CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night??

+2
Curly Film Chick
MommaV
6 posters

Go down

Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night?? Empty Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night??

Post by MommaV 10th October 2010, 2:27 pm

I want to know why my hair wraps around itself! There are all of there little knots that I see when I trim my hair. What can I do to stop this? What are the causes? I trim my ends, and I run my fingers down through the strands and if I feel anything I snip it. I have been Natural for just over a year and I am just really learning what I need to do to take good care of my hair (i.e. trimming using the right products,and knowing what products to avoid). Am I doing something wrong to cause this?? Does anyone else have this issue? I am a 3c with med thickness.

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night?? Empty Re: Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night??

Post by Curly Film Chick 10th October 2010, 2:50 pm

I hear that they are called fairy knots! I get them a lot, especially when I wear my hair loose and curly. I've noticed that stretching the curls (either braids/twists/banding, ect) really help minimize those. You're not alone!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night?? Empty Re: Are there little dwarfs that tie my hair in knots at night??

Post by Lynnieluve 10th October 2010, 3:21 pm

Fairy knots/single strand knots are just a part of being natural. Like Curly Film Chick suggested, stretching the hair can help minimize them but there is no way to get rid of them all together.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 10th October 2010, 3:26 pm

OK! Thanks so much ladies! I was getting really upset about it because I thought that I was doing something wrong. So should I continue to cut them out when I feel them? Or, just leave them be?

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 10th October 2010, 3:30 pm

I personally cut them out when I feel/see them but not all the time (search and detroy method) only when I'm in the mood or every couple of months. It's really up to you.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th October 2010, 3:46 pm

When you come across them, cut them. If you leave them be, the knots will get caught on other strands and cause tangles.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 10th October 2010, 10:22 pm

Fairy Knots = Uber Annoying. I have a pair of hair scissors at work, in the car, at my bedside and in the family room. I cut them when I'm at the traffic light, watching tv, sitting in bed, etc. I hate those suckers. Lynnieluve is right, the longer you let them sit the worse they become.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 10th October 2010, 10:44 pm

I get them all the time and I hate it!! I'm not sure on a relative scale what is 'good' and what is 'bad' in terms of how many you have, but my hair is stretched 100% of the time, so I'd hate to see how bad they'd be if I did w&Gs...
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 11th October 2010, 2:55 am

I haven't experienced that yet, but if I do at least I know what they are..
@goombagirl you gone get them suckers!! lol with all those scissors around they don't stand a chance.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 11th October 2010, 4:22 pm

Yeah, I didn't think that they could possibly be good do I'd been cutting them out whenever I felt them. I do find myself running around the house with a single strand of hair between my fingers looking for scissors. I think that I need to take a page out of Goombagirl's book and get like 100 pairs of them. LOL!!

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 12th October 2010, 3:44 pm

MommaV wrote:Yeah, I didn't think that they could possibly be good do I'd been cutting them out whenever I felt them. I do find myself running around the house with a single strand of hair between my fingers looking for scissors. I think that I need to take a page out of Goombagirl's book and get like 100 pairs of them. LOL!!

LOL @ MommaV that used to be me. I'd be obsessed - standing in line at the grocery store, at traffic lights, even sitting at my desk at work. I learned the hard way. I used to run around the house holding a single strand of hair only to discover that my 5 year old had taken the scissors to cut up a shirt or something (go figure). So now I hide them everywhere. That way I know where at least one pair are.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down