CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th October 2010, 6:01 pm

jlowman1 wrote:I know I'm late but I tried the "lining your brows with concealer" thing today and OMG I'm in love. It REALLY does make your brows looks so defined. My coworker was like, did you get your brows done? They look really good.

Mind you, I haven't had my brows fully waxed in about 3 weeks, just a few touch ups here and there with a razor...
Yes, it makes them look polished.

Another tip: Do you want pouty lips? Try this, use a darker liner to line lips and apply liner from outer corners to the inside of the lips then apply lighter shade of lipstick or gloss. I love doing this. I did it here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by krazy coils 26th October 2010, 6:43 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:I know I'm late but I tried the "lining your brows with concealer" thing today and OMG I'm in love. It REALLY does make your brows looks so defined. My coworker was like, did you get your brows done? They look really good.

Mind you, I haven't had my brows fully waxed in about 3 weeks, just a few touch ups here and there with a razor...

i love that trick!

Love this also! It definitely works when you need your brows done.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 26th October 2010, 7:11 pm

never tried the concealer eyebrow trick...where can i find this beauty secret?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 26th October 2010, 8:14 pm

You can find a great tutorial for brow sculpting on: abrilliantbrunette.com
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 26th October 2010, 8:16 pm

npmoore04 wrote:never tried the concealer eyebrow trick...where can i find this beauty secret?

I don't use quite as much concealer and my concealer is closer to my skin tone but the technique works great!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 26th October 2010, 9:43 pm

Hey Ladies. This is just a pic of my look tonight. I just recently moved to L.A. and tonight my sister and her boyfriend (which is like my brother) and I are going to see phantom of the opera tonight!!! I am so excited. Tell me what you think!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 27th October 2010, 1:50 am

I went to Target again today for non-makeup items (promise) and noticed the elf shelf was totally re-stocked. Needless to say, I bought a lip palette and the 32 eyeshadow palette. I almost got the pack of 3 liquid eye liners but I passed. No doubt I'll be back. That trip got my newfound makeup pj'ism going so I drove on over to the dollar store and bought more makeup! See what you ladies have started?! Oh and then I went next door to Sally's and got an eye & lip primer duo thingy. I'm on makeup restrictions! Lol

Question: what do I do to prevent my liner on bottom lid to stay put instead of somehow falling into the little creases right under my eye? This keeps happening!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 27th October 2010, 2:00 am

Guess what i found ......this is your fault Mrs Chrs!! but i found a 26 blush palette on ebay and it is very pretty !
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th October 2010, 7:58 am

@jamaicacurl try applying eye primer to the bottom lid to keep the liner in place.

@CMN - I love those colors!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th October 2010, 11:08 am

jamaicacurl wrote:Question: what do I do to prevent my liner on bottom lid to stay put instead of somehow falling into the little creases right under my eye? This keeps happening!
Not sure if I understand, are you applying liner to area below lower lash line or on the lower waterline? If placing it in lower lash line, try applying primer or concealer before applying color. You could use powder on top of creamy product to set it in place or use powder only. If you are referring to liner on your waterline, some set it with the same color shadow. If setting lower waterline with shadow, ensure it is waterproof and safe to be used near your eyes especially if you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 27th October 2010, 12:01 pm

krazy coils wrote:@jamaicacurl try applying eye primer to the bottom lid to keep the liner in place.

@CMN - I love those colors!

Thanks, I'll try that next time!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
jamaicacurl wrote:Question: what do I do to prevent my liner on bottom lid to stay put instead of somehow falling into the little creases right under my eye? This keeps happening!
Not sure if I understand, are you applying liner to area below lower lash line or on the lower waterline? If placing it in lower lash line, try applying primer or concealer before applying color. You could use powder on top of creamy product to set it in place or use powder only. If you are referring to liner on your waterline, some set it with the same color shadow. If setting lower waterline with shadow, ensure it is waterproof and safe to be used near your eyes especially if you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes.

Yes, I apply it to my water line but I guess it just washes away as the day goes on. I will try applying the shadow as well and see what works best, that or the primer.

