CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to transitioning

+9
mrsrenaissance
newcurlieque
Songwriter88
fonie_mo
LayDeLibra
Erica5417
Ms.Fenty
EmbracingNaturalMe
buttonz
13 posters

Go down

new to transitioning Empty new to transitioning

Post by buttonz 17th March 2010, 11:33 pm

I am new to cn and I just want to say that this is a wonderful site. I am also a new transitioner. I don't think I would of been motivated to go natural if it wasn't for this site. I am looking for a leave in conditioner. Would anyone know a good leave in conditioner? I have 4b hair and as everyone knows, It's dry, dry, and dry. I have been shopping around for products because this week I am starting my journey.

buttonz

Back to top Go down

new to transitioning Empty Re: new to transitioning

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 17th March 2010, 11:41 pm

I have been transitioning since 12/09 and I have two leave-in's that I use: Cantu shea butter leave-in conditioner and Giovanni Direct leave-in conditioner.

Welcome to CN and good luck transitioning!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 17th March 2010, 11:48 pm

Hi, I'm a new transitioner too, with 4b-ish hair as well. And I have also been using Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in, and it makes my hair super soft. One downfall; it does have a cone in it, so if your looking for cone free (like I am now), you may not want to get it, but I really do like what it does for my hair, so I'm not looking forward to giving it up Sad
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 18th March 2010, 12:58 am

I use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat and Giovanni VitaPro Fusion
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LayDeLibra 18th March 2010, 1:06 am

Hey yall, I am 2 months into transitioning and I have been using Organix Lavender Soymilk Shampoo and Conditioner and All Natural 100 % organic and unrefined Shea Butter to give my hair some moisture. I have really coarse hair, am I on the right track? I wanted some advice on products?
LayDeLibra
LayDeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by fonie_mo 18th March 2010, 11:24 am

I am 8 months into my transition and my staple leave-in conditioner is Giovanni Direct Leave In. Its great, makes my hair soft, and its organic. Good luck on your search.

fonie_mo

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 18th March 2010, 11:51 am

I am new to the website as well, and I also use Cantu Products, I love the way that they smell and the way that they make my hair feel. If anyone knows of any products without cones in them, I am open for suggestions. I am a type 4 with kinky curly hair.
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 18th March 2010, 1:42 pm

The Giovanni Direct Leave In is a good one, I've also been using a product I purchased from youtuber ShidaNatural. She has a moisturizing cream and spray that leave my hair super duper soft and moisturized. Her site is www.shidanaturals.webs.com. This stuff is amazing!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 18th March 2010, 11:13 pm

I'm not sure what my hair type is but I like Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk as a leave in. It really detangles well for me. I use Cantu sometimes too, but I like the KBB better.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by buttonz 18th March 2010, 11:28 pm

Thanks,
I will try those products. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

buttonz

Back to top Go down

Post by TamikaG 19th March 2010, 10:17 am

newcurlieque wrote:The Giovanni Direct Leave In is a good one, I've also been using a product I purchased from youtuber ShidaNatural. She has a moisturizing cream and spray that leave my hair super duper soft and moisturized. Her site is www.shidanaturals.webs.com. This stuff is amazing!!!

Thanks for this info! Off to check her out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TamikaG
TamikaG

Back to top Go down

Post by TamikaG 19th March 2010, 10:21 am

fonie_mo wrote:I am 8 months into my transition and my staple leave-in conditioner is Giovanni Direct Leave In. Its great, makes my hair soft, and its organic. Good luck on your search.

Im currently 8months post my last texlax and Giovanni Direct Leave In worked GREAT for me but then I got hold of a bottle with different ingredients... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Not the same affect. So now Im using Lacio Lacio (which Ive used before)...and its doing great! I actually airdry so I layer my creamy leave in w/a water based one---Shescentit Moisture Mist or Shescentit Green Grape Leave in.
http://www.shescentit.com/
I also like Shescentit's Coco Creme Leave-In Conditioner.
TamikaG
TamikaG

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 19th March 2010, 11:54 pm

I am new the site too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
My last relaxer was in October, 2009 and have cut off much of my relaxed ends since. I have a very thick curly head of hair and am currently use one of the following for leave-ins:
*Hair One Cleanser and Conditioner ~Olive Oil for Dry Hair (is an all-in-one, including a leave-in) does have "cones", but does wonders for me.
*A spritz made of Aussie Moist Conditioner and water...about 1:4 ratio...GREAT! Also has "cones"
*Raw unrefined Shea Butter, but am mostly using it to seal.

I haven't yet quite figured out why all the scare over silicones? I think it's like any other product; just because something doesn't work for some doesn't necessarily mean it must be bad for all! Just like the mineral oil/petroleum bandwagon, my hair hates it, but there are others that swear by it! I say if it's not broke....don't fix it!
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyMani 24th March 2010, 3:39 pm

Hello.. Im new to transitioning.. i have a slight clue as to what
exactly needs to be done to my hair but idk if im doing something wrong
using the wrong products.. my hair just seems extremely hard all the
time. what can i do?? i use the organics line.. the conditioner shampoo
deep conditioner.. what should i use for moisture detangler and curl
maitenence. naturally my hair is a spongy 3c.. any one can help me
please??
MissyMani
MissyMani

https://www.youtube.com/trudamaliandiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 29th March 2010, 11:40 pm

MissyMani wrote:Hello.. Im new to transitioning.. i have a slight clue as to what
exactly needs to be done to my hair but idk if im doing something wrong
using the wrong products.. my hair just seems extremely hard all the
time. what can i do?? i use the organics line.. the conditioner shampoo
deep conditioner.. what should i use for moisture detangler and curl
maitenence. naturally my hair is a spongy 3c.. any one can help me
please??

I'm new also...my last relaxer was early November 2009. It seems keeping your hair moisturized is important. Make sure you are using a moisturizing shampoo, deep conditioner and leave in. I don't use shampoo often...maybe twice a month. I'm not familiar with the organics line. I use Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner and it works for my thick hair. I've read Giovanni is good. I recently purchased the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo, Deep Conditioner and Giovanni Direct leave in. I hope the Giovanni works because Pureology is expensive. I also apply aloe vera gel and jojoba oil to my hair twice daily...morning and night, and a little shea butter to my ends. I hope this helps.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down