CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Gel

+45
C.
Armywife
BlondeByDesire
sewiknittoo
TMS
KreyolKatt
HADARAH
LadyMika
bambiix2
envizionj
chocolate-kinks
BajanPrincess82
Tierra
naturalhonney
cocoachanel
SpoiledMamaCurls
SisterBoyd
AFRICANEXPORT
Corygentri
Veela
curleebrown
Miss BL
LearninToLove
jerseygirl1977
NaturallyLovely
naturallyKey
Juices-n-Berries
BlakButterfli
Mrs.ATLien
lovesunshine17
svrbrownsuga
.:Eden:.
brwnbarbie24
p_nuttie43
CurlsGalore
lexi1
BreezyBaby
hippychic
Blackbeauty
GrowingThere
so1913
savvybrown
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
Pinkrage
49 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Eco Styler Gel - Page 4 Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel

Post by Veela 24th February 2010, 10:47 am

BTW, my new avatar now is a 3 day old wash n go.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th February 2010, 10:52 am

curleebrown wrote:For those having trouble with ecostyler try these tips:

1.) Before applying ecostyler, really saturate your hair with your leave-in, cond, moisturizer, etc. I apply my leave-in all over, and then I flip my hair over to make sure to get the back of my hair as well.

2.) I mix about 1/2 palm size amount of ecostyler with olive oil (or pick the oil of your choice) and my leave-in at the moment. I really don't measure the oil or the leave-in that I use. This will prevent you from using too much of the gel. Mix it all together and apply it to your hair.

3.) If doing twist-outs/braid-outs, once hair is completely dry. Untwist with the oil or butter of your choice. I unravel my braidouts using avocado butter.

Hope this helps :-)

I'm trying to understand your steps here. Once you apply your leave-in Step 1 - you then proceed to apply ecostyler with olive oil and MORE leave in? That's where I'm confused? So you are applying more leave-in in addition to what you've already applied in Step 1.

Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 24th February 2010, 11:44 am

I use the blue one for color treated hair. I mix different oils with my blue eco styler and make a custard. I use this for a twist out. My twist are really defined. After I finishing twisting I put my shea butter mixture on my hair for softness. I hope this helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 24th February 2010, 11:53 am

Ok, looks like my previous post dissappeared on me. I was saying I only use the Ecostyler on my wash n go's. When I use it, I put the leave in on first, then run the shower water back over my hair to get my hair all swooshy. I then proceed to apply the Ecostyler in sections. After applying it all over, I run my head back under the shower so it will blend in well. After this step, I then squeeze out the extra water and plunk with a t-shirt. I leave the t-shirt on for about 30 mins while I finish showering, dry off and get dressed.

I just started using aubrey organics in my hair as a leave in. I noticed the first time I used it I had flakey hair. Really, really bad. I've since realized that this only happens if I use too much. Aubrey is really thick and less is more. This is the same when I use Deva Care as a leave in. If I use too much, it not only flakes, but also leaves my hair dull looking with a film. However, when I was doing my wash n go's with aussie moist as a leave in, more is less. I would really pile the aussie on and the more I used, the better it looked it seems.

So, I find that I have to play with the amounts of my leave in to see how to get the best results. What works with one brand my be the opposite for another.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th February 2010, 3:13 pm

@ KreyolKatt - Thanks for the compliment.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th February 2010, 3:15 pm

I haven't found the blue one yet for color treated hair...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sewiknittoo 24th February 2010, 3:28 pm

KreyolKatt wrote:naturalhonney- anything sold in a tub( gel, ice cream) is alright with me!

Thanks TMS. You look gorgeous in your avatar.

sewiknittoo- I didn't get any flakes (yet). It's propbably just out of luck for me Smile For me, I applied it to wet hair over my leave in. Then sealed the ends with coconut oil. When I was done, some twists were a little white, but it dried clear. Hope that helped Smile

what conditioner do you use underneath?
sewiknittoo
sewiknittoo

http://alnaturalhair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th February 2010, 3:42 pm

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 24th February 2010, 5:27 pm

sewiknittoo wrote:
KreyolKatt wrote:naturalhonney- anything sold in a tub( gel, ice cream) is alright with me!

sewiknittoo- I didn't get any flakes (yet). It's propbably just out of luck for me Smile For me, I applied it to wet hair over my leave in. Then sealed the ends with coconut oil. When I was done, some twists were a little white, but it dried clear. Hope that helped Smile

Sewiknittoo, I used Giovanni Direct-Leave in underneath. It's been about about 5 days and the twists still look nice. I work out everyday and sweat alot, so right before I hop in the shower, I take about 5 minutes to spray my hair with my spray bottle ( Water( mostly), Giovanni Leave In, Rosemary EO, and olive oil), and re-twist just the front ( I'm lazy and the twists were medium sized to bgein with, so the crown doesn't take much time) and seal the ends with coconut oil again. I don't use gel again though ( haven't needed to, they hold pretty well by just retwisting) The next morning I take out the twists and do it all again. I plan on doing the whole process ( DC/EVOO, Twist w/ Eco) again this weekend and I'll let you know if it was just a fluke Smile
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 24th February 2010, 8:19 pm

[img:e047]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]Okay Ladies...I agree with you all on the EcoStyler Olive Oil Styling Gel. I finally got the opportunity to give it a try and I really like it.

