CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

+30
CocoEuro
courtrhapsody
CarlaAR
Renny
tamtam7
creolebeauty1
JessiWantsCurls
Ekaette
SwirlyCurls90
mokacoffey
TLog77
EMarie
Fleur
mizcreativelyme
willi77
misskris
sweetdrk1
sonance
makeupvixen
Annapolitan
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Umph
BrownSkinDiva
Takeya
moonchild
LadyV69
thetiffany
DreamMerchant
besona
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 - Page 2 Empty Re: KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by TLog77 28th December 2010, 7:15 pm

Love the pic with the blingy hair barrette. You look really cute.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 - Page 2 Empty Re: KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5

Post by sonance 28th December 2010, 7:48 pm

Well, I'm still going strong with my KC line. I've added Aubrey Organics before the Knot Today and I don't rinse all of the Knot Today out before I use the KCCC.

I don't get NEARLY as much crunch as I did with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding but there is sometime some crunch. Well, I've since realized that I wasn't using any protein. EVER! So, I used Aubrey Organics GPB and no crunch! The protein helped keep the curls soft.

I'll be a Kinky Curly lover for a long time now.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 28th December 2010, 8:06 pm

Hmmm I never thought about adding protein....next conditioner purchase will be the GPB so I can see what happens!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 29th December 2010, 1:03 am

EMarie! Hey girly. Did u get that pesky moving out of the way so you can baby ur hair again, yet? Was thinking bout cha. In a non- weird way....

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 29th December 2010, 1:59 am

So sorry so many ppl don't like KCCC. I love that stuff! It's like, the ONLY thing that really works for my hair. Other products make it look ok (I kindof like Miss Jessie's & Shea Moisture), but Kinky Curly is my holy grail! Guess it's really hit or miss.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 29th December 2010, 9:56 am

LadyV69 wrote:I happen to like the stuff. Sorry the product didn't work for you, though.

For one thing, it can't define curls that don't exist. So if you don't have a distinctive curl pattern, KCCC won't work.

Second, it works under certain conditions. It doesn't react well to oils, butters and silicones, which means that before you use it, you'll have to clarify your hair. With shampoo. You can use Kinky Curly Come Clean, but I've used other shampoos and I've been fine. Then, you'll have to use KCKT under KCCC. It won't react well to other leave ins. Mixing in oils and other gels with it may not give good results either. All you use is KCKT and KCCC. The first time I used the stuff, I had white residue and my curls weren't as defined as I wanted them to be. Then I went to their website, where they explain exactly how the product should be used. Once I followed their directions to the letter, my hair looked better with it.

Thie bolded is the first thing I thought when I saw your pics. 4b coils are too tiny to be defined, so you won't get the same results the looser textured people see. Also a little goes a long way. You may have used too much when you applie
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 29th December 2010, 10:50 am

I used the KC line for my last perm rod set. I loved it. I also didn't spend $30 on it, though. I got it at Target. I'm still transitioning, so I can't speak about curl definition, but I did like the way my hair felt afterwards.

I washed with the the Come Clean and used the Knot Today as a detangler and a leave-in. Per advice from someone else in the forum (I don't remember who), I applied a little EVOO on the hair before applying the custard. Then I put the custard on each piece before I rolled it. I usually have dry, crunchy second day hair, but this was the first time I didn't.

The KC line actually made me WANT to big chop so that I can see how it works on my hair once it's all natural. But I'm not ready for all that just yet.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 29th December 2010, 11:26 am

i heard to use it you have to make sure your hair is squeaky clean for optimal results maybe that will help Smile i might try it after my transition but i'm almost hoping i hate it because at 30 dollars a pop it will be an ugly addiction lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 29th December 2010, 11:44 am

Yeah it's pricey, but worth it. That's why I'll ditch it when my hair gets longer. I'll be using more product and running out of it quicker. For now I love it and use it faithfully in combination with other oils/gel cream. It looks and feels like dribble, though.*shuddering* I'm one of those people that freaks out at certain consistencies and smells, lol.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 29th December 2010, 12:12 pm

What size jar are ya'll getting that costs $30?

Target has the 8 oz jar $16.99 (I ended paying $11.99 in the store because the bar code wouldn't scan ... whoop whoop!).
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 29th December 2010, 12:14 pm

Never mind ... went to the website and answered my own question.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 29th December 2010, 12:38 pm

EMarie-how are u using the Miracurl? So far I have tried it once. I only worked with 4 sections and didnt even use my denman like I do w/ KCCC. I was in a hurry. I saw some ppl mention using w/ some coconut oil...to help with crunch I believe. Anyway, it did dry quicker that KCCC, but I still had to scrunch out the crunch a bit. On the up side, not much shrinkage at all.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 30th December 2010, 10:15 am

Yeah the custard is not the greatest but I'll tell you what I do like and that is the spiral spritz by Kinky Curly. It gives my curls the hold it needs without the crunch. I also like Knot Today as a leave in.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 30th December 2010, 11:21 am

mokacoffey wrote:EMarie! Hey girly. Did u get that pesky moving out of the way so you can baby ur hair again, yet? Was thinking bout cha. In a non- weird way....

Moka...GIRL!! I am still moving things....allegedly moving day is this Sunday since Mother Nature decided to dump 2 feet of snow on us!! My poor hair is really being neglected!

