CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products I will never use again

+50
EMarie
ciara89
Niqui36
Epiphany
Sebastain13
PrincessRN
CarlaAR
LadyMika
Tamren
naturallybjones
happy2bcurly
NaturalMahogany
curlya
naturallynola
KeetaRay
MsJay1121
iri9109
Shaynatural
makeupvixen
BlakButterfli
KeAnia
fanmnatirel
sxytia07
Madeaj
Lynnieluve
Free2Be
naturalblkbeauty10
rayray19
BajanPrincess82
Natural Wheezes
ladybug
chynadoll8799
cyclingchick
AimWard
krazy coils
Shrinkage
TICTACTAN
naturallyu
Renny
kinksncurls
ChrsLvsBks
new2curl
ldwatters
Naturalin2010
Tmochava
Naturally Esq
Curlock Holmes
FalconTress
DreamMerchant
54 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Products I will never use again - Page 2 Empty Re: Products I will never use again

Post by DreamMerchant 25th September 2010, 10:50 pm

I have noticed that I am not buying alot of products. I still love my Skala Condish and HEHH. The Giovanni 50:50 was on clearance at TJ Maxx along with a trough of Sonoma Condish. I thought I would try them.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Products I will never use again - Page 2 Empty Re: Products I will never use again

Post by Naturally Esq 25th September 2010, 11:09 pm

During my transition I decided that I would never use CD Mimosa Hair Honey again because it was too greasy. I BC'd on 9/22/10, and I am using "everything "to combat the infamous BC dryness. Surprise, surprise, my BC hair soaked up all of the CD Mimosa Hair Honey that I applied. So, I am giving my transition product rejects a second chance.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 26th September 2010, 4:07 pm

Dr. Miracles ANYTHING!
Its a "miracle" I didnt call them up and cuss them out for making such an awful product!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 27th September 2010, 10:23 pm

This is a great thread because I was becoming frustrated with using certain products that are supposed to be great for my hair, but my hair wasn't loving it. For instance, although I love Oyin's Honey Hemp Conditioner, the Whipped pudding just sat on my hair. I would think it was me, so I would try the product again and again with the same results. Since there is so much talk about shea butter and natural hair, I would buy one shea butter product after another. I am coming to the realization, that maybe my hair doesn't like shea butter. Or maybe my hair doesn't like shea butter in the first 2-3 ingredients in the product. I just had this aha moment over the week. :-)

My hair loves KCCC, but sometimes it makes my hair feel sticky. I just ordered some Blended Beauty products to see if they work on my hair because some of their ingredients are similar to KCCC. I will keep everyone posted. My hair is 4a/4b.
ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th September 2010, 11:29 pm

ladybug wrote: Since there is so much talk about shea butter and natural hair, I would buy one shea butter product after another. I am coming to the realization, that maybe my hair doesn't like shea butter. Or maybe my hair doesn't like shea butter in the first 2-3 ingredients in the product. I just had this aha moment over the week. :-)

Ladybug,

I had the same revelation about 3 weeks ago. It was disappointing, but the truth has set me free!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th September 2010, 12:57 pm

lol sumtimes i find this all confusing cause sum ppl say certain products work and a bunch of others say they suck.smh

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 30th September 2010, 1:20 pm

Shrinkage wrote: Giovanni Direct-Leave In. I heard such great things about it, but it literally felt like nothing in my hair.

Oh that sucks. Sad My hair loves the Direct Leave-in. And it gives my hair great slip.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 30th September 2010, 1:27 pm

AO GPB- My hair felt like it needed to be rolled into bales to send the the farm. AWFUL. That's when I really figured out my hair was protein sensitive

Suave Naturals conditioners: I almost scratched my scalp to bleeding after using these.

Oyin Juices and Berries: YES... my hair was dry and sticky, too! Blech.

IC gels: white-ball syndrome much?

Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th September 2010, 3:33 pm

I will never use the green eco styler gel. It is way too hard and feels like it dries my hair out. Once my (HUGE) container is done, I'm going back to the clear one.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 30th September 2010, 6:39 pm

HEHH!!! i tried this conditioner the day of my BC and it made me break out sooooo bad. so many swear by HEHH because its cheap and very moisturizing but not me i threw it away
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 1st October 2010, 12:42 am

I will never use HEHH conditioner, it doesn't detangle my hair and once I washed it out my hair feels rough and dry, no moisture. So, now I'm using it as a shaving cream. it works well for that i must say.
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 1st October 2010, 8:28 pm

Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream - The smell was the primary issue, but then I found it to be a bit greasy. I'm willing to accept that I may have used too much of it and that caused the greasy buildup, but I just couldn't deal with the smell.

Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic - My only complaint is that the mucus-like consistency turned me off. I can't even recall what it did for my hair because I was too focused on the icky, oozy, snot factor.

Everything else I've tried I am willing to try again. I think early in my journey I was 1) trying too many products at one time, 2) using too much product on much shorter hair than I have now, and 3) not styling properly after using the products. So I'm game to re-try things I haven't purchased again during the year.

Last edited by Free2Be on 1st October 2010, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling/grammar)
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st October 2010, 8:44 pm

I will never use Giovanni Shampoos again....stripped, dry, haystack hair!! No
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 1st October 2010, 9:49 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I will never use Giovanni Shampoos again....stripped, dry, haystack hair!! No

I just shampooed with Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture Shampoo and my hair was so moist that I could detangle before I used the SAS Conditioner. I guess it is true: What works for one does not work for some.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th October 2010, 9:34 pm

Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Leave-In Reconstructor. My hair sucked it up and hollered "You're not really thinking about leaving this in are you? Yea, I'm talking to you! Rinse it out right now & double down on the good conditioner you've been hoarding (I know you're holding out on me, I don't know what who you are saving it for, I'm certainly not getting any better without it) I'm serious, no waves, body or curls until you do. I'm waiting."

My hair can tolerate protein, it just has to rinsed out.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 4th October 2010, 10:17 pm

@Naturalblkbeauty10

I started using my conditioner rejects for shaving too. The conditioners work better than shaving cream. I also use my shampoo rejects as foot soaks and hand soap. Luckily I can usually find sample sizes of the expensive brands to try out, so I don't have any expensive foot soak, hand soaps or shaving cream. Very Happy

Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by sxytia07 7th October 2010, 9:44 pm

CURLS Creme Brule from Target. Smelled great! That was all.... Crying or Very sad
sxytia07
sxytia07

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 7th October 2010, 11:47 pm

Madeaj wrote:@Naturalblkbeauty10

I started using my conditioner rejects for shaving too. The conditioners work better than shaving cream. I also use my shampoo rejects as foot soaks and hand soap. Luckily I can usually find sample sizes of the expensive brands to try out, so I don't have any expensive foot soak, hand soaps or shaving cream. Very Happy

I know thats right
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 9th October 2010, 12:04 pm

@Lynnieluve/
Just this morning I was thinking the same thing about the Giovanni shampoos..
What shampoo do u use?
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 9th October 2010, 8:36 pm

ok ladies this is my third time typing this so it is really going to be short and sweet. SugaBabe does not like Giovanni 50-50 conditioner nor does she like Shea Moisture DTM.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 18th October 2010, 6:46 pm

Giovanni Direct Leave-In: I REALLY wanted this stuff to work, but it just made my hair feel kinda tangled and it shrunk it all to high hell.

Donna Marie Cocoa Hemp something: LOL - The smell makes me sick to my stomach a little bit and I can't really say it did a lot for my curls. It may end up in the Product Swap forum soon. lol

Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter: I've tried doing several twist out with this and my hair always looks dull afterwards and feels dry and ragged, if that makes sense. This is my second go round with this one and it too may be finding a new home soon.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 18th October 2010, 7:00 pm

I have yet to understand the purpose of a leave in condishionner...
(call me "slow".... Loooool)
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 19th October 2010, 2:08 am

Will not be using anything from AfroVeda, some products arrive spoiled (spiled milk and rotten eggs) plus the price hike turned me off to them. I was just ok when I did get a decent product that wasn't rotten but I'm not going to risk it for $21.50 now.

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine did nothing for my hair.

KBB Hair Butter was just some grease for me. I guess i can grease my scalp with it, lol.

Oyin Frank Juice, the smell was too loud for me, I like the Greg Juice and Juices and Berries Better.

Nothing from Kinky Kurly, none of the products worked for me, hard hair, dry hair syndrome.

Yucca Butter, too hard to work with. Boiling point too high to reach.

Wen Fig, too much money for a Shampoo/conditioner. Although it did make my hair soft. i would be willing to get it in a swap tho.

Qhemet Biologic Tea Spray, too strong, didn't make my hair soft, hair didn't really absorb it either.

JBCO Sunny Isle in Extra Dark - Allergic to it, caused deep hard pimples on my scalp and face. I need the original Tropical Isle JBCO.

Nature Gate Conditioners (except the Henna one) cheap but my hair just doesn't like it. The henna one gives me moisture and bounce as a co-wash.

