CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie in limbo

5 posters

Go down

Newbie in limbo Empty Newbie in limbo

Post by tazochaichick 23rd September 2010, 11:47 pm

]i]Hello Ladies,
My last relaxer was in March of 2010. The process has been an adventure, thus far. Here's the issue. I have a dry, itchy scalp. I have always had the dry, itchy scalp. I don't want to sulfur 8 the scalp, but I need some help here. The hair no longer looks thirsty but the scalp is a desert. I have vitamin E the scalp, grapeseed oil the scalp, scratched like a maniac even and no luck.
Any advice out there? elephant [/i]

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Newbie in limbo Empty Re: Newbie in limbo

Post by Naturally Esq 24th September 2010, 12:05 am

1. First you need to clarify your hair and scalp with an ACV rinse then shampoo, DC, condition etc.
2. Some people use a tea tree shampoo and tea tree conditioner. You can buy them at Trader Joe's.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissi 24th September 2010, 12:10 am

I been having that issue lately and tea tree shampoo or conditioner were a temp fix. I found that coconut oil really helped. Anyhoo my younger cousin is constantly at the doctors about having a itchy and infected scalp and I told her mom to try the ACV and she said that it feels better after than than any medicated shampoo the doc gave her. I am def gonna be trying it for myself this weekend.
Rissi
Rissi

http://a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"&

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 24th September 2010, 12:19 am

IMO you need to use the tea tree shampoo and conditioner often. EVCO is good because it is one of the few oils that is absorbed in the hair and skin.

If this does not work then you should see an MD.

Last edited by Naturally Esq on 24th September 2010, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by tazochaichick 24th September 2010, 12:20 pm

@Naturally Esq....Thanks a bunch. I will try that. ACV seems to be good for everything that pains you. I plan on taking a trip to Trader Joes this weekend.
Thanks for the suggestions. elephant

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfshanee 24th September 2010, 3:56 pm

you most likely have seborrehic dermatitis...thats how mine started out. itchy in one spot and now it spread to my whole head..not saying its gonna happen to you. go to your derm. if you dont have one then i suggest using neutrogena tgel shampoo.
wtfshanee
wtfshanee

https://facebook.com/wtfshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by tazochaichick 25th September 2010, 7:19 pm

@ wtfshanee....Thanks. I actually made an appointment to see my dermatologist about something else, but this will be a part of our discussion.

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Post by Labrat 6th October 2010, 11:41 pm

I tried a conditioner from Whole Foods. It's called Alaffia Neem and Shea scalp recovery. I think it's made fair trade product from west africa, but it's about $10. I used to have really itchy dry scalp, but after using this a couple of times it seemed to work.

Labrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down