CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Scalp!!

4 posters

Go down

Dry Scalp!! Empty Dry Scalp!!

Post by missqueenlene 11th May 2010, 3:58 pm

I've been having crazy dandruff coming out of my scalp. I've been transitioning for 6 months and this never happened to me when I was still relaxing. What do you ladies use on your scalps and how do you apply it? Ive read contrasting suggestions, can I put olive oil on my scalp?
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Dry Scalp!! Empty Re: Dry Scalp!!

Post by BajanPrincess82 11th May 2010, 4:50 pm

I'm using olive oil for my eczema and its really helping. You could try it.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 11th May 2010, 5:51 pm

You can put olive oil on your scalp; i use the same olive oil that i cook with. i put it in my scalp sometimes after i wash it, to seal in moisture. i mix olive oil and water sometimes to make a setting lotion for the rest of my hair. straight plain olive oil on my hair , no water added, makes it hard sometimes.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 11th May 2010, 5:54 pm

how do you apply it....hmm...definitely sometimes end up with a greasy floor fill of oil!! still fine tuning the 'applying it' part.

sometimes i put it in a plastic bag adn cut the corner off, then drip it all over my head. the stuff drips out of the corner ; make a tiny tiny cut so only a little triangle is gone. the same way you could ice a cake with pretty icing with a baggy.

i tried to move up a bit and buy some color application bottles from the store, and use those for my oil/water mixture. i'm nervous about teh tip of hte bottle touching my hair though, since it seems a bit rough!! i might need a different bottle.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 11th May 2010, 7:16 pm

I apply mine by using an old hot oil treatment bottle. It works great! I just keep refilling it, and it doesn't get the oil all over my face.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by missqueenlene 11th May 2010, 9:04 pm

Thanks so much, I'll try this soon!
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 12th May 2010, 1:00 pm

You could try washing with diluted Head and Shoulders, SelsunBlue or any other shampoo that is formulated for dry, itchy scalps. I use KeraCare's version but I dilute with H2O and apply it with a spray bottle concentrating on my scalp. I also prepoo, with my baggytreatment of either a DC or olive oil and conditioner. Lastly, I do an ACV rinse as a final rinse after my cowashes to restore my the pH level and remove any excess buildup.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down