CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC"

+5
sophisticatedbeauty
Lynnieluve
cyclingchick
Naturalin2010
psbest
9 posters

Go down

What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC" Empty What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC"

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 6:17 pm

What would be the best thing to do? Which products?
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC" Empty Re: What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC"

Post by Naturalin2010 13th September 2010, 8:00 pm

I don't know how long your hair is, so I can not tell you what styles to try. However, this would be the time to experiement to see what your hair likes and does not like. Whatever product you choose, just be sure you have plenty of moisture. I could not get that emphasized enough for me. For me, in the beginning I cowashed like every other day using the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. For my styling I used Aloe Vera Gel and sealed with EVOO and EVCO because I wore nothing but WnG. Since then, I've experimented with several products and I know what my hair doesn't like. But regardless I make sure my first ingredient with anything is water. HTH.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC" Empty Re: What would you say the best daily care right after the "BC"

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 8:04 pm

Yeah, I am starting to buy almost anything. I am currently trying the shea moisture but I am not liking it too well. I think it would do better if I had longer hair. My hair is not long at all. I just had my BC last month on the 26th. I am using olive oil along with it for my daily leave it but it still seems to look very dry. I am starting to think this is how my natural hair is but I am sure that it could look better with shine. So right now I am conditioning it with suave tropical coconut conditioner and honey. After I rinse this out I am putting some shea moisture and shea butter in it. Hopefully, this will turn out ok.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 13th September 2010, 8:27 pm

I BC'd last month...I'm currently cowashing daily with Hello Hydration or VO5. I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In and seal with EVCO.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 8:29 pm

I hear a lot of people talking about Giovanni. I will try soon!!! Thank you!!!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th September 2010, 8:55 pm

@ Cyclingchick - I used the same thing when I first BC'd. It worked great. If it started to feel dry during the day I would spritz my hair with a water/glycerin mix.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 13th September 2010, 9:35 pm

I BC'd last month as well and I am having a problem with moisture.. Its not fry when i put my hand in it, but it just looks dry. I transitioned for 6 months and now I am currently using Carol's Daughter hair milk conditioner and the reg hair milk. I like the products but im still struggling with the moisture sheen look.. I plan on trying an oil and shea butter mix and hope that helps.. Is there any other suggestions?
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th September 2010, 10:00 pm

sophisticatedbeauty wrote:I BC'd last month as well and I am having a problem with moisture.. Its not fry when i put my hand in it, but it just looks dry. I transitioned for 6 months and now I am currently using Carol's Daughter hair milk conditioner and the reg hair milk. I like the products but im still struggling with the moisture sheen look.. I plan on trying an oil and shea butter mix and hope that helps.. Is there any other suggestions?

Hey!!! I live in Metro Jackson area too!!

How often do you deep condition?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 13th September 2010, 10:57 pm

HEY THATS GREAT!!! I Finally found a local natural that i can connect with!! All the other naturals that i come in contact with seem to shy away from speaking or discussing natural hair!! BTW:: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE UR HAIR AND THE GROWTH THAT HAS HAPPENED WITH IT!!!! I try to deep condition once a wk. I think I maybe using the wrong conditioner. I currently use Palmers Coconut Deep Conditioner. It worked while transitioning but I'm not sure if its so good being fully natural now. Am I DC too much or not enough?
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 11:23 pm

@sophisticatedbeauty I am having the same problem. My friend told me that it may be that my natural hair looks like that but I don't want to believe that.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 11:24 pm

I condition every night but I am starting this honey, olive oil, cinnamon, and suave conditioner every night to help
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 11:29 pm

Well without the cinnamon
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 13th September 2010, 11:43 pm

@psbest thats what my other natural friend says.. she says that its just a phase of the natural hair, but i still feel like i can have some kind of moisture and shine some kind of way.. I was co-washing every other day. so now i said im going to wash once a wk and see what happens.. My hair isnt tangled, its pretty soft it just looks dull and dry even though its not. i have purchased products and now im trying to figure out how to use them! lol! like the jojba joba shea butter hair sheen from CD alond with the leave in along with the hair milk! i dont want to over do it!
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 13th September 2010, 11:47 pm

I understant. There are so many products to try but I want to know what really works for me. Let me know how it does for you!!! I will keep you posted on mines as well. Also, I had someone else tell me that right after you BC your hair is really dry so just keep conditioning every night and applying olive oil. I am applying little apps. of olive oil to everything I put in my hair. Hopefully, this will work!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 14th September 2010, 1:30 am

I co-wash daily with Shea moisture restorative conditioner ( I love that stuff) and use KCKT as a leave in, and seal with Castor oil and EVOO..Castor oil is a very thick oil, so I never worry have to worry about my hair being dry while using it..in the morning I apply water/glycerin to my hair and a lil more KCKT followed by good old KCCC!!!

