CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question?

4 posters

Go down

Question? Empty Question?

Post by curlyneenee 31st August 2010, 12:53 pm

Okay my hair shrivels in water other naturals say their hair loves water I don't think my hair does is their any alternatives or ways I can manipulate my hair into liking water I've been researching and finding nothing it's like when I was younger and had a perm I avoided water like it was the black plague, but now I thought I could enjoy my natural hair without the worry of water woot! but I guess I still do sigh Neutral
curlyneenee
curlyneenee

http://www.thatonechickbuckethead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Question? Empty Re: Question?

Post by Lynnieluve 31st August 2010, 1:08 pm

Shrinkage (or "shrivels" as you described it) is a part of being natural. Natural hair shrinks. The only way to keep it from shrinking as much is to twist it, braid it, or band it after you wash it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 31st August 2010, 1:56 pm

Water is the best thing for natural hair. It doesn't hate it. It's necessary to keep your hair from being dry. We have extremely tight coils, so our hair shrinks. Mine can shrink about 50-66% but other people's hair can shrink to 75% of its length. The key is to seal in the moisture after you put water in your hair so it won't dry out. You could use butters or oils as sealers.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana 31st August 2010, 8:45 pm

hair loves water! There is no need to aviod it. You may have 'hard water'. Try using a shower filter and see what happens
Alana
Alana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down