CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 12:00 am

brandiitneka wrote:Hey ladies!! Well this question may have been asked but... Is there really a difference between a base and a primer? and if so can you tell a big difference in using both vs. just using a primer alone. And this is off subject but why is it that when I walk into a place and my face is all done up (plus i have no hair on my head) do i get these mean looks as if i have done something wrong?? does this happen to you ladies?
ignore the haters and strut your stuff!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by missmoriah 22nd November 2010, 12:37 am

hey guys! I guess this would be like a holiday party look or something. I just used my urban decay alice in wonderland book of shadows for this. I also made a tutorial that I will post on youtube Smile And don't mind my eyebrows...I AM GROWING THEM OUT because they got WAY too thin so one they grow in I will be getting them shaped up. <-- just had to get that out there. I hope everyone is doing well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 22nd November 2010, 12:41 am

@missmoriah you are so pretty!!!! i like the makeup!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd November 2010, 12:43 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
brandiitneka wrote:Hey ladies!! Well this question may have been asked but... Is there really a difference between a base and a primer? and if so can you tell a big difference in using both vs. just using a primer alone. And this is off subject but why is it that when I walk into a place and my face is all done up (plus i have no hair on my head) do i get these mean looks as if i have done something wrong?? does this happen to you ladies?
ignore the haters and strut your stuff!

ITA! Keep doing you and don't let them bother you.

Brandi - I think you can wear either by itself, I know some people just wear a primer like UDPP and no base and some people just wear a base like MAC paintpot with no primer underneath. I think the base does change how the color of the eyeshadow will appear on your eye depending upon what color the base is. Its kind of trial and error to see which look you like more and how you want the colors to appear on your eye. I have Extremely oily eyelids and I wear both during the workweek to make sure that the color lasts all day with no creasing.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd November 2010, 12:45 am

@ Missmoriah - gorgeous look! Can't wait for the tutorial, I've been looking for a smokey eye similar to that one.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd November 2010, 12:48 am

Hey iri! Thank you girl

@krazy coils - Hey Chica! Thank you. I never really thought of it as a smokey eye but I guess it can be considered that. It was really simple too. I am going to edit the video and try to have it done by tonight!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd November 2010, 8:37 am

@brandi; im LOOOOOVIN that avi to the 10th power but of course im bias cuz i love the amber rose cut on women period. are u gonna keep it short like that? when i go back to my cut i need to research how to get some 360 waves HOOOOOOOWEVER, to answer ur question when u step in a room esp wit ur face beat Wink they have no choice but to stop in stare becuz the cut is mean esp wit the color to set it off and ur face is goooooorgeous! u just too much for em honey, "slow down son u killin em" **diddy voice** thats what i love about short hair; the confidence alone is just undeniable but when u add glam it takes it a whoooole new level and folks cant handle it cuz they havent caught up. woooo **standing up** dont get me started **snaps** cuz i already KNOW now that im armed wit these makeup tips, im READY like alicia keys for my cut. this is my vision: AR cut, purple smokey eye to go along wit my purple infiniti scarf **looking at sweet** and my birthday suit n cowboy boots Razz

@knh- its an ELF brush set and i seen it on target website. it actually might be in the stores wit the holiday season so if u see it GRAB IT!! n stop bein scared to order online, thats pretty much all i do!

@mstokes- affraid giiiiiiirl that avi...i cant believe it, u just left n came back busting the door down wit that fro Very Happy

@sweet; where did u get the primer set? sephora? i wanna try the Sin and Greed and i just found out about the Greed cuz i thought it was only 3 Shocked make sure u post the differences!

@missmo-girl i'd love to have my brows grow in that full. the only hair that grows is on top of my head everything else is sparse Neutral

I dont wear a base wit my primer but maybe i'll try that...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 22nd November 2010, 12:35 pm

Good Morning All

Has anyone worked with glitter? I wanted to do a glitter eye and wanted to know what brand would be the best to buy. I have the Urban Decay Glitter liners but the look that I wanted was an entire lid with glitter.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 12:37 pm

Nubie yes I got it from Sephora $29 bucks.

