CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Here

5 posters

Go down

Newbie Here Empty Newbie Here

Post by enjoylife35 19th November 2010, 12:47 am

Hello ladies, first I would like to say that all of you have pretty hair. I have a few questions, I have seen a number of you posting the type of hair you have my question is how do you find out, how to take care of my dry hair? I just need help all around, I don't even know how to style, oh and I have been natural for about 6 months now. Help please Sad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

enjoylife35

Back to top Go down

Newbie Here Empty Re: Newbie Here

Post by MsJay1121 19th November 2010, 1:34 am

I don't find hair typing totally helpful, but naturallycurly.com has a basic rundown of the different types. Click here to see!

I would love to help--what products are you currently using? What's your routine like?
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th November 2010, 12:07 pm

naturallycurly. com breaks down the different curl textures. Youtube is the best way to find out information about styling your natural hair - alot of women post all types of info on that site. Also going to a professional stylist will help a whole lot also. I learned so much from these sites and a stylist. When I first started off I was in the same boat as u.

Can you explain the damage on your hair?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 19th November 2010, 12:55 pm

I would love to help--what products are you currently using? What's your routine like?
I would also like to help. I suggest that you examine what you are doing to hydrate and nourish your hair/scalp from the inside.

How much water are you drinking? Do you drink caffienated beverages? How many servings of fruit & vegatables do you eat each day? What is your protein intake each day? Are you including EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids) in your diet?
Also, are you on any medications that could be affecting your hair? Is anything (other than your hair problem) causing major stress for you?

Last edited by FalconTress on 19th November 2010, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change punctuation for clarity)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 19th November 2010, 1:19 pm

yes explain more about your hair..and your experience with it..m guessing from that pic your hair is blown out..if it is are u using a good heat protectant to avoid heat damage???
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by enjoylife35 19th November 2010, 5:07 pm

Well thanks for all the help. the picture is not a blow out it is my hair when I wash It and comb it out, also I use Pantene products. I use to put a perm in my head and wear ponytails, I didn't use a lot of heating items. I did take a lot of medication , but just like my hair I have been off for about 6 months. Life comes with stress so I am stress, but not out of the norm. My hair is very dry, since reading and looking at you tube videos, I have been trying to keep moisture on it. I just have a water bottle with some glycerin in it and then braid hair up. (I got that from my daughter she has been natural for years now and have beautiful hair. She is off to college so I am trying to learn this from others also. I don't drink sodas , I eat well, I work out . I just have really dry hair. It very hard to keep from going back to the perm so I asking for a little help. any and all is greatly appreciated Smile

enjoylife35

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 20th November 2010, 1:36 pm

Here are some questions:

1) Do you shampoo or cowash? Both when done too frequently can dry you out. Shampoo strips the hair, and cowashing without clarifying periodically causes build up and dryness ( well, for me it does).
2) After using your glycerin spritz, what sealant do you use to lock in moisture?
3) do you deep condition? If so how often? That is imperative, especially in the cooler months.
4) Are you combing out your hair when it's dry?
5) Which Pantene products are you using?

I'm not trying to bombard you with questions, just tryna get a feel for your routine. These were things. That stood out to me in your post, but I'm sure others will chime in!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down