Today I got a compliment on my eye makeup!! It's not bold and the pic doesn't really do it justice but I used neutral colours, both shimmery and matte. I applied a much darker colour to the outer V than I normally would, following my 4 year old son's advice. He was very intrigued by this new thing mommy has with all the colours (my palette) and to keep him from touching it I let him help me choose what colours to put on. That's ok right? As long as I keep telling them that it's for girls only? LOL

jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 27th October 2010, 12:41 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:Ok ladies, clearly you are the experts in this area...I am not! I just read through a few pages of this thread and you're just the ppl I need to ask.

I'd like to find vids and get advice on how to do more of a natural look and learn what colours would go best with my skin tone. This is where I'd like your expertise and guidance Smile

I was eyeing that 120 palette I saw so many reviews on and was this close to ordering it b/c the colours are so pretty but.....then I realized how bold the colours were! I'm not there!

Thanks in advance for your help!

I know this was posted 3 pages back but I had to recommend Temptalia.com and her (neutral & colorful looks) tutorials for make up newbies! She has videos but also picture tutorials, perfect for reading in class, lol. She has more than 300 looks.

http://www.temptalia.com/the-archives-must-read-makeup-tutorials

http://www.temptalia.com/category/looks
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 27th October 2010, 12:52 pm

Friday, I'm going for a bold sexy red lip!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Very Happy
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 27th October 2010, 1:07 pm

@nali - thanks for the site! I saw that bold red lip on there! That is like wow! LOL Go for it!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th October 2010, 1:32 pm

i actually like that red lip! Thanks ladies for the concealer eyebrow trick. looks like i need to buy a smaller brush to apply the concealer.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th October 2010, 12:19 pm

@jamaicacurl, it looks pretty! I can see the darker corner on the outer v. LOL at son choosing colors, yes, I think it is okay. This is from a mother of two sons, 17 & 19.

@Nali, love bold red lips! I'm still trying to find a way not to have it travel to the area right below my lip on my chin No . I love Temptalia's site.

Check this post out for Milani lip glosses that are comparable to MAC's Dare to Wear collection.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 28th October 2010, 10:17 pm

Hi Ladies

You all are looking really good. I love the red lip but I think my lips are a little to big to pull that off. Anyways I ordered a concealer stick from E.L.F alone with some eyeshadows and a bronzer. I tried the concealer this morning and it made a huge difference with my eyeshadow. It lasted all day and the colors were really nice. I am loving the eye shadow but I have to do something with my eyelashes and brows. I have never had either and it kinda makes me jealous of Ania because hers are beautiful and long. I am thinking about getting some false individuals. Anyways here is the latest pics I have

My soft look for church on Sunday

The Green and Purple this morning with the Concealer

KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 28th October 2010, 10:43 pm

Hi KeAnia,

I don't have much eyebrows and eyelashes either. Sad A good mascara is a must! Smile I have allergies so false lashes are a BAD idea - I'd be looking like a fool by midday. I love love maybelline mascaras! Instant length/volume.
Plus they're inexpensive. For my eyebrows, I usually fill them in using eyebrow pencils and/or powder.

Here's a good tut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLTAKxv07B8

It takes a lot of practice but no pain no eyebrows gain.
tongue
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th October 2010, 8:23 am

u laydeez are looking GOOOOOD!! Very Happy

@jlo- thanx for sharing the eyebrow n concealer trick cuz i was JUST sayin to myself last night how i needed to attempt the trick cuz im in dire need of gettin my eyebrows done...like BAD!!

@curly-giiiiiiiiirl u know i been lookin for a blush palette...u are so wrong for this!

@jcurl-ur doin a good job for a newbie and i love the neutral look, good job on the eyeliner too, i like how its thin n discreet. mason likes to comment on how much he likes my eyes but he knows its for girls only...no dennis rodman over here Evil or Very Mad maaaan im tellin u, this is addictive (thanx chrs Rolling Eyes ) just BEWARE...DONT...I REPEAT....DONT sign up for sephora, i still got my UD eyeliner pencils on HOLD ($40) EEEK!!