I use it for my wash n Go (gets 4-5 day hair). It is not drying, provides a sheen to the hair, dries fast a bit hard but I can deal with it, I also have to underline it with coconut oil so it will not flake. But over all I give it an AWESOME!!!

I also use the Original (my own mix) for my twists (gets 5-7 day hair) and twist outs (gets 3-4 day hair). This I can not use alone it has to be used in my twists mix.
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th February 2010, 8:46 pm

Hello Ladies - Eco Styler Gel (Olive, Blue, Yellow, etc.) on sale at Sally's Beauty Supply for $2.99 (at least in California) until the end of this month!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 24th February 2010, 10:20 pm

NaturallyLovely I love it! I like the beads in your hair going to steal that idea lol How long does it take you to dry? b/c for me I need a day and a half and I prefer to air dry with it only using the blow dryer if I need to get out the house in a hurry.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 28th February 2010, 11:46 pm

naturalhonney wrote:NaturallyLovely I love it! I like the beads in your hair going to steal that idea lol How long does it take you to dry? b/c for me I need a day and a half and I prefer to air dry with it only using the blow dryer if I need to get out the house in a hurry.

Hi NaturalHonney, thank you....it take my hair 1-2 hours to dry (if I am outside), (3-4) hours to dry indoors. But if I style my hair late at night I will use my hand dryer on very low heat (in ten minute spurts-air for 30 min, then back to dryer, until dry).

You can get the wooden beads at Sally's for 1.59 (15 per pack).
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd March 2010, 4:00 pm

i know this is late, but you can get the green (olive oil) ecostyler for $2.99 at CVS. I had been looking for this stuff ever since it was suggested to me on CN (i wanted to try the ic fantasia & was advised against it). its a 12 oz size jar with a 10 hold (max)

also, i think its cute how LOVE and PRIDE are listed eith the ingredients [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd March 2010, 4:00 pm

*with

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by diva5757 4th March 2010, 3:28 am

ECO Styler Gel is on sale at Sally's Beauty Supply in store and online for 2.99 until the end of March. So if you are in the trying mood now is the time to try any of the different ones...if you don't like product swap it. Happy curls Wink
diva5757
diva5757

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th March 2010, 11:24 am

I'll have to make a stop at Sally's this weekend.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th March 2010, 12:27 am

I just started using this product after watching a MahoganyCurls youtube video where she talked about it. I try most of the stuff she recommends in her videos, especially the ones on TWA's since I just BC'd and want my hair to start off healthy and also look cute.

Anyhoo, I found my ecostyler gel at CVS. I used it for the first time today. Not sure just yet. I will have to use it a couple more times to get it just right and see how I like it. I co-washed this am and conditioned. Then I applied TIGI Moisture Maniac as my leave in, jojoba oil and then gel. Wait, it may have been the gel and then oil. I am getting old cause I can't remember it and it was just this morning...LOL! Maybe I am tired...yeah that must be it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Should I do the condish, gel and then oil or condish, oil, then gel.

I am trying to figure out how much to use. I am doing a wash and go on my TWA and let it dry on the hour drive into the office. I am just not sure about the ratio. My hair was a little white after putting everything in but dried okay. Also, should I rake it through with my fingers or just scrunch it. Trying to see what others have had success with. I do like the consistency of the gel though and price.

Thanks!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 6th March 2010, 9:19 pm

i've only used the green one. I do my twistouts with it. but I have to use some kind of moisturiser under it to keep my hair from drying out. I love the way my twists turned out but after useing it for a while my hair started looking dry. so now I just use it to slick my edges down along with a little lets jam gel and it makes beautiful waves along my hairline.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 7th March 2010, 12:11 am

I don't think I will be keeping the EcoStyler as part of my regular rotation. I will stick to the Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel. I saturated my hair this am with water and then ran my fingers through it. When I looked in the mirror I had little white flakes everywhere. I was just trying to revive my hair from the previous day. I co-washed and did my normal thing and the HE gel worked better.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 7th March 2010, 10:23 pm

I used the green EcoStyler gel this morning and I LOVE IT! I wet my hair and then applied KBB Vanilla Latte Hair Milk and castor oil followed by more water and a smidge of castor oil. The result a cute curly mini afro! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 8th April 2010, 6:53 pm

KreyolKatt wrote:
sewiknittoo wrote:

Sewiknittoo, I used Giovanni Direct-Leave in underneath. It's been about about 5 days and the twists still look nice. I work out everyday and sweat alot, so right before I hop in the shower, I take about 5 minutes to spray my hair with my spray bottle ( Water( mostly), Giovanni Leave In, Rosemary EO, and olive oil), and re-twist just the front ( I'm lazy and the twists were medium sized to bgein with, so the crown doesn't take much time) and seal the ends with coconut oil again. I don't use gel again though ( haven't needed to, they hold pretty well by just retwisting) The next morning I take out the twists and do it all again. I plan on doing the whole process ( DC/EVOO, Twist w/ Eco) again this weekend and I'll let you know if it was just a fluke Smile

Sorry to just be getting back to you! I use Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner!

This picture is 2nd day hair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 10th April 2010, 8:28 pm

I just bought a jar of the clear kind for .99 cents. I didn't know it was so popular. I just got it because it didn't have alcohol and it was so CHEAP. I haven't used it yet, but I hope it lives up to the hype! Smile
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4