Today I used Sin and it has a shimmering one
Untitled by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

I will use the same shadow colors tmrw with a different primer
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd November 2010, 12:43 pm

kelleemudiva wrote:Good Morning All

Has anyone worked with glitter? I wanted to do a glitter eye and wanted to know what brand would be the best to buy. I have the Urban Decay Glitter liners but the look that I wanted was an entire lid with glitter.

NaturalTina who posts on this thread has done a couple of looks with glitter. You may have to go back a few pages to find the ones she did. I remember she mentioned that she used the NYX glitter and then used glycerin to apply to her eyelid.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd November 2010, 12:47 pm

@Sweet - looking good over there Smile !
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 22nd November 2010, 12:53 pm

Loving the looks ladies!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd November 2010, 1:17 pm

@sweet-thats pretty dmn good for it to be a sample pack!! and im loving how ur brightening ur eyes. my gf came over last night for a tip to apply shadow and all i can say is...its all in the blending; but i had her put on a cute pink eye all over the lid and fan it out with a shimmery white/cream color and she said it was too bright for her Neutral mind u her complexion is like KC's but she likes to play it "safe" cuz she's not light skin Rolling Eyes so i told her to get that jim crow law out her head n stop bein closed minded. plus im sure she gets BORED wit those neutral, barely there bronze n goldish colors..womp-womp!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd November 2010, 1:20 pm

oh and i made her branch out n rock a pink lip!! she loved that part, lol but her definition of a lip with color was this dull azz MAC stick...

u GOTS to be kidding me pale
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2010, 1:42 pm

@nubie, sometimes I will add more color if I blended too much. It depends.

Pretty, missmoriah & sweet!

I discovered I could use concealer all over for a full coverage. I suffer from hyperpigmentation and acne. I had been placing concealer just on the spots. Now I use it all over, well, as of last night--practicing. I really like the results. I have three that I used when practicing. I give a thumbs down to the CoverGirl one. It was too thin of a liquid and did not cover my spots well. I will use it under my eyes. I give thumbs up to the NYX (CW08 & CW09) and Black Opal (Truly Topaz) ones. I picked it up the Black Opal one at the drugstore last night. They are both thicker and cover better. I'm not sure about the color I need but I think I need a slightly darker one from Black Opal.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd November 2010, 1:45 pm

nice tip chrs, i need to try that esp for this wack pimples i got now...2 of em affraid
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:06 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@nubie, sometimes I will add more color if I blended too much. It depends.

I discovered I could use concealer all over for a full coverage. I suffer from hyperpigmentation and acne. I had been placing concealer just on the spots. Now I use it all over, well, as of last night--practicing. I really like the results. I have three that I used when practicing. I give a thumbs down to the CoverGirl one. It was too thin of a liquid and did not cover my spots well. I will use it under my eyes. I give thumbs up to the NYX (CW08 & CW09) and Black Opal (Truly Topaz) ones. I picked it up the Black Opal one at the drugstore last night. They are both thicker and cover better. I'm not sure about the color I need but I think I need a slightly darker one from Black Opal.

Hey Chrs...

I'm sorry...I think I need to go back to the beginning of this topic and catch up, but I do have question.

Help me understant concealers. Do you use it to cover dark spot so when you put on your make-up you will have an even tone. I have marks on my nose from my glasses. So is that were I would put my concealer? Also, should the concealer be the same color as your foundation, or lighter like I've seen in the YT videos as it is used for eyebrows?

Sorry for so many questions...just trying to figure some things out.

TIA
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:07 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Nubie yes I got it from Sephora $29 bucks.

Today I used Sin and it has a shimmering one

I will use the same shadow colors tmrw with a different primer

Love this, and again I love the lip gloss on you!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 2:15 pm

NubieNatty wrote:oh and i made her branch out n rock a pink lip!! she loved that part, lol but her definition of a lip with color was this dull azz MAC stick...

u GOTS to be kidding me pale
what color is that? I want to do a nice nude lip and I need another chestnut lip liner
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 2:17 pm

missmoriah wrote:hey guys! I guess this would be like a holiday party look or something. I just used my urban decay alice in wonderland book of shadows for this. I also made a tutorial that I will post on youtube Smile And don't mind my eyebrows...I AM GROWING THEM OUT because they got WAY too thin so one they grow in I will be getting them shaped up. <-- just had to get that out there. I hope everyone is doing well.
Beautiful I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:30 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
missmoriah wrote:hey guys! I guess this would be like a holiday party look or something. I just used my urban decay alice in wonderland book of shadows for this. I also made a tutorial that I will post on youtube Smile And don't mind my eyebrows...I AM GROWING THEM OUT because they got WAY too thin so one they grow in I will be getting them shaped up. <-- just had to get that out there. I hope everyone is doing well.
Beautiful I love it!

