CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My scalp

4 posters

Go down

My scalp Empty My scalp

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd April 2010, 4:22 am

I've noticed I've been having issues with dry hair when wearing extensions. I try moisturizing and taking all kinds of advice on what to do. I made a mix one time consisting of oil mixtures (Coconut,EVOO, Peppermint, Tea tree, Vitamin E) with little water. I sprayed it through my hair I notice my hair was still very dry and flaking. I wrote about it on here and they explained that I maybe needed to add some more water (did that and nothing change). I braided my hair around a week ago and brought a moisturizer http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/img/HairSisters.gif . I spritzed that in my hair, then added some coconut oil to help seal in the moisture. My hair was FLAKE CITY. I decided to make another mix but this time 25% oil and the water. Spritzed that in my hair and it was still dry. Tried it one more time, but sealed with coconut oil. It didn't look dry afterwards, but I took a scratch of my head and it was flakes all over. What do you think is going on? I no longer think I am going to use oils on my direct scalp, instead I will use them in my condish. I already add EVOO to my condish and it works great. I am going to add the EVOO on my hair and ends, but I will focus the peppermint oil and tea tree on my scalp.

New reg:
Moisturize daily
Co wash every Wednesdays with oils
Co wash on Sat or Sunday (going to figure a day) with clarifying condish then deep condish (thinking of adding EVOO with deep condish)
Rinse hair with black soap every 2 weeks.

I'm trying to make it as simple as possible. I will add oils (coconut oil, EVOO, considering wheat germ) to my shea mixes, but wont be adding it to my hair. I hope this work. *crossing fingers*
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

My scalp Empty Re: My scalp

Post by lumii 2nd April 2010, 11:08 am

I also had the same problem before
I always had braids and at the beginning I always moisturized it, but then I gave up because it ended up still being dry
Really don't know the cause but I've just stopped the braids for now
Unfortunately I can't help you out but if you have a solution would be glad if you could tell me Smile
Maybe I'll start with the braids again
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd April 2010, 11:22 am

I'm not sure about the black soap. I've tried using it on my face and found it very drying and irritating. You may want to use an ACV rinse instead. Do this as your final rinse. I clarify monthly with a tabelspoon of baking soda added to my conditioner and I always do ACV rinses because I too suffer from a dry scalp.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd April 2010, 2:11 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:I'm not sure about the black soap. I've tried using it on my face and found it very drying and irritating. You may want to use an ACV rinse instead. Do this as your final rinse. I clarify monthly with a tabelspoon of baking soda added to my conditioner and I always do ACV rinses because I too suffer from a dry scalp.

I know black soap could be very drying on the face, but it works well on my hair. The last time I put baking soda in my condish my hair was falling out.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd April 2010, 2:15 pm

lumii wrote:I also had the same problem before
I always had braids and at the beginning I always moisturized it, but then I gave up because it ended up still being dry
Really don't know the cause but I've just stopped the braids for now
Unfortunately I can't help you out but if you have a solution would be glad if you could tell me Smile
Maybe I'll start with the braids again

Okay I'll try to figure out something.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd April 2010, 2:59 pm

I saw that you said that your were going to focus the peppermint and tea tree on your scalp. Just be sure you dilute them in a carrier oil. Those cannot be applied directly to the scalp. I sort of did that once and it was a [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] experience.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd April 2010, 3:44 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I saw that you said that your were going to focus the peppermint and tea tree on your scalp. Just be sure you dilute them in a carrier oil. Those cannot be applied directly to the scalp. I sort of did that once and it was a [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] experience.

Oh okay thanks Smile. I will dilute it with the evoo. So I guess I will add the evoo, peppermint and tea tree to my scalp while focusing the evoo on my ends.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down