CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PEELING SCALP ANYONE?

+5
reginastwin
Melly86
vmichelle
marry25
loveself247
9 posters

Go down

PEELING SCALP ANYONE? Empty PEELING SCALP ANYONE?

Post by loveself247 4th January 2010, 6:17 pm

Ok ladies I have been having this problem for a couple years now, on and off. My scalp starts out itching like crazy and then it starts to peel REALLY bad along my hair hair line going towards my crown. I can take a comb and scratch my scalp and then skin peels off in such large portions that I have to take the comb to get the skin off my scalp and through my hair. Sound pretty disgusting but I can't seem to rid this condition. I haven't applied any different products or anything. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the weather. I have only noticed this issue during the time of year when it's cool/cold. Is there anyone else who suffers from this?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

PEELING SCALP ANYONE? Empty Re: PEELING SCALP ANYONE?

Post by marry25 4th January 2010, 6:19 pm

Have you tired going to a dermatologist about the problem because you don't want your hair to begin falling out. Hopefully this suggestion helps.

marry25

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 4th January 2010, 6:23 pm

@marry25,,yeah, I may have to do that. I use to have dandruff and was prescribed shampoo's but I'm not sure if this is BAD dandruff or something else.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 9:48 pm

OMG that happens to me too. I have really dry hair and scalp thought and going natural I am trying to fix that. Usually I try to add some oil to it as a temporary fix and that works. Im going to see if adding oils to my regimen will make it better.
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 4th January 2010, 10:53 pm

@vmichelle....yeah I'm gonna wash my hair and oil my scalp with pepperment oil, lavendar oil, joja oil and coconut oil.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Melly86 4th January 2010, 11:25 pm

I was having the same problem last week actually. I used coconut oil and that seemed to do the trick for me Smile

Melly86

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 5th January 2010, 12:13 am

Where are you ladies getting your oils from? My vitamin shoppe doesn't have most of them and when they do they want like $15 for 2 oz!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reginastwin 5th January 2010, 8:06 am

I have the same problem. I definitely suggest you see a dermatologist. I know from experience that not addressing the issue soon enough will definitely lead to hair loss. I received a topical steroid prescription to help "control" the peeling and flaking. The weather definitely plays a part in my flare-ups. Sometimes the products I use on our hair can aggravate the problem as well, so monitor how your scalp responds when you try something new. You also may want to pay attention to your diet. I notice that my scalp gets worse when I consume caffeine, dairy, and sugars. When I eliminate them from my diet for a while, my condition definitely improves. Two months ago my scalp was clear. But when the temp dropped in Houston recently, I started to drink coffee in the morning. My scalp has flared-up again and I am working to get if back under control - tea instead of coffee, no caffeine, no sugars, no dairy, lots and lots of water. I am also testing drinking 2 oz aloe vera juice 3 times a day to see if it works. This condition can be very frustrating, but be patient. Hope this info helps!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
reginastwin
reginastwin

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th January 2010, 7:58 pm

@vmichelle I get ALL my oils at Whole Foods
@reginastwin thank you so much for the information and I will consider everything you said
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 5th January 2010, 10:37 pm

I normally have this problem in the winter, I have very dry skin and usually get tons of flaking and peeling, especially when it's cold. A couple of weeks ago, I bought some aloe gel from Whole Foods and I've been applying it to my scalp...problem solved. When I first got it, I used it every day, but after about 10 days, I reduced to every other day. Still no flakes. I bought the Jason Brand Aloe Vera gel, in case you were interested.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 6th January 2010, 12:40 am

PLEASE, please see a dermatologist!! I had something similar, and it turned out I had excema in my scalp. Some special shampoos, steroids, and it was gone. You certainly don't want a secondary scalp infection from the scratching, so get to the doctor...pronto!! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 6th January 2010, 4:03 pm

@blondie...thank you and I will...I have excema too but it only flares up every blue moon and its always on my neck, around my eyes and last year I had a spot on my hair line. I thought this was just a bad case of dandruff, but I will be seeing a doctor about it asap
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 6th January 2010, 10:49 pm

loveself247 wrote:@blondie...thank you and I will...I have excema too but it only flares up every blue moon and its always on my neck, around my eyes and last year I had a spot on my hair line. I thought this was just a bad case of dandruff, but I will be seeing a doctor about it asap

That's great to hear! So I guess I don't have to make a road trip to make sure you go!! Razz
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 7th January 2010, 2:23 am

@blondie...LMAO,,,nope,,,you won't, I will personally make sure I touch basis with you regarding this matter. I will have a full report for you...lol..
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 7th January 2010, 2:36 am

Thank you! I appreciate that! I'm curious to see if you'll have any of the same treatments I received.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 7th January 2010, 2:41 am

@blondie..I just know it only does this at certain times of the year..typically when its cold outside ya know.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 7th January 2010, 10:35 pm

@loveself 247- I know what you men, for me personally and a couple other ex coworkers, our excema flared up when it got cold...dried our skin out.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 7th January 2010, 11:10 pm

@blondie..right. girl. I had a small patch come up right in the middle of my hair line last year. I tried so hard no to scratch because I didn't want to scar or damage the surface and risk ending up with a bald patch..lol
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 7th January 2010, 11:11 pm

I was the same way!!!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 14th January 2010, 3:07 pm

loveself247 wrote:Ok ladies I have been having this problem for a couple years now, on and off. My scalp starts out itching like crazy and then it starts to peel REALLY bad along my hair hair line going towards my crown. I can take a comb and scratch my scalp and then skin peels off in such large portions that I have to take the comb to get the skin off my scalp and through my hair. Sound pretty disgusting but I can't seem to rid this condition. I haven't applied any different products or anything. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the weather. I have only noticed this issue during the time of year when it's cool/cold. Is there anyone else who suffers from this?

How is your scalp doing?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 14th January 2010, 8:02 pm

@Phoenix....about the same,,,,not as bad but not better either. Waiting to get in to see dermatologist...Thank you sooooooooo much for asking.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 15th January 2010, 12:31 pm

No problem! I think I'm going to try using coconut oil regularly and Neem to pre-poo because I really do not want to rely on medication or prescribed shampoos and creams that dry my hair out something fierce.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 15th January 2010, 7:58 pm

@phoenix...I know right. I have been oiling my scalp with my essential oils...peppermint, lavender, orange, jojoba, sweet almond oil and coconut oil three times a week rather than once and that has helped a bit. I have notice any more peeling since I last washed it Monday....and today it's still good. I will still let the dermatologist take a look. I will let you know what happens...
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 16th January 2010, 11:04 pm

I have the same problem and I have eczema also. It only flares up in my scalp when I don't oil it regularly. I have one little scaly patch in the front right now, so I need to get back to my oils!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down