@Nali- **siren sounding** Shocked GOT DMN!!!! i love that red lip and keke- u can SO pull it off, big soup coolers n all.

@npmo-i love that purple and ur shadows always pop!

@keke-i sent u some UD primer in ur package too, i think you'll like it Surprised ur also doin good for a beginner, dont forget to blend and add that touch of mascara cuz it definitely makes a difference. AAAAANNND, ur new homework assignment is to practice filling in ur eyebrows! i see u have a pretty arch n shape goin on and u need to bring it out to its full potential n fill it in. my brows are extremely thin n barely there and i used to be so mad takin pics and my eyebrows would always be missing in action silent just take a brown liner pencil (i got the eyebrow kit from ELF $3 and the 2 mini brow pencils $2) and slant the pencil n lightly shade em in, brush em to shape, trust me...you'll be hooked!!

ok laydeez so i have plenty of pics to share cuz this week i been practicing and gettin better at this liner on the bottom lid lately bounce im so excited, my next trick is gonna be to come up wit a quick natural 5 min face to keep it simple for when i go to work. im sure it'll consist of: eyeliner (which actually takes up most my time cuz im scared im gonna poke my eye out n end up like Slick Rick pirat ), blush, lipgloss, mascara, definitely my brows and a shadow (or 2-depending on how much time i have). im tryin to challenge myself to keep it simple FOR work!

ill be back wit pics...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 29th October 2010, 8:26 am

Nubie !!! I didn't know .....But anyways I got it off our favorite place !! Ebay ...they got a whole lot an cheap too .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th October 2010, 9:26 am

now u KNOW its on my TO DO list today! i just ordered the UD loose powder in yeyo last week for $5, its the same price from the Hautelook sale and i like the high pigment on the loose powder.

ok so here's the looks i played with:

This is my version of the lady gaga lip:

Now im gettin better at my lining...

it makes such a difference in my eyes, the easy way for me to apply it was the flat liner brush (which i just use for the loose powder) and with the pencil i start on the outside n work my way in with long strokes (to get it done n over wit faster) and once i get to the middle i start at the corner n move in doin the same motion!

So what u guys dont know is....i went red and i ATTEMPTED to tint my eyebrows...what little i have Neutral (my EEEK look)

dont know if it came out right scratch my brows are faint to start wit:

so since i was unsure if the color on my brows took, i thought i'd take it upon myself to ante up and take a chance to fill it in with my burgundy lip pencil...

what u think? too light or too dark?

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 29th October 2010, 9:36 am

alright Miss Nubie !!!!

you are crackin me up with them Lady Gaga lips !! lol that is too funny and you are getting very good at lining you eye ......get it girl ! and that color fits you very well !! that is awesome and the brows!!!!!!!!!! Love it girl . I like that purple look on you that is really cute ! you go girl
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th October 2010, 10:44 am

@c-m-n, I love the blush kit. Why you blaming me for purchase? I did nuh-ting, nuh-ting (Trinidadian accent) other than tell you I love your cheekbones Wink .

@KeAnia, beautiful looks! No need for falsies. Many ladies use store brands like Maybelline and CoverGirl to extend and volumize their lashes. For your brows, use a dark brown eyebrow/lip liner/shadow to fill them in. It is best to use a flat or thin angled blush to apply. Use short strokes to get the desired look. You may use a darker color to define arch and shape. Don't forget to set the pencil/liner/shadow with clear mascara gel (I use e.l.f. brand).

@nubie, I think the brows work. I love the avatar!

I need a good drugstore foundation--medium to full coverage. I'm hoping someone is having a sell. I'm going to try CoverGirl, Revlon and/or Iman. I'm thinking more of the lines of Iman. I've heard others, via YT, speak about these brands. I may get some MakeUpForever foundation in the next couple of months.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 29th October 2010, 10:47 am

@ Chrs I am blaming you cause I tried it and it was really pretty !!! darn it ! lol JK but you were right Very Happy
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 29th October 2010, 11:38 am

@nubie - I love that hair colour on you!! the brows look great too!
I also need to speed up my time before work. Doing my eyes has made my kids late to school twice this week!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next