CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth???

4 posters

Go down

Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth??? Empty Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth???

Post by LilyFlower8604 22nd March 2010, 4:52 pm

This may be super random, but am I the only one to see my nails growing and getting stronger since I began transitioning?

I think it may have something to do with the oils and natural products I touch with my hands and put in my hair. LOL, I may be imagining things, but it really seems like the two are going together.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth??? Empty Re: Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth???

Post by MsJay1121 22nd March 2010, 5:09 pm

LOL... funny... but I've been wondering this too!

I was watching a youtube video (kimmaytube to be exact), and she said that when your body is needing certain nutrients, it will forsake the health of your hair and nails to get what it needs.... so I know there's some connection...

maybe because hair loves moisture (water), nails do too? I've noticed since I've started wearing my hair in it's natural state again (3 1/2 months), my nails have been on point, and not breaking like they normally do! LOL
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth??? Empty Re: Nail Growth coincides with natural hair growth???

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd March 2010, 5:23 pm

My nails have been growing like crazy since I have started working out, eating better, and drinking more water.
They grew so long that they hurt and I actually just cut them all down this past weekend
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 22nd March 2010, 5:54 pm

That may be it too. If I remember correctly reading on this site that exercising and drinking water (all of which I started doing since transitioning) help promote healthy hair, which makes sense. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if that's also driving my nail growth/strength.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd March 2010, 11:54 pm

I havent change my eating, exercise patterns, or water drinking and my nails seem to be growing faster. I heard that our hair and nails were made out of the same. . .stuff (i forgot what its called) so i automatically assumed that they liked the same stuff. When i do my hair, the products in it make my nails shiny and prevents hangnails [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Idk if thats why but thats what it seems like. (also I just got a hangnail [the first in like a month] now that i have a hair style that i cant put my hands in) Is that just a coinkydink? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cherry: extraordinary!
Cherry: extraordinary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down