CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am a newbie

2 posters

Go down

I am a newbie Empty I am a newbie

Post by vani 4th December 2009, 10:41 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to fully commit to natural hair. I haven't had a perm since Sept.09, but i would still flat iron my hair, and blow dry it out until two weeks ago when I swept up my bathroom floor that was covered in my hair!!! Sad So today I went out and bought some products, But I Still need some help. Kinda like a newbie guide. I saw on hear that some of the ladies got there products at Target, but I went to mine and was disappointed, I only saw the Herbal Essence Hello hydration. Which I bought. I went to my BSS and picked up some shea butter. (Africa's Best), I also bought Taliah Waajid shampoo. BUT!! Here is my hang up. Can some one tell me they're hair care regimen. I just want as a guide to what to do with my hair I have a type 4aish hair I believe. and also if you could list the products that you use and where did you get it from....
vani
vani

Back to top Go down

I am a newbie Empty Re: I am a newbie

Post by Tmochava 5th December 2009, 4:37 pm

Since I decided to start transitioning, I've tried out some regimens and this is what works best for me now. I wash my hair every two weeks with Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo (Target and Walmart) and condition with Pantene Relaxed and Natural (I have to find a new conditioner, this one doesn't have good slip). I deep condition once a week with Soft-Sheen Carson Roots of Nature Reconstructing Deep Treatment (Walgreens), it has mineral oil in it but I love what it does for my hair, it makes it so easy to detangle and soft. For my leave in conditioner I use Cantu Repair Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream (Target). As for a moisturizer I use Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (www.qhemetbiologics.com). I also have shea butter that I got on 125th street in NY. You really have to try things out, I tried co-washing and it didn't work for me, it made my scalp real itchy and it drove me crazy but as soon as I stopped co-washing the itchiness went away. Good luck!
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down