CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1

+4
Karameldiva1978
Deva_87
Muz
KeepingitKurly
8 posters

Go down

Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1 Empty Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1

Post by KeepingitKurly 20th March 2010, 8:59 pm

Ok... So i am new to the site... but i have read so many triumph stories here, i just had to join... I have been transitioing for just shy of 4 months... My last relaxer was NOvember 28th 2009... and I only have about one inch of growth thus far... Its so discouraging because it just seems like my hair isnt growing much......I know i have got to be patience in this journey, but does any one have any advice that could help aid in my hair growth.... I was only planning on transitioning for about 6 months, but with this level of growth i dont know if i would feel comfortable cutting it at that time...
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1 Empty Re: Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1

Post by Muz 20th March 2010, 9:59 pm

What is your current regimen/what have you been doing the last 4 months? I didn't really start noticing a lot of growth until about my 7th month.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1 Empty Re: Transitioning GROWTH... SOmeone HELP ME!!!1

Post by KeepingitKurly 20th March 2010, 10:32 pm

Well the first two months, i just kinda wore a wrap..... and tried my best not to use any heat...Then after about two months, i got a sew in......I still have it in and plan to take it out in a week... I have been monitoring the growth based on the amount of space between my hair and where the sew in starts. I wash it once a week and try to keep my scalp oiled as best as a can
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 21st March 2010, 2:30 am

I know that for me my hair has growing seasons. It seems to grow more in the late summer than any other time of the year. I have been transitioning for almost 7 months and I get a little discouraged too because it seems like people at the same point as me have more growth. You could be experiencing some shrinkage. So maybe it has grown more than you can see.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 21st March 2010, 2:38 am

Thank you so much... I'm just going to stay encouraged....and just be patient.... LoL!! Thanks for ur responses....m
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 21st March 2010, 12:27 pm

Soon to be natural, it sounds like you have the right tools working in your favor. Low manipulation and moisture/protein is key since you still have a lot of relaxed hair.

Personally, I find that I do better in microbraids; I can still moisturize my hair and lightly oil my scalp, and even do my co-washes. I didn't do as well in a sew-in because it was a bit more difficult to reach my scalp and new growth. It was a little difficult to cleanse my scalp completely as well. In braids, I was even able to make a leave-in spray--Scurl, water and NTM with a carrier oil and spray daily.

Just some suggestions that may help you along the way. I hope you find a "growing tip". Happy hair growth!!

Oh, btw, what about growing aids? A little MN/Sulphur8 on the scalp, Wild Growth Oil, or some ayurvedic washes, these all worked for me at some point.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 21st March 2010, 1:23 pm

Thank you Karmeldiva!! I am going to try some of the hair growth products to see how they work for me!! But you are absolutelyl right, with this sew in I can barely get to my scalp.. Its starting to really get to me, I am so ready to take it out but I have just been so business, I haven't taking the time to do it!!!
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 21st March 2010, 1:48 pm

Low manipulation is good, but when I said "regimen" I meant what products are you using to wash, condition, moisturize, and style your hair Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 21st March 2010, 2:00 pm

Oh, ok,,, I'm new to this so I misunderstood you.. LOL... I have been shampooing and conditioning with hello hydration!!! But it has been really hard to get to my scalp and deep condition my hair with the sew in.. I will be taking it out soon so that I can really treat my hair and scalp...
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd March 2010, 11:11 am

Hi soontobenatural,

I wore weaves my first year of transitioning. I started with partial, straight weaves than progressed into full straight weaves. It was during this period of transitioning that I learned how to care for my natural hair. In August 2009, I got my last install with curly hair and left my horeshoe out for blending. I absolutely loved the hair I purchased from www.halleyscurls.com I cowashed my often with this type of hair and used a leave-in conditioner to define the hair's curls. I moisturized my braided hair with braid sprays and seal with a mix of EOs and COs. I was so amazed by the amount of growth I achieved within a year. My hair is about midback /shoulder length because of this regimen. I have been transitioning since Sept. 2008.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 22nd March 2010, 11:21 am

OMG!!!!! I am so glad to hear!!! Thank u so much for the info....
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 22nd March 2010, 4:19 pm

Don't know if this is a fact or not, but someone told me the average amount of hair growth is six inches a year and that varies person to person. I've been transitioning since Sept/Oct 2009 and have about three inches of new growth. It's a slow process, especially when you haven't or done plan on BC'n.

You may also want to research incorporating some essential oils (peppermint, lavendar, tea tree, basil) in your regimen, many of these promote hair growth. I'm a fan of peppermint and basil.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 22nd March 2010, 7:50 pm

I have been transitioning since 12/17/09. I started using castor oil recently and it seems to be helping my hair to grow. I also bought some wild growth oil from Sally's Beauty Supply. I have also used this. The smell takes some getting used to, though. It is too soon to say if the wild growth oil is working. I also deep condition weekly. If I work-out, I make sure I co-wash my hair afterwards since I sweat alot in my head during a good work-out. I shampoo my hair weekly. I read somewhere that rosemary essential oil is good for hair growth. I mixed some in with my homemade hair spritz and my homemade shea butter mixture.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 25th March 2010, 11:27 pm

I transitioned wearing buns for 18 mths
Used a homemade condish, oil, water mix to keep the demarcation line (& new growth) moist
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down