CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Gel

+45
C.
Armywife
BlondeByDesire
sewiknittoo
TMS
KreyolKatt
HADARAH
LadyMika
bambiix2
envizionj
chocolate-kinks
BajanPrincess82
Tierra
naturalhonney
cocoachanel
SpoiledMamaCurls
SisterBoyd
AFRICANEXPORT
Corygentri
Veela
curleebrown
Miss BL
LearninToLove
jerseygirl1977
NaturallyLovely
naturallyKey
Juices-n-Berries
BlakButterfli
Mrs.ATLien
lovesunshine17
svrbrownsuga
.:Eden:.
brwnbarbie24
p_nuttie43
CurlsGalore
lexi1
BreezyBaby
hippychic
Blackbeauty
GrowingThere
so1913
savvybrown
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
Pinkrage
49 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eco Styler Gel - Page 3 Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel

Post by Tierra 11th January 2010, 11:07 pm

i think you should use the eco styler olive oil
Tierra
Tierra

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 12th January 2010, 3:30 pm

The clear Eco Styler is awesome! I also have the yellow jar and it shingles very well for me. Then again, I've only used gel on my entire head once. It didn't leave my hair feeling dry or crunchy and my curls really popped. Not really a gel fan, but I'll use it every once and awhile.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 12th January 2010, 10:23 pm

I just bought the olive oil gel. I haven't even gotten to use it yet and the container rolled on the floor and broke [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th January 2010, 12:25 am

I tried Ecostyler clear gel for the first time today and I don't like it. I was looking for my usual Fantasia IC Aloe Vera gel, but the store didn't have it and I was in a rush. I bought a small tub of the Ecostyler gel since I heard all of the rave reviews about it. It is just not for me...guess I'll try to swap that with someone. It took too long to dry and left my hair feeling hard.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 13th January 2010, 6:16 am

NaturallyLovely wrote:Hello Ladies,

I don't think it is a good idea to use EcoStyler Styling Gel as a daily use all over styling product. Check it out here...

If the video does not work use this link: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDUY3KaEi0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDUY3KaEi0c[/quote[/url]]

I agree 100%. I use to use this gel in my hair almost everyday. It worked great for my braid outs, because I cant do a W&G because my hair is sooooo multitextured. It made my hear look great, but it caused flaking and totally dried out my hair. I kept doing it because I liked the results, but my hair was extremely dry and I had to add back in the moisture. I also noticed after I stopped using it, my hair began growing extremely faster.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 13th January 2010, 7:46 pm

I gave up using the Eco Styler Olive Oil gel for now. I washed, conditioned and applied a dime sized amount after I saturated my hair with my butter mix -- (unrefined shea butter, unrefined coconut oil, mango butter, a few drops of black Jamaican castor oil, and Nature's Blessings pomade) weekly for about a month and a 1/2. My twist outs were defined, but dry. I also noticed whenever I washed my hair, that a lot of hair was falling out in the shower and my hair started to thin out as well. Since I stopped using it, I'm not experiencing a lot of hair breakage and my hair has more sheen. I change up my hair mixtures often. This week I have my hair saturated with unrefined shea butter that I applied to a twist out. My hair is super soft, has a lot of sheen as well as a lot of curl definition.
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by bambiix2 15th January 2010, 1:46 am

wow that's weird .. this gel never left my hair dry ... I use it about 3 times a week ...and I lovvit !
bambiix2
bambiix2

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 15th January 2010, 3:54 pm

I want to find the blue one for color treated hair...I may venture out this weekend to try find it in Paterson.
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 17th January 2010, 10:32 am

For those having trouble with ecostyler try these tips:

1.) Before applying ecostyler, really saturate your hair with your leave-in, cond, moisturizer, etc. I apply my leave-in all over, and then I flip my hair over to make sure to get the back of my hair as well.

2.) I mix about 1/2 palm size amount of ecostyler with olive oil (or pick the oil of your choice) and my leave-in at the moment. I really don't measure the oil or the leave-in that I use. This will prevent you from using too much of the gel. Mix it all together and apply it to your hair.

3.) If doing twist-outs/braid-outs, once hair is completely dry. Untwist with the oil or butter of your choice. I unravel my braidouts using avocado butter.

Hope this helps :-)
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 17th January 2010, 10:09 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I tried Ecostyler clear gel for the first time today and I don't like it. I was looking for my usual Fantasia IC Aloe Vera gel, but the store didn't have it and I was in a rush. I bought a small tub of the Ecostyler gel since I heard all of the rave reviews about it. It is just not for me...guess I'll try to swap that with someone. It took too long to dry and left my hair feeling hard.

