CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

+30
CocoEuro
courtrhapsody
CarlaAR
Renny
tamtam7
creolebeauty1
JessiWantsCurls
Ekaette
SwirlyCurls90
mokacoffey
TLog77
EMarie
Fleur
mizcreativelyme
willi77
misskris
sweetdrk1
sonance
makeupvixen
Annapolitan
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Umph
BrownSkinDiva
Takeya
moonchild
LadyV69
thetiffany
DreamMerchant
besona
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 Empty KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by besona 2nd September 2010, 1:28 am

Okay ladies,I bought a jar of KCCC this Saturday and I applied it Sunday.I heard sooo many good things about the product so didn't mind paying $30 if it was gonna give me better results than EcoStyler gel. Boy was I wrong. Mad KCCC did nothing to my hair. my curls did not pop.it left a wax film sticky residue on my scalp for days before I washed it out this morning. It was just greasy, gave no definition and total waste of money. Evil or Very Mad Im pissed.Never again. the only thing good I can say it that it didn't make my hair hard..That's it!!! Ecostyler might not be the best but at least I get GRRRREAT definition,holds dwn edges.,and all have to do the next day it spry it with water,run my fingers threw and go,Plus it soooooooo cheap. Im really disappointed and crying about my $30 Sad . Today I mixed the KCCC with Ecostyler and applied it on my hair. I got okay results. My curls popped a little and when it dried it wasn't hard like normal. The KCCC made it soft,and I had no sticky,greasy feeling.This is what Im gonna do until I finish this jar of KCCC. Ladies if you want to try KCCC, I suggest you try to get a sample. Don't just run to the store and drop $30 because it might not work for your hair.Do you guys see the difference in the pics and did anyone experience this???

KCCC ONLY
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ecostyler Gel Only
KCCC N Ecostyler Mix
besona
besona

Back to top Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 Empty Re: KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by DreamMerchant 2nd September 2010, 3:11 am

Ugh, I hate when that happens. That is why I have not made that plunge for the more expensive products. I would be ticked off. Your hair is still cute though!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 Empty Re: KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by thetiffany 2nd September 2010, 9:06 am

i had a similar experience. KCCC didnt really do it for me, but i think its because my hair just doesnt have the curl pattern i was looking for. i didnt even apply it to my wholle head because i didnt like the first couple sections. i use it occasionally for two strand twist. i tried it for a twist out and got ok results, but my hair was very sticky!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 2nd September 2010, 10:38 am

I happen to like the stuff. Sorry the product didn't work for you, though.

For one thing, it can't define curls that don't exist. So if you don't have a distinctive curl pattern, KCCC won't work.

Second, it works under certain conditions. It doesn't react well to oils, butters and silicones, which means that before you use it, you'll have to clarify your hair. With shampoo. You can use Kinky Curly Come Clean, but I've used other shampoos and I've been fine. Then, you'll have to use KCKT under KCCC. It won't react well to other leave ins. Mixing in oils and other gels with it may not give good results either. All you use is KCKT and KCCC. The first time I used the stuff, I had white residue and my curls weren't as defined as I wanted them to be. Then I went to their website, where they explain exactly how the product should be used. Once I followed their directions to the letter, my hair looked better with it.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 2nd September 2010, 11:43 am

I think it's trial and error with it. The first time I used it, it was a total no go (my hair shrank more than normal). I put it away for a few weeks out of frustration, but recently pulled it out again and I'm loving it. It works really well for twist outs and moisturizes for days.

I think it works best when you do your hair in sections rather than runing it through your whole head at once. I don't do w&gs, but I have applied it in sections and let it dry as a test and it works. And I also put a little in my palm then ad a bit of water and smooth back my edges. That works really well, too.

Don't give up!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 2nd September 2010, 12:09 pm

I agree with LadyV and Moonchild...it's trial and error. You have to find the right amount and the right products to go along with the KCCC and start with clean hair. I have used other leave-ins underneath like YTCucumbers with good result but I do find that it's most effective and moisturizing with the KCKT.

