CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 22 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd November 2010, 9:16 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:@nubie, sometimes I will add more color if I blended too much. It depends.

Pretty, missmoriah & sweet!

I discovered I could use concealer all over for a full coverage. I suffer from hyperpigmentation and acne. I had been placing concealer just on the spots. Now I use it all over, well, as of last night--practicing. I really like the results. I have three that I used when practicing. I give a thumbs down to the CoverGirl one. It was too thin of a liquid and did not cover my spots well. I will use it under my eyes. I give thumbs up to the NYX (CW08 & CW09) and Black Opal (Truly Topaz) ones. I picked it up the Black Opal one at the drugstore last night. They are both thicker and cover better. I'm not sure about the color I need but I think I need a slightly darker one from Black Opal.

Hey Chrs...

I'm sorry...I think I need to go back to the beginning of this topic and catch up, but I do have question.

Help me understant concealers. Do you use it to cover dark spot so when you put on your make-up you will have an even tone. I have marks on my nose from my glasses. So is that were I would put my concealer? Also, should the concealer be the same color as your foundation, or lighter like I've seen in the YT videos as it is used for eyebrows?

Sorry for so many questions...just trying to figure some things out.

TIA
Concealers may be used to highlight or cover areas. Many suggest using orange color or tone for under eye circles on darker skin tones. NYX has a new orange color concealer. I am going to give it a try if I can find it in a local BSS.

You may use the same color if you are not trying to highlight an area. For instance, with blemishes and hyperpigmentation, I use a color as close to my complexion as possible. I have seen a couple of YTers mention using a shade lighter on raised acne to correct the shadow the raised bump will have. I cannot imagine circling each bump. May work for those who get one or two acne blemishes, not for me. When using concealer, I suggest a cream or liquid. Start with a very small amount since too much will look cakey and concealers are usually very thick. I use a skunk/stippling brush [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]or densely packed brush to apply. Start in center and working out.

It is important to set the concealer with a powder. I use a loose powder in a shade close to or one shade darker than my complexion to set my concealer on my face. Under my eyes, I try to use a translucent powder, just a wee bit.

Darker concealers can also be used to contour. People usually contour the hollows of their face and forehead to deepen those areas or in the case of the forehead, make it appear less large. I have done it and it works. The key is to blend, blend, blend.

Thanks Chrs....

I picked up one from Target by Maybelline...the color is medium beige. I'll see how this will work for me.

Thanks again
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 22 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd November 2010, 12:29 pm

I have my list and I am hitting the MAC counter

Eyeshadows:
Embark, Arena, Exspensive Pink and Contrast

Lipsticks
Siss

Lip liners
Chestnut

I blame this spending on YOU! Very Happy
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd November 2010, 12:55 pm

oooh sweet. chestnut lip liner is so versatile it has to be a staple. i love embark and expensive pink! off to MAC site to see what arena, contrast and the siss look like!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd November 2010, 1:00 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have my list and I am hitting the MAC counter

Eyeshadows:

Lipsticks
Siss

Lip liners
Chestnut

LOL, Sweet you were warned that this is an addiction! I agree that Chestnut lipliner is a staple!. I have Embark and Contrast and those are two of my favorites for using for a smokey eye. Contrast is really versatile and can be used with a lot of different colors. Arena is also on my list to buy!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 1:16 pm

Who is YOU sweet, LOL?

Here are a few pictures with concealers only and my red look I wore Sunday to have tea with three friends.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd November 2010, 1:31 pm

Hey Chrs...

That's pretty!!! I tried my concealer to do my brows like Nubie's friend Deb does in her YouTube video. It was intersting, but I kinda like it. I can't post the pictures now, because I'm at work, but I'll be posting whenever I get home tonight...

@Sweet...who is you!!! ROTFLMAO....

@KC...this is addictive and I'm headed to coastal scents site right now to get my prism eye palette kit. The palette I have is okay to play with, but there isn't a lot of color (pigment I think it is called) in the shadows. I have on red and yellow and brown today and it really looks nice, but it doesn't show up well on the pictures it took. (shoot battery just die so I'll post in the morning)

Thanks for all the information ladies...I will be back with more questions I'm sure!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd November 2010, 1:34 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have my list and I am hitting the MAC counter

Eyeshadows:

Lipsticks
Siss

Lip liners
Chestnut

Siss looks just like your color. I know it will look good on you. I have the Chestnut liner as well. I think everybody in the world does...it is such the perfect color. So I need to check out these eyeshadow colors.

I'm curious....how did you know what colors (eyeshadow) to select. I've been on MAC's site for two days, and still can't select one!!! confused
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd November 2010, 1:40 pm

@Chrs - the makeup and hair are gorgeous!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd November 2010, 2:28 pm

@KNH-u select whichever color u wanna try! lol, as u can see the the choices are endless...or well, whenever ur wallet says STOP No loose powders are highly pigmented, which reminds me to play in my NYX loose powders!!

