CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Should I Start Regular Trimming

3 posters

Go down

When Should I Start Regular Trimming Empty When Should I Start Regular Trimming

Post by MzTaly 9th September 2010, 6:33 pm

Hi Ladies, I have yet another question....

I bc'd on July 9th, so it's only been two months. And I know trimming is good for the hair. I plan on growing my hair out, I don't want to remain short. I have about 2 inches of hair now....

So my question is, at what length do I start to get blow outs for trimming??? Do I still follow the every 6-8 week rule that I followed when I had relaxed hair or can I wait longer with my natural hair.

Thanks!!!!!!
MzTaly
MzTaly

http://www.youngdreamsbig.com

Back to top Go down

When Should I Start Regular Trimming Empty Re: When Should I Start Regular Trimming

Post by Lynnieluve 9th September 2010, 6:47 pm

I trim my ends when needed. I did my first trim 7 months post BC. My next trim was done at 11 months post BC.

Our hair grows 1/4 - 1/2 inch a month which is about 6 inches a year. If you trim your ends every 6-8 weeks, you will never see growth.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

When Should I Start Regular Trimming Empty Re: When Should I Start Regular Trimming

Post by kbelle 9th September 2010, 6:48 pm

Hi there,

I haven't put scissors to my head since I BC'd in Dec. When I had someone look at it (a stylist at my job) they said that it was very healthy and didn't need it. I plan to revisit on it again in another month of so to do a little shaping of my fro afro .

I have done the "search and destroy" method (I bet it's in here somewhere and I know it's on You Tube, try RusticBeauty's page) for a few knots that can occur before I wash, but I do not get nearly the split ends I did as a relaxed head or as a press and curl natural of my younger years.

I say inspect your ends regularly, but as long as you are gentle to those ends and keep them moisturized, I bet you will be in good shape.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by MzTaly 9th September 2010, 6:53 pm

Thanks Ladies!!! Make a whole lot of sense to me!!!!! I'm just excited about growth!!! I can't wait to see how my hair will look as it grows out. I've always been into big hair before I went natural and now I can have natural health big hair with out sitting at a salon for 4 hours to get it.
MzTaly
MzTaly

http://www.youngdreamsbig.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down