I noticed that my hair does have to be close to soaking wet so it locks in that curl pattern. Then instead of raking too much, I smooth the product in so my curls clump together. If all else fails, you can head over to the Product Swap forum and exchange it for something else you'd like to try. Good luck!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 2nd September 2010, 1:23 pm

i dont care for KCCC either, but I know it works well for other curlies. I have seen some folks get better results just using gel and a leave in...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 2nd September 2010, 1:48 pm

I was glad a friend let me experiment with hers before I decided to buy... I didn't like it either.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 2nd September 2010, 7:10 pm

Umph wrote:I was glad a friend let me experiment with hers before I decided to buy... I didn't like it either.

LOL, me too! I hate that stuff, I mean actively HATE it, and I tried it twice. And I DEFINITELY have curls so that wasn't the issue. I don't like the way it made my hair feel, and I don't like the fact that it doesn't work well with other products.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by besona 5th September 2010, 2:44 pm

IM STILL TRYIN TO WORK WITH IT LADIES BUT I DNT THINK ITS FOR ME...IT JUST MAKES MY HAIR FEELS SOO GREASY.I WOULD GO BUY KCKT BUT IM ON A BUDGET NOW..SPENT TOO MUCH ON HAIR LATELY. pale ...I'LL TRY USING IT NEXT TIME WITHOUT RUBBING A TOWEL ON MY HAIR..LETS SEE IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
besona
besona

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 2:52 pm

Your hair may feel a little greasy/slimy at first after applying but once it's dry it shouldn't feel like that.

I agree with Moonchild and LadyV. It's trial and error. I've used KCCC and it was definitely a learning process from the beginning. And you cannot use too much. Also, KCCC does not change your curl pattern....only enhances it. I find that I get better results on clean and soaking wet hair or at least very damp hair and take a little bit of product bit by bit and rake it through in sections.

Give it a few more tries. I hope it works for you. I love KCCC! My results are so consistent with that line of products. Good luck!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Annapolitan 5th September 2010, 6:09 pm

I'm in the midst of trial and error with it. I have a strong curl pattern and it definitely defines it well, but the residue issue is a battle - and I don't use it with any other product. I have found that I have more sticky residue if I follow directions and use it on dripping wet hair (and it also takes forever to dry that way). Lately I've been shaking my head to remove excess water, do a few other pampering things to my body, and then *lightly* apply the KCCC and I like the results. It doesn't make my hair as shiny that way, and my curls aren't as strongly defined, but it's a good enough wash and go and I can leave it in for days without getting white residue and itchiness.

One thing I love about being natural, I just gotta say, is that when products like this fail - you just wash it out without a thought. Yay!

Annapolitan

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 5th September 2010, 6:42 pm

I agree and I was so frustrated with it. I had to gift my KCKT and my KCCC to my mom, she has a more of a 3c texture and I'm a 4a. It took her some time to get use to it and find the right amount to use but she loves it now, after a month or trial and error.

I got Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly magic in a swap and feel in love with it. I found that it was the only one that was worth the money to me, if i was to buy it. A little goes a long way and I don't have to add another product to it if I didn't want to, plus I can use my KBB with it and no side effects.

I love my Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel and I got a large tub of it. So between the Eco Styler and my Curly Magic I'm good for about a year on stylers.

