CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion

5 posters

Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Happy Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion

Post by shorty2010 3rd October 2010, 9:00 am

I have come to the realization that the Shea Line is not for my hair. My fine hair turned into a dry, soft cotton ball. The products that I got was for thick curly hair,anyway my hair just didn't like it. Anyway I crawled back to Giovanni's poo & conditioner, DC,KCKT,KCCC. I Put coconut oil on my hair and tryed to do the twist again. This is becoming expensiveeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I know I'm not alone?

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Re: Happy Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd October 2010, 12:02 pm

I also have fine hair (4a/b) and it needs more protein than the amount in the Shea line. Giovanni has my top 5 ingredients, so I stay close to home and use the products in that line.

Maybe you should take a break from trying new products and focus on styling? It is more time consuming but less expensive.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Happy Scalp & Hair

Post by shorty2010 3rd October 2010, 5:46 pm

Naturally Esq, I'm staying with Giovanni Too!! What do you use everyday for a moisturizer? I don't like spraying my hair with water because the weather is changing now No

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Re: Happy Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd October 2010, 5:57 pm

I use Giovanni Direct Leave In and a little Vatika Oil. My hair LOVES Direct Leave In. It solves all of my hair problems.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd October 2010, 6:13 pm

see my hair loves the Shea moisture line!!! I must be protein sensitive because Giovanni shampoo and conditioner make my hair dry and straw feeling (especially that shampoo 50:50 never again!!)
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd October 2010, 6:29 pm

rayray19 wrote:see my hair loves the Shea moisture line!!! I must be protein sensitive because Giovanni shampoo and conditioner make my hair dry and straw feeling (especially that shampoo 50:50 never again!!)

I suggest that you make a list of the first 5 ingredients in 50:50 and compare that list to any new products that you want to buy, so that you can avoid that reaction in the future.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Shea Moisture Line

Post by shorty2010 4th October 2010, 1:45 pm

rayray19, what is your routine with the Shea line? Your hair looks great! Thanks for the input!!!!! Smile

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 4th October 2010, 1:54 pm

shorty2010 wrote:I have come to the realization that the Shea Line is not for my hair. My fine hair turned into a dry, soft cotton ball. The products that I got was for thick curly hair,anyway my hair just didn't like it. Anyway I crawled back to Giovanni's poo & conditioner, DC,KCKT,KCCC. I Put coconut oil on my hair and tryed to do the twist again. This is becoming expensiveeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I know I'm not alone?

You may want to give your hair a little time to get used to the products (?). Maybe try one thing and stick to it, say for a week and then switch products. You're right, it can get kind of expensive and you don't want to turn into a product junkie, like me - LOL! But, seriously, the Giovanni product line is really good. Maybe the Shea Line has too much protein for your hair. I HTH Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Product Line

Post by shorty2010 4th October 2010, 2:10 pm

Thanks Naturalin2010 for your advice!!I will try my last regiment with Giovanna line and KCKT/KCCC and I mixed water/castor oil for spray.What do you think? Cann't stand the dry dull look No

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 4th October 2010, 3:52 pm

I wonder, a few months back I purchased the Giovanni leave in, the product itself was a little runny and a little translucent and had a citrusy scent. I purchased a new one maybe.....2 months back and the consistency is different. Did they change the formula?
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

http://Strawberrypoptartkisses.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 4th October 2010, 6:19 pm

Ashespeak22 wrote:I wonder, a few months back I purchased the Giovanni leave in, the product itself was a little runny and a little translucent and had a citrusy scent. I purchased a new one maybe.....2 months back and the consistency is different. Did they change the formula?

That's a good question. I have used it for almost a year. I have had some that were a little runny, but the first five ingredients were the same and my hair loved it, so no worries.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Giovanni Leave-in

Post by shorty2010 4th October 2010, 6:48 pm

I have not been able to find the Giovanni leave- in. Where did you buy yours?

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 4th October 2010, 6:52 pm

You can buy it at Whole Foods in the hair products dept. It is also available at CVS, Walmart, and Target but it is in the natural/organic beauty products section with items like Burt Bee's etc.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Happy  Scalp & HairI'v come to concludtion Empty Products

Post by shorty2010 4th October 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks Naturally Esq!!
Another trip to Wal-Mart bounce

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 4th October 2010, 7:32 pm

I bought mine from Walmart and I love their conditioner...its just I know that protein is not always good for my hair......
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

http://Strawberrypoptartkisses.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty2010 4th October 2010, 10:35 pm

Thanks Ashespeak22!!! flower

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down