I agree with you it does take a loooong time for the hair to dry(I use the green olive oil)I let air dry for a day and a half but if going out I speed up the process with a blow dryer. To combat the hardness just run a light creamy moisturizer through your hair once its dry, in addition to that you can take a hot steamy shower(hair uncovered of course) this losens up the curl a bit as my curls are really tight after my hair is dry and it helps in softening the curls. This avatar is me with 5 day hair using the Ecostyler Olive OIL Gel (green)

Last edited by naturalhonney on 17th January 2010, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding info)
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 18th January 2010, 4:26 am

I found the "blue" and "yellow" one's to try. The yellow has a hold of "8" and says good for thermal styling, twists and braids. The "blue" has a hold of "5" and is forumlated for color treated hair with sunscreen. Feel wise, the blue one feels thinner and lighter in consistency to the regular "krystal" clear one and Olive Oil formulas which both have a hold of "10".
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 18th January 2010, 11:56 pm

I have a massive tub of the pink gel (contains tea tree oil for the itchies--which I don't really get), which remains untouched because I'm wearing yarn braids at the moment. But, it has hold of 8 if I'm not mistaken, and I used it for my wash and go's when my hair was out. I like the definition, but I'm still searching for a good leave-in to combat the crunchiness.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 25th January 2010, 1:23 am

I tried something new with my echostyler olive gel tonight! I took some out and mixed eevo and jojoba oil in it to see if I get less crunchy hair when it dries. Adding the two oils made the texture thicker so I was a little worried at first but didn't make any difference when I applied it to my hair. Just want to see if I get a different result by adding additional oil.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by HADARAH 26th January 2010, 5:10 pm

Tried the Olive Oil one...I think it's maximum hold and that's too much for me...too much crunch.

I've also used the brown one which I like much better. Softer hold, but defines my curls just the same.
HADARAH
HADARAH

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 7:29 pm

naturalhonney wrote:I tried something new with my echostyler olive gel tonight! I took some out and mixed eevo and jojoba oil in it to see if I get less crunchy hair when it dries. Adding the two oils made the texture thicker so I was a little worried at first but didn't make any difference when I applied it to my hair. Just want to see if I get a different result by adding additional oil.

The results I got from doing the above made little difference still needed to add moisturizer after hair dried!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 7:33 pm

@Hadarah how long does your hair last from one application of using the brown gel? Is it echo styler gel? I never seen it in brown!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 26th January 2010, 7:35 pm

The first one I tried was brown. I liked it be switched to pink because it says anti itch. But it did fine.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by HADARAH 26th January 2010, 11:00 pm

The brown holds just fine...second day curls and everything. It comes in a black container with a white cover. It says for natural hair, waves, softer styles (or something to that effect on the jar).

A girlfriend of mine turned me on to it when I first stoped perming my hair. It works better for me than the other Eco Styler formulas.
HADARAH
HADARAH

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 24th February 2010, 12:23 am

I used Eco Styler gel ( the green one) for my last twist out. It was my first time using it ( I just switched from Fantasia- not enough hold). I was kind of scared b/c it was sooooo thick. BUT I was pleased-just the right amount of hold, great definition, nice shine and bounce. I'm sold Smile
( and the price was right for that huge tub-o-gel)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by KreyolKatt on 24th February 2010, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 24th February 2010, 12:29 am

Good info I never used Eco Styler Gel for a twist out and I'm so happy about that big tub! lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th February 2010, 2:24 am

KreyolKatt - Your twist-out is beautiful.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by sewiknittoo 24th February 2010, 4:07 am

Does the Eco Styler Gel flake on anyone I used it the other day and had flakes galore...any tips or is there something I'm not doing right when I apply this to my hair?
sewiknittoo
sewiknittoo

http://alnaturalhair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 24th February 2010, 9:19 am

naturalhonney- anything sold in a tub( gel, ice cream) is alright with me!

Thanks TMS. You look gorgeous in your avatar.

sewiknittoo- I didn't get any flakes (yet). It's propbably just out of luck for me Smile For me, I applied it to wet hair over my leave in. Then sealed the ends with coconut oil. When I was done, some twists were a little white, but it dried clear. Hope that helped Smile
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 24th February 2010, 9:59 am

sewiknittoo wrote:Does the Eco Styler Gel flake on anyone I used it the other day and had flakes galore...any tips or is there something I'm not doing right when I apply this to my hair?

I have this same issue. I heard some people add a little conditioner with it, but I notice it doesnt mix well. Well at least in my opinion.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 24th February 2010, 10:06 am

I only use the Ecostyler with wash n go's. The flakes all depends on what conditioner I use with it. I find the best mix for me is Aussie Moist and Ecostyler. And after I add the conditioner, I let the water run back over my hair quickly to get it all good and smooshy before adding the gel. After adding the gel, I let the water run back through my hair again just to get it to blend in better. Then I squeeze the excess water out and plunk with a t-shirt.

Once I did try the ecostyler on a wash and go with aubrey organics underneath resulting in flakes, flakes, and more flakes.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next