CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eco styler gel

+7
queenshakirah
laleepop14
Sebastain13
BajanPrincess82
freckledmom4
Keisha
Stephy0306
11 posters

Go down

eco styler gel Empty eco styler gel

Post by Stephy0306 3rd November 2010, 9:13 pm

Is it just me because i do not like the eco styler gel. It makes my hair hard and i dont find it to be conditioning and it drys out my hair. i started using Lets Jam by soft carson and its way more conditioning and keeps my hair soft with some hold as well.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

eco styler gel Empty Re: eco styler gel

Post by Keisha 4th November 2010, 2:58 am

its not just you. i recently started using the eco styler gel with olive oil. it provides great hold but when it dries, boy oh boy does it dry... i just take the good with the bad.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th November 2010, 10:20 am

Be careful with the Jam because even though it seems like your hair is being conditioned, it contains a lot of mineral oil which blocks out moisture. I used to use this on my daughters hair and over time here edges became weak and dry because the mineral oil was preventing her hair from taking in moisture.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 4th November 2010, 10:41 am

I hate the green ecostyler gel! I bought a huge tub of it and I'm trying to use it up but I'm often temped to throw it out. The clear ecostyler is so much better! It doesn't leave my hair hard and dry like the green one. That is odd b/c the green one is supposed to have olive oil in it, but I can't tell. I prefer the clear one or Fantasia IC Aloe Vera Gel. The only problem with the Fantasia gel is that it doesn't always mix well with other products (mainly my shea butter mix).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 4th November 2010, 1:06 pm

I just went out and bought the jam it always seemed to work good for my hair before i transitioned and i find that i do not like alot of the natural products. I guess because im so used to the products that are for perm hair. My hair u cant even tell im transitioning, my god lol i cant wait to some mroe new growth comes in. u see the new growth but theres alot more perm hair.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 4th November 2010, 1:11 pm

O but with the jam i first use Olive oil root stimulator the tea tree cream to moisturize my hair then slick my hair back with the lets jam into a bun. I think this week im going to give my hair a break from this bun and do a braid out later on this week.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 4th November 2010, 1:44 pm

When using the Eco styler gel w/olive oil add some olive oil to it as well as some other essential oils & it doesnt dry as hard/crunchy I used it w/essential oils added to some coils I had done and it wasnt hard at all
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 4th November 2010, 3:10 pm

I guess it all depends. My hair absolutely loves Eco Styler Gel, and it doesnt leave my hair hard at all. Makes it actually sort of soft... Guess thats why this journey is all about trial and error...I only use it for my edges though when I am wearing my puffs. Have never tried it as a curl defining product ..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 4th November 2010, 3:38 pm

I just bought some for the first time today bc I kept hearing rave reviews. What I find funny is that olive oil is nowhere to be found in the ingredients...
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 4th November 2010, 5:55 pm

My hair hated it!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 4th November 2010, 6:18 pm

yeah not a big fan of eco styler gel myself. think im going to come out my pockets and get the deva chan arc angel
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit 4th November 2010, 6:55 pm

I tried it and it made my hair rock hard. I'm loving my flax seed gel though!
suqiit
suqiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 4th November 2010, 8:23 pm

I'm still transitioning so I've used it on my edges and to slick back my hair for a wet bun. But I think it could also depend on what you use underneath it, when I used it w/just water and gel my hair came out pretty hard. But when I went a little easy on the gel and used more product underneath, my hair came out a lot softer (not soft but not as hard). But I guess the real test will come if I try it with a wash n go.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down