CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washing Natural hair

3 posters

Go down

Washing Natural hair  Empty Washing Natural hair

Post by creolebeauty1 12th November 2010, 2:10 pm

Hi everyone
Hope you all are having a wonderful Friday TGIF
The reason for my post its a question i have about a product that may not exist so i'm thinking about getting some twist with extension as a protective style and because i want to stretch it for as long as possible i was wondering does anyone know a way of just cleaning my scalp without using water , when i was relaxed i had this product i used to clean my scalp that didn't require water now that i'm transitioning that product won't work because it has alcohol in it is there anything similar thats natural that i can use to clean my scalp while in braids without drying my hair and using water ?
Thanks in advance your's truly Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Washing Natural hair  Empty Re: Washing Natural hair

Post by Madeaj 12th November 2010, 4:02 pm

There is a no alcohol, no-rinse shampoo I used for a friend's mother.

It was very good for getting her scalp and hair clean without rinsing. Although before that I would just use very diluted baby shampoo and a soft washcloth.

http://www.norinse.com/outdoorshampoo.htm
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 12th November 2010, 6:28 pm

okay thanks so much Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th November 2010, 7:07 pm

1) There are some powder shampoos used by long term hospitalized patients. I have seen a couple, but I will dig in my stuff at home and see if I can find the information (You may do an online search quicker than I can dig)

2) I know some people with locs who use witch hazel. They apply it to cotton balls. Be careful, can be drying.

3) Some people use a small amount of kaolin clay powder and massage it into the scalp and brush and shake it out of the hair. I saw this while looking to buy some clays. It is a recipe that looked good. I will look for the site and post it for you.

4) Klorane makes a dry shampoo with oat extract. You can get it at Sephora

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th November 2010, 7:57 pm

Creolebeauty, Here is the recipe referred to about in #3. Of course, you can use a different fragrance, if you prefer.

Ginger Citrus Dry Shampoo Recipe

Submitted By:

Jessica

Summary:

Dry shampoo

Ingredients:

4 T white kaolin clay
2 T arrowroot powder
2 T powdered orange peel
2 drops hawaiian white ginger fragrance oil
3 drops orange fragrance oil

Instructions:

This provides a great lift for limp strands on those hurried days. It combines the oil absorbing quality of kaolin clay, the hair softening effect of arrowroot powder, and an energizing aroma. Combine the dry ingredients then mix in the fragrance oils 1 drop at a time, sifting once between each drop. Once all fragrance oil is added sift 5 more times, and place in a shaker container. To use, shake a small amount onto the roots of hair. Massage into scalp with fingers then brush through to remove excess.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down