CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Gel

+45
C.
Armywife
BlondeByDesire
sewiknittoo
TMS
KreyolKatt
HADARAH
LadyMika
bambiix2
envizionj
chocolate-kinks
BajanPrincess82
Tierra
naturalhonney
cocoachanel
SpoiledMamaCurls
SisterBoyd
AFRICANEXPORT
Corygentri
Veela
curleebrown
Miss BL
LearninToLove
jerseygirl1977
NaturallyLovely
naturallyKey
Juices-n-Berries
BlakButterfli
Mrs.ATLien
lovesunshine17
svrbrownsuga
.:Eden:.
brwnbarbie24
p_nuttie43
CurlsGalore
lexi1
BreezyBaby
hippychic
Blackbeauty
GrowingThere
so1913
savvybrown
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
Pinkrage
49 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eco Styler Gel - Page 2 Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel

Post by NaturallyLovely 27th December 2009, 7:34 pm

Hello Ladies,

I don't think it is a good idea to use EcoStyler Styling Gel as a daily use all over styling product. Check it out here...

If the video does not work use this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDUY3KaEi0c

Last edited by NaturallyLovely on 27th December 2009, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : video format incorrect.)
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygirl1977 31st December 2009, 4:08 pm

I used this gel 2x and I still hate it. I'm sticking with my IC gel. For some reason I still have it. I guess I hate throwing away products lol.
jerseygirl1977
jerseygirl1977

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 2nd January 2010, 5:29 pm

What's the IC gel? Are there any gels that are good for your hair?
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss BL 3rd January 2010, 3:18 pm

Great thread. I bought the olive oil, pink, and the clear one. However, I have not used them yet but plan to when I BC in March.
Miss BL
Miss BL

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 4th January 2010, 3:53 pm

I love this gel. The key for me was to make sure my hair was clarified before using this. Actually, as a side note: The ION Crystal Clarifying Treatment at Sally's is the bomb. Since incorporating this into my hair routine, my hair has gotten soften, more manageable, and my products work better. But back to the ecostyler...

I am currently using the clear one. I really make sure my hair is moisturized beforehand. If I do a really good moisturizing deep treatment and follow up with a leave in. I find that I only need to use the gel once a week. My hair stays curly without me having to rewet it every two minutes.

I also mix my gel with a little olive oil before application.
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 4th January 2010, 3:55 pm

Oh and one more thing. If your hair dries hard with this gel. Untwist with your favorite butter or oil. This is a very important step. But make sure your hair is completely dry. I usually untwist with avocado butter. If my hair was a little dry is some places, it instantly softens up. Hope this helps some of you guys :-)
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 4th January 2010, 5:15 pm

curleebrown wrote:I love this gel. The key for me was to make sure my hair was clarified before using this. Actually, as a side note: The ION Crystal Clarifying Treatment at Sally's is the bomb. Since incorporating this into my hair routine, my hair has gotten soften, more manageable, and my products work better. But back to the ecostyler...

I am currently using the clear one. I really make sure my hair is moisturized beforehand. If I do a really good moisturizing deep treatment and follow up with a leave in. I find that I only need to use the gel once a week. My hair stays curly without me having to rewet it every two minutes.

Oh, I'm going to check this out! Thanks for the info
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 4th January 2010, 5:50 pm

curleebrown wrote:I love this gel. The key for me was to make sure my hair was clarified before using this. Actually, as a side note: The ION Crystal Clarifying Treatment at Sally's is the bomb. Since incorporating this into my hair routine, my hair has gotten soften, more manageable, and my products work better. But back to the ecostyler...

Luv your tips, I will definitely be giving these a try!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another question for you, Do you find that with weekly use of this product that it begins to dry your hair out?
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 5th January 2010, 1:39 pm

Hi guys, I big chopped April of 2009 and I started using Ecostyler for my wash and go's. Love, love, love. The key for me was using a good heavy conditioner underneath and making sure it's soppy wet before and during application. The first few weeks of use, I had gorgeous, shiny curls. Over time of continued use, I noticed my hair began to be more and more crispy and dry looking.

I used it for just about the whole summer, and I found out that I couldn't use it continually like that. I have to give it a break. Now I only use it about once every 1-2 months. If I use it without a break, it dries my hair out something horrible. I don't know if it's the build up of protein? I've heard several curlies say they are protein sensitive. So now I use Kinky Curly knot today and curling custard for my wash n go's. The only set back is by it being cold right now, I have to use the KCCC on a day when I don't have to go anywhere to allow it to air dry.

If I just need a quick hairdo, I use the Ecostyler and sit under my hooded hair dryer for about 20 mins, then use my hand held blow dryer with diffuser.

To me, the Ecostyler is like using products with mineral oil and petroleum jelly in them. The results are not immediate. It's the long term use that tells the story.

I hope this helps.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 5th January 2010, 1:41 pm

Also, Ecostyler does not play well with some conditioners. It does good when I use Aussie Moist underneath, or Aubrey Organics. But this last time I used Devacare one underneath, flakey results.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 5th January 2010, 3:25 pm

I used the green one on some twists this week and I loved it - but I also untwisted with coconut oil and had HE TT underneath as a leave in. I also did not use a lot on damp hair to twist and it turned out great. I have also used the yellow and had good results with it as well.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 5th January 2010, 3:59 pm

Veela wrote:Hi guys, I big chopped April of 2009 and I started using Ecostyler for my wash and go's. Love, love, love. The key for me was using a good heavy conditioner underneath and making sure it's soppy wet before and during application. The first few weeks of use, I had gorgeous, shiny curls. Over time of continued use, I noticed my hair began to be more and more crispy and dry looking.

