CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!!

3 posters

Go down

Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!! Empty Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!!

Post by naturalhair429 24th February 2011, 7:00 pm

I Did my first henna treatment this past Saturday and everything about the experience was GREAT to say the least. I did a braid out that was soo beautiful but because I don't like a lot of hold and didn't have any more leave-in on hand, I only sealed my wet hair with EVOO before plaiting it. It came out beautiful. At night I applied Carol's Daughter "Some of Marguerites Magic" and replaited. Here comes the fun part.....I was really sleepy last night and did not replait. I put on my satin bonnet and slept on my satin pillowcase and when I woke up my hair looked like a very big puff. It's still very soft and it's not tangled....I just need to tame it a little. I love big hair but this is ridiculous. I am thinking that if I dampen each section with water apply little leave-in and seal with EVOO, that I can replait, let it dry and be ok through tomorrow. I'm going to henna again Saturday but I don't like to comb or brush more than 1x per week. Any suggestions to get it back in shape?....Is Cantu Sheabutter leave-in any good?. I like thick creamy natural products. 1 last thing...can I add some water to my Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose conditioner and leave it in?
I have 3c/4a wavy,coily/curly hair.
naturalhair429
naturalhair429

Back to top Go down

Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!! Empty Re: Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!!

Post by NylaCoils 24th February 2011, 11:48 pm

I am thinking that if I dampen each section with water apply little leave-in and seal with EVOO, that I can replait, let it dry and be ok through tomorrow.[quote]
Yes, this should be good!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!! Empty Re: Went to bed last night without tying up hair...PLEASE Help!!

Post by HeathenMama 25th February 2011, 3:30 am

When in doubt, wet it down and put a plastic bag on it.

Water is your friend! (I bet you won't make THAT mistake again!) lol!

HeathenMama

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhair429 28th February 2011, 6:11 pm

Thanks Ladies. I have not been successfuly in uploading pictures so I'll have to keep trying. I sprayed my hair with a light misting of distilled water and rubbed a little AO honeysuckle rose conditioner in my hands like lotion ran it through my hair and sealed with EVOO. I replaited and let air dry and it came out fabulous. THANKS for the listening ear and suggestions!!! woot! NOW if I go to bed and don't tie it up, I know just what to do.
naturalhair429
naturalhair429

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down