banggiiiinn! I love the little curlies!

@ naturellebeaute There was a time where I NEVER did protective styles because I thought they were too boring and childish. But CN, LHCF and youtube helped me to find sophisticated PS that I love Smile

How long is your hair? If it's shoulder length or longer you can do the southern tease https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc3BzePp9VA&feature=related

Here's a messy double bun. The chick in this video is kinda crazy though LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QODUVWCFmjM

This forum is completley dedicated to natural buns
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/242345-anyone-have-natural-bun-pics.html

I'm still experimenting with different styles too and I'm glad I finally have enough natural length to make a bun not look awkward Smile

HTH!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 7th January 2011, 1:52 am

Krissy I know you were responding to naturally chelsea and naturellebeaute about the buns BUT I thank you for the information. I feel I can go on with more buns now that I have more information. This is gonna be fun!!!! Let's do this ladies!! YAY!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 9th January 2011, 5:16 pm

okay...its been a minute. I can't believe i have had these twists in for 2months. I have taken them down today and pre pooed with EEOV. I also added some shea butter. I see some significant growth (as demonstrated by all the greys) the length on the back and the sides looks pretty impressive. I got curlformers for xmas so im gonna play with that this week. Happy New Year everybody! Smile
vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th January 2011, 7:03 pm

The Raw Twinkie wrote:Krissy I know you were responding to naturally chelsea and naturellebeaute about the buns BUT I thank you for the information. I feel I can go on with more buns now that I have more information. This is gonna be fun!!!! Let's do this ladies!! YAY!

Yay! Glad I helped Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 10th January 2011, 4:20 pm

This is what I worked on yesterday as a protective style. I was snowed in (still am) and thought why not just work on my hair. Not sure how long this will last (lets see). I am liking it though. With maintenance (if anyone knows) do you add moisture and oil your scalp everyday with protective styles?

The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 10th January 2011, 5:19 pm

Love the style. As for your question i find that layering my hair with oil only makes it oily, dry, dull and smelly. I usually only apply moisturizer as it's more important. Also certain oils act like a barrier preventing moisture from penetrating so keep that in mind.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 10th January 2011, 5:33 pm

vonnluv, Cant wait to see pics of the style from the curlformers (I need to get some).
naturallychelsea, thank you for the response to my question. I was not sure of the importance of oil when it comes to protective styles. I know that it is important to seal in moisture. I am going to use castor oil on my scalp but I think maybe twice a week (beginning & end) as well as using a mix of water and curly kinky knot today as a moisturizer (conditioner) while my hair is in this style. Thank you again.
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 10th January 2011, 7:05 pm

@krissyc39 I love your buns
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 10th January 2011, 8:51 pm

Raw np and you must report back on the kckt as I'm itching to try it but I've heard mixed reviews
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 11th January 2011, 1:41 am

naturallychelsea, I LOVE KCKT. It works well for my hair and my daughters. I use it for both a leave in and as an additional ingredient to my DC. I co-wash with HEHH or Suave almond & shea butter conditioner (these make my hair so soft and moisturized). I am going to try the Oyin handmade honey hemp conditioner soon. I have heard great things about that but I want to try it for myself.
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 11th January 2011, 2:00 am

@ The Raw Twinkie OMG That style is incredible!! So chic Smile

@ curl_Gurl Thanks!!!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 11th January 2011, 6:37 pm

So my hair is all twisted up once more but it's so thin Sad but I'll hang in there because by the time this is over I'd better see some growth

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 11th January 2011, 8:33 pm

Alright... **sniff sniff**... I came on here to confess. **SIGH** Here goes:

I haven't washed my hair in like 2 weeks, and I've been meaning to everyday!!! I realized I am DREADING it!!!!! It's been bunned up, and so the middle is really, really TIGHT! LOL. Every time I think about detangling, I'm like 'NOOOOOOO'. Evil or Very Mad

When I go out, I bun it, roll it - Something around that tight middle, but I know I need to wash!

Whew - ok, I feel better. Glad I got that off my chest now! sunny
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 12th January 2011, 1:34 am

LOL! jazzwife, It's okay, you are loved.. :_) Just takes your time and and a deep breath when it is time to wash and detangle. We all have our moment and when its my turn I might need everyone to join hands and sing a hymn or something. LOL!!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 12th January 2011, 1:36 am

naturallychelsea! gone wit' yo bad self... I like the twists... Keep it going.. Cant wait to see the growth when this challenge is over. afro
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 12th January 2011, 1:44 am

You and me both raw.

Like I said if I'm gonna walk around looking like this I had better get some growth out of it Smile
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 12th January 2011, 1:45 am

BTW jazz I would not advise detangling dry. Hop in the shower and load your hair up with condish and allow it to do the work.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next