I used it for just about the whole summer, and I found out that I couldn't use it continually like that. I have to give it a break. Now I only use it about once every 1-2 months. If I use it without a break, it dries my hair out something horrible. I don't know if it's the build up of protein? I've heard several curlies say they are protein sensitive. So now I use Kinky Curly knot today and curling custard for my wash n go's. The only set back is by it being cold right now, I have to use the KCCC on a day when I don't have to go anywhere to allow it to air dry.

If I just need a quick hairdo, I use the Ecostyler and sit under my hooded hair dryer for about 20 mins, then use my hand held blow dryer with diffuser.

To me, the Ecostyler is like using products with mineral oil and petroleum jelly in them. The results are not immediate. It's the long term use that tells the story.

I hope this helps.

@Veela- Thanks for the feedback. I normally use KCKT and KCCC but it can be a bit pricey, so I was trying to see if the Eco-Styler gel could be used as a substitute....but since my hair is protein sensitive and will dry out with a quickness [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ... I guess I will stick with the KCKT and KCCC.

Also as you mentioned since it take so long to dry, in the winter I normally end up sitting under an overhead dryer. . .
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 5th January 2010, 4:12 pm

Sure ATlien, do u use heat to dry your hair with the KCCC? I tried once, but it fluffed like cotton. The curls were there, but not as defined as when I air dry.

How does your hair turn out afterwards?
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 5th January 2010, 5:23 pm

Veela wrote:Sure ATlien, do u use heat to dry your hair with the KCCC? I tried once, but it fluffed like cotton. The curls were there, but not as defined as when I air dry.

How does your hair turn out afterwards?

Yes, I sit under my Pibbs overhead dryer for 30-40 minutes. My curls are normally defined however by the 3rd or 4th day my hair starts to look a bit fluffy. . .and my hair never does that when I air dry.. . .When I air dry my hair normally stays defined 5 or more days. . .

Hope this helps
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by AFRICANEXPORT 5th January 2010, 6:37 pm

I like the Olive Oil one. Gives great definition for the 4a curls.

AFRICANEXPORT

https://www.youtube.com/user/AFRICANEXPORT

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 5th January 2010, 7:09 pm

@ Mrs.Atlien- I haven't experienced and excessive dryness from using it continually. But then again, it's only been about a month and half that I have been doing it. I really stay up on moisturizing the hair. But I would think that if excessive dryness started to occur, you could switch it with another gel or just use conditioner only method for twistouts.
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 5th January 2010, 7:10 pm

@so1913 you're welcome and if you do decide to purchase, let us know how it turns out :-)
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 5th January 2010, 7:12 pm

I keep posting and then forgetting to add stuff. So one more thing. If you guys are interested in the ION Crystal Clarifying Treatment, it can be found at Sally's. It's supposed to be comparable to the Malibu Treatment. It's located in a little purple packet, with all of the other ION stuff. It's a powder form and when you mix it with warm water, it turns into a light gel. It's about $2 and change.
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 6th January 2010, 10:47 am

@curleebrown, I may try this clarifying treatment. Thanks for the info, I'm starting to wonder if that may resolve my flakes. This new avatar is my ecostyler wash n go that I did 3 days a go with the devacare one underneath.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 6th January 2010, 4:33 pm

curleebrown wrote:@so1913 you're welcome and if you do decide to purchase, let us know how it turns out :-)

I will let you know how it turns out! I purchased it this week and will probably try it out by sometime this weekend Smile
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 7th January 2010, 6:06 am

I use the clear one and I use my mix of glycerin and aloe underneath it. Also, I use it for my edges and I always put some type of moisturizer or oil on my edges first. With both I haven't had any problems with cruchiness.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SpoiledMamaCurls 7th January 2010, 11:32 am

Hi All!

New to this site but loving it, transitioned for 9 months, BC'd 2 months ago.

Question... where do I find the "product swap" that was mentioned? I have stuff I've bought, didn't like the results and would LOVE to unload it for something else. Help!!!

Another question: I bought the clear Eco, I am not sure if I used too much on my damp co-washed hair because if just sat there on TOP of my hair,it doesn't seem to absorb and give me curl definition at all ... Am I putting in too much? Should I do it in smaller sections? I don't just want to rock a wet gel helmet...lol

Lastly, what goes Aloe Vera Gel do? I was gonna buy some last week at Trader Joes. I picked it up and put it back (I remembered reading about other naturals using but wasn't sure of the benefits or application process) Any one know?

Oh yeah sorry, what does every one think about Cantu Shea Butter? My hair seems to like it for twist outs, bantu knots but not wash n gos...
SpoiledMamaCurls
SpoiledMamaCurls

http://www.ardysslife.com/spoiledmamasbodies

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 7th January 2010, 3:27 pm

Here are some videos that might help...
https://www.youtube.com/user/lia81#p/u/5/d-SIrvkHtuM

https://www.youtube.com/user/lia81#p/u/4/IFp_fOSWPWg

https://www.youtube.com/user/lia81#p/u/36/gg8sJ5UKa_k

There are other videos on these topics, but here is a start. Hope this helps.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 10th January 2010, 7:58 pm

I've tried the clear one and the brown one. My hair likes the clear one but not the brown one. I'd like to try the green one one day but I haven't seen it in stores.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 10th January 2010, 8:58 pm

I use the Olive oil one (green) It works grrrreat for my curls are REALLY defined and I always use a leave in under it. After my hair dries I run Carols Daughter hair milk through it and I get 6-7 day hair!! I love this stuff!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next