I also shampoo and deep condition my hair once a week with Shea moisture deep treatment masque!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by honeysweetlifee 14th September 2010, 1:37 am

@psbest have u try raw shea butter mix wit coconut oil I made this all the thing for my hair

honeysweetlifee

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 14th September 2010, 8:37 am

@rayray I would have to look into the Shea Moisture Restorative Condition.
@honeysweetlife Yes, I have both at the moment.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 14th September 2010, 9:13 am

For cleansing, try raw African black soap. You can mix it with some water, oils, and aloe/glycerin/other humectants to make it less stripping, and wash. Use your favorite conditioner, and finish with an ACV rinse (1/4 tsp per 8 oz/1 cup water should do it).

For daily moisturizing, try butters. Shea butter is a popular and easily-accessible one, but there's also aloe, mango, avocado, cupaçu, and a plethora of other butters you could use instead of shea if your hair doesn't like it. You can whip the butter and add some oils and humectants to make a basic whipped butter moisturizer or you can buy some emulsifiers and conditioning agents to add water and make a cream. The latter will take a bit more work, and if you do add water, pure aloe vera juice/gel, or some other watery liquid to your butter, you must use a preservative.

For deep conditioning, try a hot oil treatment with extra virgin coconut oil. I highly suggest coconut oil for this, since it's one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft and provide excellent nourishment for the hair. Warm up coconut oil until it melts (either in the microwave or through double-broiling), and make sure it's enough to cover your entire head. Apply the coconut oil to wet hair, put on a plastic cap, and let it soak for at least 30 minutes. Take off the cap and wash your hair with a gentle cleanser. This treatment has left my hair amazing soft, much more than any of these raved commercial deep conditioners ever did.

Honestly, I don't recommend Shea Moisture. In my opinion, it's overly-fragranced crap that provides no real moisture. You should try making your own products; instead of spending a bunch of money looking for the perfect commercial product, you could use that same amount of money to buy raw ingredients that would serve a variety of purposes, could make multiple products, and would last significantly longer than commercial products.

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 14th September 2010, 9:56 am

Lynnieluve wrote:@ Cyclingchick - I used the same thing when I first BC'd. It worked great. If it started to feel dry during the day I would spritz my hair with a water/glycerin mix.

The combo is working really well for me. If I need some little help during the day, I use a little juices and berries. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 14th September 2010, 11:27 am

@SummerRuby you are exactly right and I have put shea moisture to the side. I am currently putting honey, olive oil and conditioner mixed in the hair at night and in the morning times I wash it out with conditioner and put olive oil, eco olive oil gel and serum in my hair. I just need to make a good moisturizer like you said/butter. It seems when I use the shea butter it gives my hair a white look and when I massage it in the dry look appears. I guess I am not blending the mixes well or they aren't working well together. I will look into the butters. Thank you so much for your help and I will follow what you say!!

@Cyclingchick I am going to get the Giovanni Conditioner next and just use water and oil mixed as a spritz. BTW, what type of juices/berries?
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ldwatters 15th September 2010, 11:07 am

i used the sheamoisture deep conditioning masque and i swear my hair turned dry as the california brush...i'm a little sad i spent ten bucks on it, but i'll live. i think i'm going to try the coconut oil treatment that SummerRuby suggests. i bc'ed less than a month ago and my hair is fairly dry looking.

ldwatters

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 15th September 2010, 11:11 am

I know what you mean @Idwatters
I am currently doing my own conditioners/leave ins
I am using conditioner mixed with olive oil, aloe vera juice, and honey mixed
Spritz with aloe vera juice, olive oil, and coconut oil with water.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 15th September 2010, 11:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Less than one month from BC
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 19th September 2010, 9:54 pm

psbest wrote:
@Cyclingchick I am going to get the Giovanni Conditioner next and just use water and oil mixed as a spritz. BTW, what type of juices/berries?

Juices & Berries is a product from Oyin Handmade Check them out...lots of curly girls like their stuff Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 20th September 2010, 3:57 am

Thank you!!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down