CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products I will never use again

+50
EMarie
ciara89
Niqui36
Epiphany
Sebastain13
PrincessRN
CarlaAR
LadyMika
Tamren
naturallybjones
happy2bcurly
NaturalMahogany
curlya
naturallynola
KeetaRay
MsJay1121
iri9109
Shaynatural
makeupvixen
BlakButterfli
KeAnia
fanmnatirel
sxytia07
Madeaj
Lynnieluve
Free2Be
naturalblkbeauty10
rayray19
BajanPrincess82
Natural Wheezes
ladybug
chynadoll8799
cyclingchick
AimWard
krazy coils
Shrinkage
TICTACTAN
naturallyu
Renny
kinksncurls
ChrsLvsBks
new2curl
ldwatters
Naturalin2010
Tmochava
Naturally Esq
Curlock Holmes
FalconTress
DreamMerchant
54 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Products I will never use again - Page 4 Empty Re: Products I will never use again

Post by Niqui36 10th November 2010, 9:48 pm

Renny wrote:I have two new ones to add to the list.

CURLS Goddess - WTHeck? Almost made me wanna cuss. Turned my hair into brillo pad. I could scrape a pot with the top of my head.

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo - worse than the Curls Goddess. Drying...horrible, horrible, horrible.

The Curls Goddess did the same thing to my hair! Hated it!!! My hair was so hard/dry feeling. I'm still trying to find someone to give that stuff to!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Products I will never use again - Page 4 Empty Re: Products I will never use again

Post by naturallynola 10th November 2010, 10:21 pm

Oh no!!! Which Curls product did you pair it with? You know they have that Step 1 through 4 thing going on.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th November 2010, 11:45 am

I know about the 4 steps, but I refuse to use anybodys shampoo (which is step one). I used the Quenched curls and the Whipped Cream. Mess. This time I used the Goddess for a wash an go - hard, coated hair.

I still like the Whipped Cream. I love it actually, but I can only get two day hair and I don't like that. I'm too lazy for two days of hair.

As for the GODDESS, I'm taking it back to Target. They can figure out what to do with it.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 11th November 2010, 12:14 pm

I know about the 4 steps, but I refuse to use anybodys shampoo (which is step one). I used the Quenched curls and the Whipped Cream. Mess. This time I used the Goddess for a wash an go - hard, coated hair.

I'm with you, Renny. Mad at any step in any product line that fails to perform or even worse does damage independently. I know everything doesn't work for everybody, but Goddess is a repeat offender. lol

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 11th November 2010, 12:34 pm

I love this post!!!
It just reinforces the theory that what works for some doesn't necessarily work for all....

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 11th November 2010, 2:25 pm

I will never use the SheaMoisture line, let my hair hard and dry. Also I recently realize that I cant seal my ends with coconut oil because it leaves my ends really hard, crunchy feeling.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 11th November 2010, 2:51 pm

ciara89 wrote:I will never use the SheaMoisture line, let my hair hard and dry. Also I recently realize that I cant seal my ends with coconut oil because it leaves my ends really hard, crunchy feeling.

Using coconut oil unblended and not mixed with a DC does the same thing for me. I can use coconut oil, but never solo.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 11th November 2010, 5:02 pm

CarlaAR wrote:
ciara89 wrote:I will never use the SheaMoisture line, let my hair hard and dry. Also I recently realize that I cant seal my ends with coconut oil because it leaves my ends really hard, crunchy feeling.

Using coconut oil unblended and not mixed with a DC does the same thing for me. I can use coconut oil, but never solo.

Co-sign all of this... Coconut oil solo is one of the worst things I've done to my hair.

I will also never use Hairveda products again..cheap but awful...the deep conditioner and moist-condition 24-7 were ghastly.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 11th November 2010, 5:43 pm

I think I have to come to terms with the fact that my hair doesn't like shea butter and especially shea moisture products.

I put a small amount of a shea butter mix in my hair this morning and by 12pm it was running down my face causing my eyes to burn.....guess I will have to find an alternative and quick!

Last edited by EMarie on 11th November 2010, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trenni 11th November 2010, 7:40 pm

I have tried the Curls line and it was horrible...and it created this gross looking flaking in my hair
I also tried Giovanni Direct Leave in...but it was more like lotion in my hair...it just didn't absorb the way i would have expect a conditioner to...
I have only had some success with the Kinky Curly line...the knot today and the curly custard have been a blessing...i just hate how "crunchy" the custard makes my hair...i would much rather have something that gave me the curl definition that it does with out the hard feeling...
I have also tried the Miss Jessie's line and i love their conditioner and shampoo...I absolutely hated the curly meringue...it was so heavy that it straightened my hair...i had to wash it out immediately
Trenni
Trenni

Back to top Go down

Post by Trenni 11th November 2010, 7:44 pm

I just remembered that i recently tried this new "African" line i saw in Whole Foods called "beautiful curls"...a mess!!! it stinks and it doesn't work at all
Trenni
Trenni

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 11th November 2010, 7:50 pm

Trenni wrote:I have tried the Curls line and it was horrible...and it created this gross looking flaking in my hair
I also tried Giovanni Direct Leave in...but it was more like lotion in my hair...it just didn't absorb the way i would have expect a conditioner to...
I have only had some success with the Kinky Curly line...the knot today and the curly custard have been a blessing...i just hate how "crunchy" the custard makes my hair...i would much rather have something that gave me the curl definition that it does with out the hard feeling...
I have also tried the Miss Jessie's line and i love their conditioner and shampoo...I absolutely hated the curly meringue...it was so heavy that it straightened my hair...i had to wash it out immediately

I have the same problem with Kinky Curly but so far its the only thing that works! Curly Nikki did a review on the new natural Kera Care line...think I might have to try it and see how it works!! My sister wants to try Kiss My Face and they have a mousse and gel so I guess Im still looking!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 12th November 2010, 12:10 am

Trenni wrote:I just remembered that i recently tried this new "African" line i saw in Whole Foods called "beautiful curls"...a mess!!! it stinks and it doesn't work at all

I tried one of the items too and I could not stand the smell. Evening the Whole Foods employee working in that department said she got a lot of complaints about the smell of that product. I wonder how much longer it will be on the shelves.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th November 2010, 12:57 am

I love this thread. I really needed this laugh today. Trenni, I know what you mean. I tried the Alaffia product- Daily Coconut and Shea Daily Hydrating Condish (Should have run when I saw shea) and then I tried a face product--wrong again. Really, I was trying to support them because of the fair trade mission, but MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 12th November 2010, 1:21 am

Cantu Leave In
Shea Butter
Organix
Castor oil
Shea Moisture Smoothie/Spritz/DT
Every Day Shea
ORS Hair Mayo (just figured out that it has sulfates)
Elasta QP Mango butter
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 13th November 2010, 8:42 pm

Ms Jessies curly pudding... my hair turned into a brillo pad!
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 13th November 2010, 9:50 pm

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk the original definer Evil or Very Mad (i'm giving it a dirty look right now) I didn't enjoy the fact that I smelt like a lemon tree for the day, and it left my hair very dry. I used it twice thinking I would like it better but I still hate it. I hate cantu shea butter leave-in conditioner too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by CurlyGirly24 on 13th November 2010, 9:55 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4