Nubian Heritage - Only like the mango soaps, nothing else

Anita Grant creams - too greasy and doesn't absorb. Made my hair rough and frizzy

MopTop Deep Conditioner - too much money. didn't deep condition, still felt dry.

Carol's Daughter Milks - YUCK is all I can say, left white film on my hair

Jane Carter Exfoliation Serum - No benefit

JBCO Red Pimento hair Growth Serum - No benefit

Bee Mine Balancing Cream - Dry hair and breakage

Bee Mine Sulfur Mango Hair Growth Serum - Too strong, smelled awful, hard to work with to add just to my roots, I have thin fine 4a hair so the serum always got everywhere and dried all my hair out.

Ojon restorative treatment (brown jar) - does nothing

Morracan Argan Oil Products - had to use a lot to effect my hair and at $35 a jar it's not worth it. I get a cheap Argan Oil bottle from Sally's for $4.

Miss Jessies baby Buttercream, Silk Stretching Cream and Curl Pudding - Mineral Oil, doesn't hydrate my hair. Style only lasts a few hours before PUFF City happens.

Ouidad Climate Control - doesn't work for humid days in los Angeles near the beach

Anita Grant Oragnic Sapote and Coconut Pomade - Worse that TCB hair grease, yuck.

SheScentit Marshamallow Root Moisturizer - grainy and doesn't moisturize.

Marie Dean detangle hiar milk - smell was terrible, didn't detangle but it does make the hair moist...

HairVeda restorative treament steps 1 and 2. Step 1 was ok but step 2 didn't provide enough moisture to recover from the protein in step 1.

Mega Tek Rebuilder - too strong. Even when I cut it down with castor oil or jojoba oils and only applied it for 40 minutes under a plastic cap. It was just too strong for me, the smell was great though. Maybe I will try it for just 20 mins next time but I wouldn't buy it again.

Oyin Grand Poo Bar - I like the Honey Wash much better, for my poo bar i prefer a seller on Etsy that has marshmallow root in hers and also NjoiCreations ACV Poo Bar is great.

Rosewater - saw no point in this. Perhaps if i was making my own sprays to sell or something then yes but since I don't make any sprays with rosewater then no I won't buy anymore

Egyptain Magic - nothing but herbal vasaline, I use it for spider and insect bites to prevent scaring, doesn't work on the hair line.

KBB growth serum - didn't help my edges

Qhemet Biologics Burduck Root - Too light, need to work with the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and the Hydrating Balm, mixing those two works better on my hair.

Organix Coconut Serum - Doesn't seal or prevent frizz

Soy Butter - Only good as a base for products if i want to make something, prefer shea butter, mango butter and avocado butter.

Rosehips - Hibiscus powder works better for me, although I have to strain it with cheese clothe (used in my Bragga ACV rinse)

Guar Cart Gum - I like to make creams for family members (especially my mom fighting breast cancer), it's better if i make gels with it, I'm not a big gel fan, only for wash and go's and that's rare.

Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner - Made my hair hard. If I was doing the wash and go and leave in conditioner leave in method by Terri then it would be ok but I like my twists. It rests on my hair like a gummy mixture.

Dabur vatika oil - the smell was terrible, I prefer the HairVeda Vatika Frosting, smells like a butter cream cake and it still the herbal coconut oil.

Shakakai - too drying for my hair

Wow, I guess I really am a product junky, WOW
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 19th October 2010, 9:28 am

Goodness MakeupVixen! That is a lot of products you have and I'm sure you spent a lot of money too!!!
Well, I guess you can always swap them or give them to a women shelter near you.

I like the KBB hair milk but the butter does nothing for hair...
It's smells great and that's it.

Afroveda: my hair didn't care for any of their stuff.
Giovanni teatree shampoo:dried my hair

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 19th October 2010, 10:37 am

@makeupvixen
First, prayers for your Mom & bless you for taking the time to make products for her!
Now about those products. Here's another WOW from me! That is a lot of experimenting. Reminds me of that Lisa Stansfield song, Been Around the World. LOL
Did you ever find anything to help with your edges? Do tell!

(whispers) There are a few of things that I did not see on your list that work for me, Aubrey Organics (my staples are White Camelia and the Blue Green Algae Mask) and Burt's Bees Avocado Pre-Shampoo Treatment. I really liked the Aubrey Organics Island Naturals and Honeysuckle Rose Conditioners too, but White Camelia gave me the best results.
(releasing mouse and slowly backing out of the post)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next