Thanks for thinking about me...in a non-weird way...that really made me laugh!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 30th December 2010, 11:24 am

mokacoffey wrote:EMarie-how are u using the Miracurl? So far I have tried it once. I only worked with 4 sections and didnt even use my denman like I do w/ KCCC. I was in a hurry. I saw some ppl mention using w/ some coconut oil...to help with crunch I believe. Anyway, it did dry quicker that KCCC, but I still had to scrunch out the crunch a bit. On the up side, not much shrinkage at all.

Same thing here.....except MiraCurl is giving me white flakes and I dont get that with KCCC....I dont know I think maybe Im rushing as the almighty move is ruling my world but I did comb it thru in sections.
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 30th December 2010, 9:19 pm

I'm happy that I'm getting my KCCC for $13.71 via target.com!!! whoo hoo! and that includes s/h/tax - gift cards seriously come in handy!

Merry Christmas to me!

I'm gonna hold off on getting the Knot Today- I have two other leave-ins I want to finish first.
woot!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 - Page 2 Empty Ladies, thanks for the KCCC tips!

Post by Umph 30th December 2010, 9:46 pm

sonance wrote:I use it FAITHFULLY with Coconut oil and have wonderful results. I mean WONDERFUL results. I think it's hair type/texture/envirnoment/....all that. I don't use a lot of it so the $30 dollars isn't much to me since it lasts an entire month sometimes longer. I believe trial and error is also a factor. Nothing really works PERFECTLY the first time you use it becuase you have to figure how much to use and no one knows that the first time. Sorry.
Sonance, when do you apply the coconut oil? atop the leave in and then apply KCCC?

sweetdrk1 wrote:KCKT is one of my favorite leave ins....less is more with the custard. The first BC that was all I used. Actually the Knot Today did the trick for me...I am happy it worked for you Umph. There is nothing like being disappointed AND spent a ton of money!
I thank my 'curly' friends tremendously for sharing.

fleur wrote:EMarie, you are correct regarding drying. I used my hooded dryer last night for the first time in years in order to dry KCCC. (I usually sat under the dryer at salons). The results were fabulous. I'm still going to try to phase the custard out this year, though.
I will definitely keep this in mind. What setting did you use?
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th December 2010, 10:22 pm

@besona..
my point exactly! that's why i don't go out and buy these expensive so-called wonderful products b/c some may get great results while the others are just S.O.L. when it comes to the 30 dollars they spent on the product; just b/c a bunch of ppl rave about different things, doesn't mean that it will be best for u too~
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 30th December 2010, 10:22 pm

Umph, I alternated between high and low throughout the drying process. I started on low and when it was getting firm, I switched to high. When I felt it was too warm, I switched back to low to eliminate shrinkage, etc. This went on until I dried it. It didn't take a long time at all.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 30th December 2010, 10:25 pm

EMarie wrote:
mokacoffey wrote:EMarie-how are u using the Miracurl? So far I have tried it once. I only worked with 4 sections and didnt even use my denman like I do w/ KCCC. I was in a hurry. I saw some ppl mention using w/ some coconut oil...to help with crunch I believe. Anyway, it did dry quicker that KCCC, but I still had to scrunch out the crunch a bit. On the up side, not much shrinkage at all.

Same thing here.....except MiraCurl is giving me white flakes and I dont get that with KCCC....I dont know I think maybe Im rushing as the almighty move is ruling my world but I did comb it thru in sections.

I've never tried KCCC. I'm too cheap and I hate products that you have to use another product with. Like KCCC, you're supposed to use the KCKT. I'm not doing that today. Too much money up front for both for me.

@ E-Marie - Flakes with Miracurl? Are you using a leave-in under the Miracurl? Try it on naked hair. That's how it works best. I scrunch out the crunchies with the Coca Hemp Styling Milk, but another milk might do it. I've also scrunched them out with my spray bottle (water, aloe vera juice, glycerin, jojoba and cocounut oil). I also used one of the two for refreshing. I usually get 5 day hair with Miracurl. It's my HG!

Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 30th December 2010, 10:32 pm

Strawberri when you build a regimen, it's trial and error. If it doesn't work, oh well--swap it. When it does work--hooray!! That's one step closer to completing your regimen. The price does not bother me when I think about how much money I spent in salons every month dealing with stylists who charged me based on what bills they had for the month.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

KCCC is NOT worth the $30 not even $5 - Page 2 Empty Thanks!

Post by Umph 31st December 2010, 11:29 am

fleur wrote:Umph, I alternated between high and low throughout the drying process. I started on low and when it was getting firm, I switched to high. When I felt it was too warm, I switched back to low to eliminate shrinkage, etc. This went on until I dried it. It didn't take a long time at all.
Fleur, thank you.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 4:13 pm

@fleur...
of course it's trial and error lol that's life, but i just don't like spending a bunch of money for something that isn't worth it...how long did it take u to build a regimen?~
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 31st December 2010, 4:20 pm

Girlie, it took me 4 months to finally find my staple products. A lot of things worked and didn't work, but when I finally found things that worked fabulous, I stopped buying products that other people thought were so great. I figured out my own regimen by researching my hair based on texture, porosity, and elasticity. Also, my hair was hellish post-BC. It was dry for a long time.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 31st December 2010, 7:42 pm

I only use KCCC when my hair is DRY (like second or third day hair). Otherwise, it looks like I have a jheri curl in my hair when I use it as directed. It really doesn't matter what else I have in my hair when I use it - I think its because its already dried.

I have an 8oz jar that I've had for several months now - probably because I dont use it very often. I use it maybe twice a month when I want to switch things up a bit. I try not to use expensive products as my crutch.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next