CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnancy and and Transitioning

4 posters

Go down

Pregnancy and and Transitioning  Empty Pregnancy and and Transitioning

Post by alessialele 29th September 2010, 5:15 pm

Hi ladies,
I'm currently going on 7 months post and I'm also 6 1/2 months pregnant. Since I've become pregnant my hair has become extremely dry. No matter what I do it stays dry. It's rough, crunchy, and tangled. I've been uping my co-washes and dc's and nothing seems to be helping.

The products I've been using include
Shampoos
-Giovanni Smooth as Silk
-One n' Only Argan Oil Shampoo

Conditioners
-VO5 Strawberries and whatever else it's called
-One n' Only Argan Oil Conditioner
-Suave Humectant Conditioner (This does give good slip but once my hair dries it's back to the same old story)

DC
-One n' Only Argan Oil Moisturizing DC
-NTM deep conditioner (forgot the exact name)
ORS Replenishing Pak

Leave in
-Giovanni Direct Leave in
NTM Silk Touch Leave in

Moisturizer
-S-curl

Oil
-Olive oil
-Coconut oil

Ladies I don't know what to do. I'm getting frustrated. I'm trying to do a long transition. Im thinking since I can't really manage my hair right now I should just keep it braided for a while and moisturize through the braids. Maybe this will help to keep my hair moisturized better. IDK really. Any ideas ladies?

BTW I just bought some jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera juice and a different shampoo and conditioner to see if this helps at all.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy and and Transitioning  Empty Re: Pregnancy and and Transitioning

Post by naturallyu 29th September 2010, 7:48 pm

Sounds like you have plenty of great products to choose from. Have you ever considered using a clarifying shampoo. I use a clarifying shampoo to rid myself of product build up and it provides a clean slate for all of the other products you are using. Your dc's and moisturizers should work a lot better after clarifying your hair. Just a thought. HTH. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 29th September 2010, 9:17 pm

naturallyu wrote:Sounds like you have plenty of great products to choose from. Have you ever considered using a clarifying shampoo. I use a clarifying shampoo to rid myself of product build up and it provides a clean slate for all of the other products you are using. Your dc's and moisturizers should work a lot better after clarifying your hair. Just a thought. HTH. Very Happy

I forgot to say that I do clarify. I use VO5 kiwi lime and it's still the same thing. I'm just getting really discourage Sad
Maybe I should try to clarify once every 2 weeks.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 29th September 2010, 9:24 pm

Maybe this is just your hair texture. And are you taking prenatal vitamins? i would think that would help.

to me it sounds liek you are not used to yoru hair texture. Are you moisturized every other day too?

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 30th September 2010, 10:36 am

krys315 wrote:Maybe this is just your hair texture. And are you taking prenatal vitamins? i would think that would help.

to me it sounds liek you are not used to yoru hair texture. Are you moisturized every other day too?

Well when I was relaxed I stretched for 5 months and there is a great difference in how my hair felt then and now. My hair is dry from my ng all the way down to my relaxed ends.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 30th September 2010, 10:36 pm

I transitioned while pregnant too (my baby is 6 wks old now). I kept my hair braided up and moisturized through the braids. When my hair was taking a break in between braids I made sure to do a light protein treatment (home made) right when I took the braids out and then DC once a week until i put the braids back in. I transitioned for almost 6 months and I had about 5 inches of hair when I BCd
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 5th October 2010, 9:59 am

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:I transitioned while pregnant too (my baby is 6 wks old now). I kept my hair braided up and moisturized through the braids. When my hair was taking a break in between braids I made sure to do a light protein treatment (home made) right when I took the braids out and then DC once a week until i put the braids back in. I transitioned for almost 6 months and I had about 5 inches of hair when I BCd

Thanks! I have an appointment to get micros, so I hope this will help me transition through pregnancy. I hope I end up with as much new growth as you did while pregnant!
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down