CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hair growth while transitioning

+3
Treece
naturallyu
LCnewjourney
7 posters

Go down

hair growth while transitioning Empty hair growth while transitioning

Post by LCnewjourney 30th September 2010, 11:17 pm

For those of you that are transitioning, are you noticing that your hair is growing in length? I've been transitioning for 5 months and don't see too much change in length but my hair is definitely thicker. Does this mean that I'm not retaining length? I can see my curls at the roots so it's not an issue of growth...

But because I haven't seen a big change in length, I'm nervous that I'm not retaining my ends well! I have some breakage, but not a lot...mostly I'm shedding. So, I'd appreciate your input! Thanks!

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

hair growth while transitioning Empty Re: hair growth while transitioning

Post by naturallyu 1st October 2010, 12:06 am

I noticed both over time but I did notice the thickness of my hair first before I started seeing a lot of length. Also, sometimes you don't think your hair is growing but it really is. I had to take pictures to realize that my hair was really growing. For awhile I thought it was the same length until I started documenting with pictures and found out that my hair really was growing. For me the thickness was the first thing I noticed followed by the length.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 3rd October 2010, 3:42 pm

I didn't notice any length until I flat-ironed it. I thought my hair was breaking as much as it was growing, but now my hair is longer than it was when I got regular relaxers. Stretch your hair and see if you notice a difference, I'm sure pictures help too. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 6th October 2010, 1:11 am

You probably are retaining length but don't watch for it because it's discouraging. Once I turned my focus away from my hair growing and toward what I was using in my hair, and creating a routine.. I started experimenting with different oils and mixes and totally forgot to check for growth. I was so caught up on what would keep my hair healthy, and not to mention trying out new styles! I've been transitioning for 11 months and it's a turtle race looking for growth so taking pic's is a great suggestion. Good luck sunny
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 6th October 2010, 12:58 pm

Ha, if I worried about length I'd be in some trouble! I thought my hair grew fast, but that I wasn't retaining length because of the relaxers. Now that I'm transitioning, I think I was wrong about how fast it grows.

I just wanted to make sure that not noticing length is normal while transitioning because the last thing I want is to not have healthy hair--that really is the whole purpose of it for me. I have gotten a little bit of breakage when styling (little hairs, so not at the demarcation line) so it worried me that I was doing something wrong. Thanks for all your comments!

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 6th October 2010, 2:00 pm

Although I know there is length, I'm noticing more thickness. I'm 7 months into my transition and I'm starting to get that sick pony syndrome because my new growth is so thick.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 6th October 2010, 2:10 pm

10 months in and I'm just starting to notice length. The thickness was the first thing I noticed (it's fuller now). To keep my mind off length, I keep my hair braided. Worrying about length will drive us all crazy.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 6th October 2010, 2:13 pm

I'm definitely noticing more thickness than length but my shed hairs show how long my new growth is so I'm still a happy camper Smile Check your shed hairs and i'm sure youll be surprised to see how long your NG is!
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down