CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash n go help

3 posters

Go down

Wash n go help Empty Wash n go help

Post by CurlyHeart 15th September 2010, 1:46 am

Hi ladies! I hope you can help me out! I am almost 11 months natural and I have about 15 inches of hair stretched (I'd say I'm 4a with some 3c at the crown, very thick hair). I have stopped wearing wash n go's for the past month or two because my hair shrinks up so much and gets really tangled. I've just been doing twists/twist outs, and I miss doing wash n go's. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to prevent my hair from getting so tangled up? I've been thinking of trying gel maybe, which I haven't yet. Would this help? (Usually I just use a leave in and shea butter/Oyin whipped pudding). Thanks! Very Happy
CurlyHeart
CurlyHeart

Back to top Go down

Wash n go help Empty Re: Wash n go help

Post by Kimmie0810 15th September 2010, 3:23 am

I'm assuming u comb it all the way thru before applying your leave-in? Have you tried the "tightly curly" method of not completely rinsing out your comb-thru conditioner? I modified it a bit & rinse mine out but then I add a bit of regular conditioner (herbal essence totally twisted) back in my hair b4 I do my leave-in (nexxus humectress & giovanni direct). That seems to help with my shrinkage & tangles.

Do you have a Denman brush? If you section your hair & brush the conditioner through that could help you as well. Then once the product is in, leave it alone. I also wear a headband or clip the top just to kind of keep some "order" to my hair w/o it flying all over the place.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 15th September 2010, 11:42 am

I have massive shrinkage too. Gel or something with some clumping hold helps my tangles.
And my hair type(???sometimes I wonder about typing, but anyway) is about what you say yours is, but I have super coily hair all over, it's dense and medium thickness too.
My hair can stretch to my shoulders but it's right at my ears with WNG shrinkage.
I noticed that if detangle with plenty of condish (Yes to Cucumbers is my fav), then moisturize really well with shea butter and coconut oil mix and use some holding gel I have the best results as far as less tangles. The shrinkage is still there, but it doesn't wrap all lovey dovey together into tangles as badly.
My staple gel is KC Curling Custard (with Knot Today underneath) I have the best results with that one, but I have used Eco Styler too and shingled it in.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyHeart 15th September 2010, 12:15 pm

Thank you for the tips, Kimmie and kbelle! I will definitely be trying these!
CurlyHeart
CurlyHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down