CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

transition boredom

4 posters

Go down

transition boredom Empty transition boredom

Post by wtfshanee 17th September 2010, 5:59 pm

Im a sophmore in college, and I ever have time to do my hair. For the past..3 weeks I have been flat ironing and wearing it straight for that week. I'm 7 months in my transition and I am SO BORED of the straight look. Ive done a lot of protective styles such as bantu knots, two stand twists, TnC, BnC, flat twist out, braid out, flexis, curlformers and twist outs..and I am also BORED of those styles. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut! I'm opposed to weave because it's gross and just not me..Are there ANY other styles I can possibly do?

Thanks.
wtfshanee
wtfshanee

https://facebook.com/wtfshanee

Back to top Go down

transition boredom Empty Re: transition boredom

Post by naturallyu 18th September 2010, 12:06 am

first of all...well dang that's a lot of styles already... LOL. But I get bored when I wear the same styles over and over again too. A few more you might want to try: rodset/rollerset, mohawk, cornrows, buns (which i have grown to like especially when I have my waves leading to my buns), updo's, veil style with twist out or rollerset in the back, individual braids with your own hair, box braids....

***sn don't you just love the versatility of becoming natural*** Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 20th September 2010, 5:47 pm

OMG @wtfshanee!!! I am so in the same boat!!! I just put up a post... I feel like every style I have done never turns out as nice as the first time I did it!!

Ugghhh!!! Im soooooo bored as well... Im ready so some kind of switch up... N what also sucks is the only curl pattern I like is bantu knots/coil outs... My hair looks icky and wierd with twists/braid outs!!!

Maybe u should try and play with protective styles I have been doing that...HTH
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfshanee 22nd September 2010, 3:31 pm

haha, thanks guys! on sat i washed my hair and did 5 big flattwists, let it air dry and took it out sunday morning. its wed and im still wearing it! i love it!!! i fell in love with my curls again=] at night i spritz with my scurl/water mix, use shea butter on the roots, seal with proclaim 7 oil, re-twist and use rollers on the ends.
i dont know how to upload pictures...this is weird. but i put them on my tumblr. heres the link...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l95vcevEy01qbmcyao1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1285266581&Signature=SEH3CJFiicxL4govbKddoiVYwYg%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l95veu5iDP1qbmcyao1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1285266647&Signature=9A6bIX/NzCmOv/pvAC%2BhYqD7hoY%3D

(sorry for the uber long links..)

wtfshanee
wtfshanee

https://facebook.com/wtfshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 22nd September 2010, 9:36 pm

can you do a style rotation so you dont get bored?
2 weeks of twist outs, 2 weeks of braid outs, 2 weeks of bantu knots, 2 weeks of wash n gos, repeat, etc.

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 22nd September 2010, 9:49 pm

haha. nice pics. so glad you found something that worked for you.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 23rd September 2010, 11:36 am

HAHAHAHA Hot PICS!!!! U should keep trying that its NOICE!!!!

Keep going... U CAN DO IT!!!! lol
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down