@sweet-the color is coconutty

so im guessing chestnut is an old school handme down cuz my mom passed it along to me and i always have it in stock! Razz

@chrs-im loving the simple look.

i got my concealer by makeup forever and i must say it does wonders. my dark circles are ridick and once i apply its like VOILA!! all gone! i think its a light/med color to blend in.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 2:47 pm

Ladies, thanks!

@KNH, uh oh, another addiction is forming, huh? Remember to save for your steamer. NYX single eyeshadows have good pigmentation/color. They are cheap and there are a lot of colors to chose from. You may find them in your local BSS, not Sally's. They also have nice lipsticks and glosses.

@Nubie, I was thinking of investing in some MUFE makeup--primarily their setting powder and foundations.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd November 2010, 3:20 pm

Lol alla y'all!

You are rocking that red lip Chrs! Hot!

Yes I keep chestnut in my bag, but I am out...so since I have to replace it...lol!

KNH they look so pretty online is why I picked them..I may get in the store and decide differently, but I will let you guys know of course!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th November 2010, 4:54 pm

Untitled by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

I went to MAC! I wanted them to put it in a palette but only the MAC stores do that and I was in Macy's. Oh well. They didn't have the lipsticks I wanted but she recommended the Cherish. I got the shadows and my liners...one in chestnut and one in cork (warmer brown) AND the lady from mac said my eyes looked pretty! I almost passed out cheers
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 24th November 2010, 5:03 pm

Hey KNH! my youtube and blog are xMarvelousMe I don't think I am going to post it in this thread. Happy Thanksgiving!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 24th November 2010, 6:02 pm

Hey Sweet Cork and Chestnut are in my list also. Let me know how you like them! And what eyeshadows are those? I bought two browns and a pink and a purple that I'm waiting to be delivered lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th November 2010, 6:42 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Hey Sweet Cork and Chestnut are in my list also. Let me know how you like them! And what eyeshadows are those? I bought two browns and a pink and a purple that I'm waiting to be delivered lol
expensive pink (the orange one), arena (the creamy one) embark (brown) and contrast (deep blue). I swear by the chestnut pencil and this is my first time with cork so I will let you know.

Miss Moriah, I am going to check it out now
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th November 2010, 11:43 pm

i also like the cork too! what lip is that? u can do some meeeean smokey eyes with those colors too! good job!!

so this past sunday, when i went to my gf's party i sat next to her friend and secretly studied her smokey eye. her colors were nice n simple and not as deep as i did mine but i surprisingly got the same effect.

i used just 2 colors from UD (zero n shagged-my fave) with ONE brush (blending one)

i'll blend it better next time, but i just colored my whole lid wit the pink, then dabbed the corners a little at a time with the black (zero) in the small V form, then fanned/blended into the pink...i made sure i kept shading the black in the V form then for the finale' added the eyeliner n smudged a little in the outer corners n voila!!

i was soooo proud of myself. im gettin the hang of this smokey eye thing ya know!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th November 2010, 2:00 am

You ROCKED that eye Nubie!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 25th November 2010, 2:39 am

Thats so pretty Nubie!!!

So is anyone else excited about the Nicki Minaj lipstick coming out from MAC on Friday?? I'm pretty ashamed of myself and don't know if I can pull off that shade of pink but I'm sure going to try!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th November 2010, 3:02 am

thanx laydeez! and @mstokes...HELLZ YEA im gettin that pink friday giiiiiirl
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th November 2010, 2:07 am

surprisingly, i was on MAC and guessed a discount code so i ended up with free shipping using the code: PINK
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th November 2010, 9:36 am

mstokes2008 wrote:Thats so pretty Nubie!!!

So is anyone else excited about the Nicki Minaj lipstick coming out from MAC on Friday?? I'm pretty ashamed of myself and don't know if I can pull off that shade of pink but I'm sure going to try!

IDK (lol), I've tried pink lipgloss but not sure what I'd look like with pink lipstick on.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th November 2010, 1:14 pm

okay...I'm getting a little frustrated with my shadows. I tried blue yesterday...it didn't turn out so good....and not only that my eyeliner doesn't stay on. So...back to YouTube. Oh...I'm going to get a make up mirror today, cause I can't see what I'm doing from my vanity.

I'll post later and share what I get....

Everybody looks sooo pretty!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th November 2010, 5:52 pm

Beautiful look nubie! You have the smokey eye down. I don't see that you needed more blending. I think it looks great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th November 2010, 6:42 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:okay...I'm getting a little frustrated with my shadows. I tried blue yesterday...it didn't turn out so good....and not only that my eyeliner doesn't stay on. So...back to YouTube. Oh...I'm going to get a make up mirror today, cause I can't see what I'm doing from my vanity.

I'll post later and share what I get....

Everybody looks sooo pretty!!! Very Happy

What kind of eyeliner are you using?
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th November 2010, 6:43 pm

@Nubie - I like the smokey eye look, and you were scared to do a smokey eye Smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next