CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extremely Dry Scalp

3 posters

Go down

Extremely Dry Scalp Empty Extremely Dry Scalp

Post by tremaressent 29th June 2010, 12:08 am

Ok, so I'm new to all this and I'm now in transition. My last relaxer was in February, my hair type is 3B and it is BSL. i realize I need a new hair regimen, but with my scalp I don't know where to start. My scalp is a disaster that continues to get worse. I've been to a dermatologist and been told I have seborrheic dermatitis, I can continue to take cortizone shots to manage it, but considering while I was preggers, I had no problems at all with dry scalp, I feel as though I'm missing something that my body was getting being preggers, I just can't figure out what. At first it was mild and only at the front of my scalp, it seems to be getting progressively worse, I'm now having to wash my hair every 2-3days. If there is anyone that has had this problem and can offer some help, please let me know.

Thanks CurlyNikki for creating this site. I'm learning a lot and feel well supported by others on my journey to go natural.

tremaressent

Back to top Go down

Extremely Dry Scalp Empty Re: Extremely Dry Scalp

Post by HappyCurly 29th June 2010, 9:31 am

didn't you have to take vitamins while you were preggers? what if you take some of those vitamins now and see what happens? i know your body had a lot going on while you were preggers, different levels of hormones, than it does now. but maybe you could replicate the vitamin part of it. or try taking folate. i've read that folate helps yeast infections, maybe it helps all kind of itchy problems.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th June 2010, 10:38 am

have u tried products with sulfur, witch hazel and/or lemon? these are great in regulating skin. try bee mine hair serum because it has sulfur. hth
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down