Yes ma'am I agree!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:31 pm

missmoriah wrote:Hey iri! Thank you girl

@krazy coils - Hey Chica! Thank you. I never really thought of it as a smokey eye but I guess it can be considered that. It was really simple too. I am going to edit the video and try to have it done by tonight!

Hi MissM...

What is your YouTube channel name? Are you going to post the video in this thread as well?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2010, 2:49 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:@nubie, sometimes I will add more color if I blended too much. It depends.

Hey Chrs...

I'm sorry...I think I need to go back to the beginning of this topic and catch up, but I do have question.

Help me understant concealers. Do you use it to cover dark spot so when you put on your make-up you will have an even tone. I have marks on my nose from my glasses. So is that were I would put my concealer? Also, should the concealer be the same color as your foundation, or lighter like I've seen in the YT videos as it is used for eyebrows?

Sorry for so many questions...just trying to figure some things out.

TIA
Concealers may be used to highlight or cover areas. Many suggest using orange color or tone for under eye circles on darker skin tones. NYX has a new orange color concealer. I am going to give it a try if I can find it in a local BSS.

You may use the same color if you are not trying to highlight an area. For instance, with blemishes and hyperpigmentation, I use a color as close to my complexion as possible. I have seen a couple of YTers mention using a shade lighter on raised acne to correct the shadow the raised bump will have. I cannot imagine circling each bump. May work for those who get one or two acne blemishes, not for me. When using concealer, I suggest a cream or liquid. Start with a very small amount since too much will look cakey and concealers are usually very thick. I use a skunk/stippling brush [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]or densely packed brush to apply. Start in center and working out.

It is important to set the concealer with a powder. I use a loose powder in a shade close to or one shade darker than my complexion to set my concealer on my face. Under my eyes, I try to use a translucent powder, just a wee bit.

Darker concealers can also be used to contour. People usually contour the hollows of their face and forehead to deepen those areas or in the case of the forehead, make it appear less large. I have done it and it works. The key is to blend, blend, blend.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd November 2010, 3:44 pm

NubieNatty wrote:@sweet-thats pretty dmn good for it to be a sample pack!! and im loving how ur brightening ur eyes. my gf came over last night for a tip to apply shadow and all i can say is...its all in the blending; but i had her put on a cute pink eye all over the lid and fan it out with a shimmery white/cream color and she said it was too bright for her Neutral mind u her complexion is like KC's but she likes to play it "safe" cuz she's not light skin Rolling Eyes so i told her to get that jim crow law out her head n stop bein closed minded. plus im sure she gets BORED wit those neutral, barely there bronze n goldish colors..womp-womp!!

Nubie believe me I played it safe with brown and gold for so many years because I thought I was too dark for certain colors, but not anymore. Tell your friend not to limit herself with her makeup colors.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 4:47 pm

krazy coils wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:@sweet-thats pretty dmn good for it to be a sample pack!! and im loving how ur brightening ur eyes. my gf came over last night for a tip to apply shadow and all i can say is...its all in the blending; but i had her put on a cute pink eye all over the lid and fan it out with a shimmery white/cream color and she said it was too bright for her Neutral mind u her complexion is like KC's but she likes to play it "safe" cuz she's not light skin Rolling Eyes so i told her to get that jim crow law out her head n stop bein closed minded. plus im sure she gets BORED wit those neutral, barely there bronze n goldish colors..womp-womp!!

Nubie believe me I played it safe with brown and gold for so many years because I thought I was too dark for certain colors, but not anymore. Tell your friend not to limit herself with her makeup colors.
I am right with you! I saw a pretty pink and brown I want to try! Lol stii gotta have that brown in there!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next