The only thing I spend money on or am looking for good swaps are moisturizers, especially coming up on winter months. Anything else can wait.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 5th September 2010, 8:56 pm

I use it FAITHFULLY with Coconut oil and have wonderful results. I mean WONDERFUL results. I think it's hair type/texture/envirnoment/....all that. I don't use a lot of it so the $30 dollars isn't much to me since it lasts an entire month sometimes longer. I believe trial and error is also a factor. Nothing really works PERFECTLY the first time you use it becuase you have to figure how much to use and no one knows that the first time. Sorry.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 8th September 2010, 5:17 pm

I'm still in the TWA stage, I think that I will have better results when my hair get longer. I read somewhere that it can take up to 12 weeks to actually see your curl pattern, so I'll give it a try at another time. I may purchase as a Christmas gift to myself, by that time I should have a definite curl pattern.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 28th December 2010, 2:05 pm

I likey the KCCC! I mentioned in Sept. I had to give it another try and I’m glad I did! Thank goodness for other Curlies sharing their products! I love to try before I buy!

After reading several posts on how to use the custard, I didn't have any problems. Giavonni leave in was okay, but Garnier Fructis leave in was better...

KCCC will be my first PJ product since BC. My two strand twist out lasted an entire week! That's my best twist out EVER!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2010, 2:35 pm

KCKT is one of my favorite leave ins....less is more with the custard. The first BC that was all I used. Actually the Knot Today did the trick for me...I am happy it worked for you Umph. There is nothing like being disappointed AND spent a ton of money!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 2:40 pm

Hey. I don't see any diff in your hair in those pics so yeah, don't waste your money anymore!!! lol sorry it was a waste but I guess it's not really wasted if you're still able to use it. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by willi77 28th December 2010, 2:44 pm

I'm still transitioning, but I love the KCKT, the best slip in the world for a leave-in. I have a couple friends who swear by the KCKT and KCCC combo. Once I'm 100% natural, I'm going to try the combo...it would be nice to cut the number of products I use in half. Right now I have a sample of KCCC patiently waiting for me, so I definitely advocate getting a sample before spending the cash!! Good Luck...

willi77

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 28th December 2010, 3:43 pm

You can add me to the anti KCCC. I just got back from Target 20 mins ago and was about to get a jar (PJ disease kicking in) when I was there just staring at it thinking God I hate this stuff. I was remembering how it made my hair hard, how dried out my hair would get, how much it costs and that I already have my two staple gels. So I just brushed over the ingredients list and sat it back down.

I am not a fan of this stuff at all, it just doesn't do it for me.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 28th December 2010, 4:08 pm

If purchased at Target, you can return it. If not, someone may be willing to swap it for something else. Head on over to the product swap forum and give it a go. All may not be lost.... Very Happy
It didn't work well for me either (used in combo with KCKT). I got better results with co-washing and eco.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 28th December 2010, 4:18 pm

I had no problems with KCCC. I had to tweak it because the consistency gave me the heebie jeebies, but that's about it. I'm wearing it with Darcy's cream gel in my profile pic. Initially, I was having a problem with dryness after it dried. It went smooth on my hair, so I knew that I could tolerate it if I could adjust it. When my hair gets longer, I'm going to phase it out. It takes forever to dry!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 28th December 2010, 6:37 pm

I dont know ladies....KCCC is by far the ONLY product I get consistent results with. I absolutely love it crunch and all!!

I will say it is trial and error and no matter what I do I cannot get rid of the 1st day crunch but I can get 5 day hair if I play my cards right! LOL

I am currently using MiraCurl...KCCC is on standby in the bathroom and I have the same crunch so I guess its just my hair!

As for drying time....yeah that can be problematic in the winter but I have a hood dryer!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 28th December 2010, 6:52 pm

EMarie, you are correct regarding drying. I used my hooded dryer last night for the first time in years in order to dry KCCC. (I usually sat under the dryer at salons). The results were fabulous. I'm still going to try to phase the custard out this year, though.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 28th December 2010, 7:07 pm

Fleur I TRIED to phase out gel period AND I tried to do braid outs and my hair simply is not having it!

So Im going to stick with what works for now....I did have a lot of thinning and I think its starting to grow a little thicker now so maybe there is some hope for the braid out next year! LOL

In between wash and go's I usually rollerset so Im going to stick with those for now.
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next