CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls we are exotic

+9
DreamMerchant
cluelesscurl
naturallytexan
kim
shortnsweet
Naturally Esq
elleeccentric
Nessa101
deeply_rooted_chick
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Girls we are exotic Empty Girls we are exotic

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 10:20 am

So I was hanging out with my guy friend for the first time since I went natural. I wore wigs two months before my BC last year. This guy is from Korea btw, I didnt even think about what he might have thought about my hair. When we were in the car he looked at my minitwists and said "You look so exotic. You're hair isn't straight, but it isn't curly. I like it." I never thought of myself exotic because being so in tune with the natural community everyone has twist to retain legnth! Girls I think I'm going to start dating outside my race cuz I like being looked at as being different Very Happy
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Girls we are exotic Empty Re: Girls we are exotic

Post by Nessa101 12th September 2010, 10:40 am

That just made me smile. What a cute compliment!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 10:44 am

Yay for smiling so early in the morning!
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 12th September 2010, 10:45 am

Yes! and i've considered the dating outside my race thing, but i'm not sure yet.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 10:47 am

What's holding you back?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 12th September 2010, 11:14 am

IDK my family has had bad experiences with dating outside their race so it makes me reluctant.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 11:19 am

Oh my mom has always been blind to race and so have I. When I was little I was always attracted to white boys, then it was black, and now I'm like *throw my hands up* anyone who is good will do lol. A lot of black women stay single a lot due to being stuck on black guys. If they dont have a problem going to other races I dont see why we shouldn't. Smile Hispanic men have always been my thing tho but after my move there is none Sad

Last edited by deeply_rooted_chick on 12th September 2010, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 12th September 2010, 11:21 am

That is soo cute! Its funny how other races appreciate our beauty so much while other people of our own race try to put us down for embracing how God made us. smh.
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 12th September 2010, 11:26 am

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:Oh my mom has always been blind to race and so have I. When I was little I was always attracted to white boys, then it was black, and now I'm like *throw my hands up* anyone who is good will do lol. A lot of black women stay single a lot due to being stuck on black guys. If they dont have a problem going to other races I dont see why we shouldn't. Smile Hispanic men have always been my thing tho but after my mom there is none Sad

This is soo true. Black men hardly ever limit their options when it comes to dating and too many black women do. We should be a bit more open minded
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 12th September 2010, 11:28 am

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:Oh my mom has always been blind to race and so have I. When I was little I was always attracted to white boys, then it was black, and now I'm like *throw my hands up* anyone who is good will do lol. A lot of black women stay single a lot due to being stuck on black guys. If they dont have a problem going to other races I dont see why we shouldn't. Smile Hispanic men have always been my thing tho but after my move there is none Sad

I believe in "equal opportunity" dating.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 12th September 2010, 11:41 am

Yes my family has no problems with other races. Its the other races families that haven't been very embracing of it., but you can't make a judgement against everyone because of that. So it's not that I won't it's just i'm a little more reluctant
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 11:54 am

Oh really? I never been in that position with other families before, but I think I'd crumble. I used to be afraid of senior citizens who are white because I thought they would all be rascist. Well there was one old white lady in the hosiptal who called me the N word, but I was like "damn lady being the hospitol in the wheel chair and you still have the energy for that? I got over my fear tho Very Happy
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 12th September 2010, 11:56 am

Haha that's great. I just have to keep in mind not everyone is like that and there are good people out there, although it seems like very little of them but they do exist! Very Happy
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 12:02 pm

They do! Just keep trying even black parents can be stand offish to their kid's gf/bf if they are black.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 12th September 2010, 12:06 pm

will do Smile
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 12th September 2010, 12:21 pm

In my experience with my natural curls it seems the caucasian men LOVE big hair afro lol i think it was Jay Leno that told Oprah he loved her hair when it was culy (not sure if it was her natural curls)....men in the african american community are so used to the weaves and the perms..not to say there is anything wrong with it. but when they see a woman of color who can love her natural self its like a breath of fresh air! my bf admitted he liked my curls more than my sleek and staight locs Very Happy
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 12th September 2010, 5:36 pm

very nice compliment
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 12th September 2010, 7:28 pm

I haven't been called exotic, but the question "where are you from" gets asked a lot. For those of you who just did the big chop and are not feeling so pretty, no worries men of all flavors love natural hair! And for those men who don't, they not worth the time anyway...too superficial.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th September 2010, 8:16 pm

naturallytexan wrote:I haven't been called exotic, but the question "where are you from" gets asked a lot. For those of you who just did the big chop and are not feeling so pretty, no worries men of all flavors love natural hair! And for those men who don't, they not worth the time anyway...too superficial.

I agree
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 12th September 2010, 10:33 pm

I say go for it. Choose quality over quantity.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 12th September 2010, 10:54 pm

That was such a sweet compliment! I am married to a white guy. It just happened that way. Black guys NEVER tried to talk to me but whites guys of all ages would flock to me. I have no idea why! I have gotten the most compliments on my natural hair from non black guys.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by * 13th September 2010, 11:02 am

@DreamMerchant, the white girls at work love my hair, but the black chicks laugh at it. It always pans out that way, two of them even told me that they WISH they could have hair like me. I don't know what to say, i think a lot of (let me preface this by saying not all) black people/african americans don't feel comfortable in their own skin. Deeply_rooted_chick, that was just too cute. You should date outside your own race, you never know where you will find love.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 13th September 2010, 12:03 pm

I have to jump in on this.. I have been dating a white guy for almost three years and i must say my Hair has never been an issue. I basically enjoy teaching him about "our" hair and it is never a problem. I wear weaves, braids, wigs, extensions and my OWN hair out, not because i am ashamed of my hair but because i like to change up my style ever so often. My observation of other races and our hair is that sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 13th September 2010, 2:48 pm

Exotic eh, very nice compliment! I will date any race, its the person that matters not the color of their skin.
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 13th September 2010, 4:14 pm

Great compliment. Usually when I hear the word exotic I cringe but your friends compliment seem sincere. As for dating outside my race, I give all men a chance as long as they're respectful."

None of that "can you be chocolate lover for the night crap!"
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next