CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

+30
CocoEuro
courtrhapsody
CarlaAR
Renny
tamtam7
creolebeauty1
JessiWantsCurls
Ekaette
SwirlyCurls90
mokacoffey
TLog77
EMarie
Fleur
mizcreativelyme
willi77
misskris
sweetdrk1
sonance
makeupvixen
Annapolitan
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Umph
BrownSkinDiva
Takeya
moonchild
LadyV69
thetiffany
DreamMerchant
besona
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 - Page 3 Empty Re: KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by courtrhapsody 31st December 2010, 9:34 pm

I would try it with soaking wet hair, no towel, not even any squeezing. You have to have time to let it drip dry. I also think that it isn't worth using it at all without the Knot Today. I agree with others, it works with no other products in the hair, especially no oils or butters, and it only works well for me with the KT underneath. I can rinse or co-wash and reapply the KCCC products without shampooing, but if I use something else in between I shampoo first. I don't have to do it in sections, I can just worth both products through my hair and I get results. The KCCC will last a long time, I go through more of the KT, two bottles of that for every jar of KCCC. It might be worth another try. Good luck!
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 - Page 3 Empty Re: KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by Fleur 31st December 2010, 9:53 pm

I can mix it with oils, creams, gels, etc. My avatar pic is KC mixed with olive oil and Darcy's cream gel. I didnt even use the KT. This proves that it's a very funny product. Smile
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 6th January 2011, 10:55 am

courtrhapsody wrote:I would try it with soaking wet hair, no towel, not even any squeezing. You have to have time to let it drip dry. I also think that it isn't worth using it at all without the Knot Today. I agree with others, it works with no other products in the hair, especially no oils or butters, and it only works well for me with the KT underneath. I can rinse or co-wash and reapply the KCCC products without shampooing, but if I use something else in between I shampoo first. I don't have to do it in sections, I can just worth both products through my hair and I get results. The KCCC will last a long time, I go through more of the KT, two bottles of that for every jar of KCCC. It might be worth another try. Good luck!
I recently had a problem with flaking... something I used didn't blend well with KCCC but I'm not giving up! I wonder if it was the aloe spritz that's causing the 'lil flakes.

fleur wrote:I can mix it with oils, creams, gels, etc. My avatar pic is KC mixed with olive oil and Darcy's cream gel. I didnt even use the KT. This proves that it's a very funny product. Smile
I don't have the KT either only KCCC and I'm going to play around with different products to omit the flakes. Day one and two were great; the rest of the week was a disaster! probably due to the aloe spritz. I like this product too much to give up! I'll get to the bottom of it.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 6th January 2011, 11:13 am

Everyone's hair is so different, even if it looks similar. Using these products can be so tricky, and I wasn't good at chemistry in high school, LOL. I've wasted some money looking for products, but in the end I always use it up for something (maybe not the IC fantasia or eco styler gel. Those sit under my sink, but they were cheap). But I remember being disappointed when I tried things like aubrey organics conditioner, I was like "they love THIS?"
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 7th January 2011, 1:07 pm

KCCC did not work for me with a wash-n-go either, my curl pattern has to be created! So I used it to set my flat-twist outs!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 11th January 2011, 7:17 pm

I haven't tried KCCC, but KCKT is that one product I cannot live without. It defines my curls perfectly. All they need is a little gel or moisturizer and voila, curls. Sighs, I need them to become a HUGE mainstream company so that they can lower their prices though. Shopping for american products on a college student budget in EUROPE, is seriously painful for my pocket.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 11th January 2011, 9:20 pm

The aloe spritz & the KCCC don't play well together. SOOOO I'm not going to use the spritz! It's too darn cold anyway for a damp head lol. Very Happy I recently realized that I don't need to spritz my hair since I have more length. Before removing my two-strand twists I place oil on my finger tips and then proceed to undo each twist (reapplying oil as needed). My hair is soft AND I have NO Shrinkage!!! I get great twist out results with KCCC. My oil choice is Joico K-Pak restorative stying oil, it's great! It makes my hair soft & keeps it moisturized. KCCC is a keeper for sure. I'm glad the Giovanni leave in conditioner works well with KCCC.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 15th January 2011, 9:40 pm

Day 3-4 of twist out I find my curls looking slightly dry and less defined. I spritz my hair lightly with H20 and applied a dime size amount of the KCCC on my hair (rubbed in my hands first and then applied allover my curls)- WOW cheers I got great results! My curls snapped back into shape. Because I didn't saturate my hair, drying time was a hitch. I'm so glad I tried this product again!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 17th January 2011, 2:26 am

i have no problems with kccc either. I wash my hair, use Yes to Carrots as a leave in and use a TINY, teeny, Tiny amount of kccc and it will last 3-4 days. Since its winter, i'll spritz at night, twist it, and in the morning, i'm skraight!!
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 3:45 pm

When I had my twa, kinky curly worked for me. When it grew out to a much bigger fro- not so much but only because it caused so much shrinkage for me. I tried it again this past summer and yep- still shrank to look like I had 2 inches of hair when I had 6-7. So, I put it away again. Well, I work out a lot and one of my challenges has been finding a product that could withstand a work out AND be refreshed if I rinsed my hair AFTER a work out. So far, I was mostly batting zero. So the other night I decided to use KCCC to refresh only a couple of twists after a work out. I wet them, applied and the next morning I had elongation and a shiny look to those twists. The others were cool but dull. So, last night I co-washed, added some KT and then twisted all my hair with my kccc. This morning my hair looks pretty good and no where near the shrinkage I get from a wng. So, I'm going to zumba tonight, I'm going to rinse my scalp after and retwist. We'll see what happens. I'm just glad to see I can use it for twists as I was about to give it away!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 18th January 2011, 6:03 pm

I've had a lot of bad experiences, and wasted some $$ trying some products that were suggested on this site.

Everything ain't for everybody, and all natural hair ain't healthy.

I've learned my lesson and went back to my origial regimine - #thatisall
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 19th January 2011, 7:04 am

Umph wrote:Day 3-4 of twist out I find my curls looking slightly dry and less defined. I spritz my hair lightly with H20 and applied a dime size amount of the KCCC on my hair (rubbed in my hands first and then applied allover my curls)- WOW cheers I got great results! My curls snapped back into shape. Because I didn't saturate my hair, drying time was a hitch. I'm so glad I tried this product again!

Yeah!!! glad you found a way to use KCCC!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3